• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Need Guidance In Understanding A Line From SGGS

May 17, 2007
India..
It is today's Hukamnama.
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][June 1, 2007, Friday 04:30 AM. IST] [/FONT]
[/FONT]

DnwsrI mhlw 5 ]
jh jh pyKau qh hjUir dUir kqhu n jweI ] riv rihAw srbqR mY mn sdw iDAweI ]1] eIq aUq nhI bICuVY so sMgI gnIAY ] ibnis jwie jo inmK mih so Alp suKu BnIAY ] rhwau ] pRiqpwlY AipAwau dyie kCu aUn n hoeI ] swis swis sMmwlqw myrw pRBu soeI ]2] ACl ACyd Apwr pRB aUcw jw kw rUpu ] jip jip krih Anµdu jn Acrj AwnUpu ]3] sw miq dyhu dieAwl pRB ijqu qumih ArwDw ] nwnku mMgY dwnu pRB ryn pg swDw 4]3]27]

Su`krvwr, 18 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 677)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw
:
DnwsrI mhlw 5 ]
hy BweI! mYN ij`Qy ij`Qy vyKdw hW au~Qy au~Qy hI prmwqmw hwzr-nwzr hY, auh iksy QW qoN BI dUr nhIN hY[ hy myry mn! qMU sdw aus pRBU nMU ismirAw kr, jyhVw sBnW ivc v`s irhw hY[1[ hy BweI! aus prmwqmw nMU hI Asl swQI smJxw cwhIdw hY, jyhVw swQoN ies lok ivc, prlok ivc ikqy BI v`Krw nhIN hMudw[ aus suK nMU hoCw suK AwKxw cwhIdw hY jyhVHw A`K Jmkx dy smyN ivc hI mu`k jWdw hY[rhwau[ hy BweI! myrw auh pRBU Bojn dy ky sB nMU pwldw hY, aus dI ikrpw nwl iksy cIz dI QuV nhIN rihMdI[ auh pRBU swfy hryk swh dy nwl nwl swfI sMBwl krdw rihMdw hY[2[ hy BweI! jyhVw pRBU CilAw nhIN jw skdw, nws nhIN kIqw jw skdw, ijs dI hsqI sB qoN au~cI hY, qy hYrwn krn vwlI hY, ijs dy brwbr dw hor koeI nhIN, aus dy Bgq aus dw nwm jp-jp ky Awqmk AwnMd mwxdy rihMdy hn[3[ hy dieAw dy Gr pRBU! mYnMU auh smJ b^S ijs dI brkiq nwl mYN qYnMU hI ismrdw rhW[hy pRBU! nwnk! qyry pwsoN qyry sMq jnW dy crnW dI DUV mMgdw hY[4[3[27[
[SIZE=-1]English Translation :[/SIZE]
DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:
Wherever I look, there I see Him present; He is never far away. He is all-pervading, everywhere; O my mind, meditate on Him forever. || 1 || He alone is called your companion, who will not be separated from you, here or hereafter. That pleasure, which passes away in an instant, is trivial. || Pause || He cherishes us, and gives us sustenance; He does not lack anything. With each and every breath, my God takes care of His creatures. || 2 || God is undeceiveable, impenetrable and infinite; His form is lofty and exalted. Chanting and meditating on the embodiment of wonder and beauty, His humble servants are in bliss. || 3 || Bless me with such understanding, O Merciful Lord God, that I might remember You. Nanak begs God for the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints. || 4 || 3 || 27 ||

Last edited by a moderator:

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Bless me with such understanding, O Merciful Lord God, that I might remember You. Nanak begs God for the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints.

Who is a Saint-the true one??????

Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji tells us time and again about Saints- a lot.....

Respected Saadh Sangat Ji, have we ever thought that if Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says so many good things about a true saint, THEN WHAT A TRUE SAINT SHOULD BE SAYING ABOUT 'DHAN DHAN SIRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI'?????

should a true saint tells others to leave Bani and go after him because Bani says so or should he tell others to obey the Truth written in Gurbani IN IT'S TRUE SENSE :D

and the dust of the feet of the Saints- as much of it is available in Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji De Charan Kanwal, IS THERE ANY COMPARISON EXISTING????????????

just a thought from this neech

humbly asking for everybody's forgiveness

May 17, 2007
India..
It is Hukimnama Of the day

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:
Consumed by desire, the world is burning and dying; burning and burning, it screams. But if it meets with the cooling and soothing True Guru, it does not burn any longer. O Nanak, without the Name, and without contemplating the Word of the Shabad, no one becomes fearless. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Wearing ceremonial robes, the fire is not quenched, and the mind is filled with anxiety. Destroying the snake’s hole, the snake is not killed; it is just like doing deeds without a Guru. Serving the Giver, the True Guru, the Word of the Shabad comes to abide in the mind. The mind and body are cooled and soothed; peace ensues, and the fire of desire is quenched. The greatest comforts and lasting peace are obtained, when one eradicates selfishness from within. He alone becomes a detached Gurmukh, who lovingly focuses his awareness on the True Lord. Anxiety does not affect him at all; he is satisfied and satiated with the Name of the Lord. O Nanak, without the Naam, no one is saved; they are utterly ruined by egotism. || 2 || PAUREE: Those who meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, obtain all peace and comforts. Fruitful is the entire life of those, who feel hunger for the Name of the Lord in their minds. Those who worship and adore the Lord through the Guru’s Word, forget all their pain and suffering. Those Gursikhs are good Saints, who care for nothing other than the Lord. Blessed, blessed is their Guru, whose mouth tastes the Ambrosial Fruit of the Lord. || 6 ||

Saturday, 19th Jayt’h (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 588)

May 17, 2007
India..
[June 3, 2007, Sunday 05:30 AM. IST]
DnwsrI mhlw 5 Gru 8 dupdy
<> siqgur pRswid ]
ismrau ismir ismir suK pwvau swis swis smwly ] ieh loik prloik sMig shweI jq kq moih rKvwly ]1] gur kw bcnu bsY jIA nwly ] jil nhI fUbY qskru nhI lyvY Bwih n swkY jwly ]1] rhwau ] inrDn kau Dnu AMDuly kau itk mwq dUDu jYsy bwly ] swgr mih boihQu pwieE hir nwnk krI ikRpw ikrpwly ]2]1]32]

AYqvwr, 20 jyT (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI)(AMg: 679)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw
:
DnwsrI mhlw 5 Gru 8 dupdy
<> siqgur pRswid ]
hy BweI! prmwqmw dy nwm nMU mYN Awpxy hryk swh dy nwl ihrdy ivc vsw ky ismrdw hW, qy, ismr ismr ky Awqmk AwnMd pRwpq krdw hW[ ieh hir-nwm ies lok ivc qy prlok ivc myry nwl mddgwr hY, hr QW myrw rwKw hY[1[ hy BweI! prmwqmw dI is&q swlwh nwl BrpUr gurU dw Sbd myrI ijMd dy nwl v`sdw hY[ prmwqmw dw nwm iek AYsw Dn hY, jyhVw pwxI ivc fu`bdw nhIN, ijs nMU cor curw nhIN skdw, ijs nMU A`g swV nhIN skdI[1[ rhwau [ hy BweI! prmwqmw dw nwm kMgwl vwsqy Dn hY, AMnHy vwsqy fMgorI hY, ijvyN b`cy vwsqy mW dw du`D hY, iqvyN hir-nwm mnu`K dI Awqmw vwsqy hY[ hy nwnk! ijs mnu`K auqy ikrpwl pRBU ny ikrpw kIqI, aus nMU ieh nwm iml igAw jo smuMdr ivc jhwz hY[2[1[32[
DHANAASAREE, 5th GURU, 8th HOUSE, DU-PADAS:
ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:
Remembering, remembering, remembering Him in meditation, I find peace; with each and every breath, I dwell upon Him. In this world, and in the world beyond, He is with me, as my help and support; wherever I go, He protects me. || 1 || The Guru’s Word abides with my soul. It does not sink in water; thieves cannot steal it, and fire cannot burn it. || 1 || Pause || It is like wealth to the poor, a cane for the blind, and mother’s milk for the infant. In the ocean of the world, I have found the boat of the Lord; the Merciful Lord has bestowed His Mercy upon Nanak. || 2 || 1 || 32 ||

Sunday, 20th Jayt’h (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi)(Page: 679

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
The Guru’s Word abides with my soul. It does not sink in water; thieves cannot steal it, and fire cannot burn it.[quote/]
Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Aisaa Guru Bare Bhagaa Naal Mildaa hai jis di bani andar tak asar kare

Dhan Dhan Sikhi, GURU SAHIB PLACES ALL THE STRAY ONES BACK ON THE RIGHT PATH

GURBANI NIRANKAAR HAI......

May 17, 2007
India..
[SIZE=-1]It is the Hukumnama for today[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
SOOHEE, 5th GURU:
His Mansions are so comfortable, and His gates are so lofty. Within them, His beloved devotees dwell. || 1 || The Natural Speech of God is so very sweet. How rare is that person, who sees it with his eyes. || 1 || Pause || There, in the arena of the congregation, the divine music of the Naad, the sound current, is sung. There, the Saints celebrate with their Lord. || 2 || Neither birth nor death is there, neither pain nor pleasure. The Ambrosial Nectar of the True Name rains down there. || 3 || From the Guru, I have come to know the mystery of this speech. Nanak speaks the Bani of the Lord, Har, Har. || 4 || 6 || 12 ||

Monday, 21st Jayt’h (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi)

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
the mystery of this speech

Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Arjan Dev Ji is describing the marvelous state of mind(giving us a glimps of it)- SAHAJ AWASTHA-

how beautiful it can be when the mind is immune from the evil effects of M A Y A........

May 17, 2007
India..
Hukumnama
[June 5, 2007, Tuesday 04:30 AM. IST]

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:
The red-robed bride is vicious; she forsakes God, and cultivates love for another man. She has neither modesty nor self-discipline; the self-willed manmukh constantly tells lies, and is ruined by the bad karma of evil deeds. She who has such pre-ordained destiny, obtains the True Guru has her Husband. She discards all her red dresses, and wears the ornaments of mercy and forgiveness around her neck. In this world and the next, she receives great honor, and the whole world worships her. She who is enjoyed by her Creator Lord stands out, and does not blend in with the crowd. O Nanak, the Gurmukh is the happy soul-bride forever; she has the Imperishable Lord God as her Husband. || 1 || FIRST MEHL: The red color is like a dream in the night; it is like a necklace without a string. The Gurmukhs take on the permanent color, contemplating the Lord God. O Nanak, with the supreme sublime essence of the Lord’s Love, all sins and evil deeds are turned to ashes. || 2 || PAUREE: He Himself created this world, and staged this wondrous play. Into the body of the five elements, He infused attachment, falsehood and self-conceit. The ignorant, self-willed manmukh comes and goes, wandering in reincarnation. He Himself teaches some to become Gurmukh, through the spiritual wisdom of the Lord. He blesses them with the treasure of devotional worship, and the wealth of the Lord’s Name. || 4 ||

Tuesday 22nd Jayt’h (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 786

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Hukamnama(June 5, 2007) Panna# 786:

sloku m: 3 ]

sUhY vyis kwmix kulKxI jo pRB Coif pr purK Dry ipAwru ] Esu sIlu n sMjmu sdw JUTu bolY mnmuiK krm KuAwru ] ijsu pUrib hovY iliKAw iqsu siqguru imlY Bqwru ] sUhw vysu sBu auqwir Dry gil pihrY iKmw sIgwru ] pyeIAY swhurY bhu soBw pwey iqsu pUj kry sBu sYswru ] Eh rlweI iksY dI nw rlY ijsu rwvy isrjnhwru ] nwnk gurmuiK sdw suhwgxI ijsu AivnwsI purKu Brqwru ]1] m: 1 ] sUhw rMgu supnY insI ibnu qwgy gil hwru ] scw rMgu mjIT kw gurmuiK bRhm bIcwru ] nwnk pRym mhw rsI siB buirAweIAw Cwru ]2] pauVI ] iehu jgu Awip aupwieEnu kir coj ivfwnu ] pMc Dwqu ivic pweIAnu mohu JUTu gumwnu ] AwvY jwie BvweIAY mnmuKu AigAwnu ] ieknw Awip buJwieEnu gurmuiK hir igAwnu ] Bgiq Kjwnw bKisEnu hir nwmu inDwnu ]4]

Gurmukhi Translation of Today's HukamNama:

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :

Bhai Sahib Bhai Sahib Singh Ji (GURUGRANTHDARPAN)

(ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ) ਚੁਹਚੁਹੇ ਵੇਸ ਵਿਚ (ਮਸਤ ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ, ਮਾਨੋ,) ਬਦਕਾਰ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ (ਖਸਮ) ਨੂੰ ਵਿਸਾਰ ਕੇ ਪਰਾਏ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨਾਲ ਪਿਆਰ ਕਰਦੀ ਹੈ; ਉਸ ਦਾ ਨਾਹ ਚੰਗਾ ਆਚਰਨ ਹੈ, ਨਾਹ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਵਾਲਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਹੈ, ਸਦਾ ਝੂਠ ਬੋਲਦੀ ਹੈ, ਆਪ-ਹੁਦਰੇ ਕੰਮਾਂ ਕਰਕੇ ਖ਼ੁਆਰ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ। ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਮੱਥੇ ਤੇ ਧੁਰ ਦਰਗਾਹੋਂ ਭਾਗ ਹੋਣ, ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਖਾ ਮਿਲ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਫਿਰ ਉਹ ਚੁਹਚੁਹਾ ਵੇਸ ਸਾਰਾ ਲਾਹ ਦੇਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਸਹਿਣ-ਸ਼ੀਲਤਾ ਦਾ ਗਹਣਾ ਗਲ ਵਿਚ ਪਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ। ਇਸ ਲੋਕ ਤੇ ਪਰਲੋਕ ਵਿਚ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਬੜੀ ਇੱਜ਼ਤ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ, ਸਾਰਾ ਜਗਤ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਆਦਰ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਸਾਰੇ ਜਗ ਦਾ ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਖਸਮ ਮਿਲ ਜਾਏ, ਉਸ ਦਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਨਿਰਾਲਾ ਹੀ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ; ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਸਿਰ ਤੇ ਕਦੇ ਨਾਹ ਮਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਖਸਮ ਹੋਵੇ, ਜੋ ਸਦਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਹੁਕਮ ਵਿਚ ਤੁਰੇ ਉਹ ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਹਾਗ ਭਾਗ ਵਾਲੀ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ।੧।(ਮਾਇਆ ਦਾ) ਚੁਹਚੁਹਾ ਰੰਗ (ਮਾਨੋ) ਰਾਤ ਦਾ ਸੁਫ਼ਨਾ ਹੈ, (ਮਾਨੋ) ਧਾਗੇ ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ ਹਾਰ ਗਲ ਵਿਚ ਪਾਇਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ; ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸਨਮੁਖ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਰੱਬ ਦੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਦੀਆਂ ਗੱਲਾਂ, (ਮਾਨੋ) ਮਜੀਠ ਦਾ ਪੱਕਾ ਰੰਗ ਹੈ।ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! ਜੋ ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ) ਪਿਆਰ ਦੇ ਮਹਾ ਰਸ ਵਿਚ ਭਿੱਜੀ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ ਉਸ ਦੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਭੈੜ (ਸੜ ਕੇ) ਸੁਆਹ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ।੨।ਹੈਰਾਨ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਕੌਤਕ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੇ ਆਪ ਇਹ ਜਗਤ ਪੈਦਾ ਕੀਤਾ, ਇਸ ਵਿਚ ਪੰਜ ਤੱਤ ਪਾ ਦਿੱਤੇ ਜੋ ਮੋਹ ਝੂਠ ਤੇ ਗੁਮਾਨ (ਆਦਿਕ ਦਾ ਮੂਲ) ਹਨ। ਗਿਆਨ-ਹੀਨ ਆਪ-ਹੁਦਰਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ (ਇਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਫਸ ਕੇ) ਭਟਕਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਜੰਮਦਾ ਮਰਦਾ ਹੈ।ਕਈ ਜੀਵਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸਨਮੁਖ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਗਿਆਨ ਆਪ ਸਮਝਾਇਆ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਭਗਤੀ ਤੇ ਨਾਮ-ਰੂਪ ਖ਼ਜ਼ਾਨਾ ਹੈ।੪।

Guru Ji is teaching us again and again about this Maya(maya mamata mohini jin vin dantaa jag khayaa), He Himself created it. And He Himself blesses us with the Guru(His own Saroop) and shows us the true path...................
Dhan Dhan Guru Sahib Ji describes the conditions of both- Gyaanheen Manmukh as well as Gurmukh..............ALL IS HIS BLESSING.....................

Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

and endless thanks to dear and respected luv4u ji for bringing us neechs in contact with the Daily HukamNama...........

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Respected luv4u Ji,

we dont need it at two places, do we.

Thanks a lot once again for bringing in English Translations of Today's HukamNama from Siri Harimandir Sahib ji.
i read it and humbly posted Gurbani as well as the Gurmukhi Translations. many Sikhs read Hukamnama in Original Form, it is easier that way. I cannot thankyou enough for you making this effort for all of us.

endless thanks once again

May 17, 2007
India..
Yes

Resp. Surinder ji
Yes ,we do not need at two places.I get you.
Thank you for adding The above 'yes' transported here. I just do not know as to how it flew off.

Thanks

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
luv4u

I think Surinder was saying that the English, and 2 versions of Punjabi, translations of the hukam should all be in one place.

Is anyone going to post yesterday's hukamnama and today's hukamnama? Or did that stop for now?

Thanks for the hukamnamas already posted.

May 17, 2007
India..
Respected Aad ji,

I have posted today's Hukumnama in a new thread. Regarding posting it Roman /Transliteration , I shall try to . But It may take a day or two.

Yes, I want to clarify the Construction Of Hukumnama, It has three parts, the first begins with the Hukum from SGGS ji followed by the Gurmukhi Translation and again followed by English Translation. There are no 2 Hukumnamas in Punjabi.

You may kindly look into the new thread.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
luv4u

You already are posting in Roman alphabet. The Georgia font is working just fine. Don't change anything.

May 27, 2007
Respected aad ji,
I note that you have a keen interest in Hukumnama. Kindly let me know if you practice this on daily basis. I am asking iot that I do not do myself and many a times I do not look ito them for months time.Yes ,for last few days I refer to them as these are available here easily.

May 27, 2007
hir hir nwmu iqnI AwrwiDAw ijn msqik Duir iliK pwie jIau ] (444-17, Awsw, mÚ 4)
They alone meditate on the Lord's Name, Har, Har, upon whose foreheads such destiny is written.
hir nwmu pdwrQu kiljuig aUqmu hir jpIAY siqgur Bwie jIau ]2] (444-17, Awsw, mÚ 4)
The wealth of the Lord's Name is the most exalted in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga; chant the Lord's Name according to the Way of the True Guru. ||2||
=================================================
Question
The above two lines are taken from ang. 444-17.The second line states that one should chant the name as per the way of true guru. The term 'true guru' has appeared in earlier pages and means the Lord Himself.Thus we are left to meant that the name should be chanted in a manner that is pleasing to HIM/ True Guru.
What is that manner is nt explicitly stated in the vicinity of this line. Anyone havig the knowledge may like to offer opinion. What is the manner that should be classified and termed as pleasing to HIM.:advocate:

sy DMnu vfy sq purKw pUry ijn gurmiq nwmu iDAwieAw ] (445-5, Awsw, mÚ 4)
So very blessed and truly perfect are those, who through Guru's Instruction meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

============================================================
To the similar effect this line states that the name should be uttered as per guru's instructions. What would be its meaning?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
roopk ji

Hukamnama has been very important for spiritual reasons as well as just learning the language of the Guru.

The hukamnama was my very first introduction to Sikh prayer and it was and still is the main way for me to learn Gurmurki - hearing (on audio at Sikhnet), reading (Gurmurki, English transliteration, and English translation all together). and understanding (an English katha is given by Nihang Sucha Singh at the end).

Hukamnama has been very important in a lot of ways. Probably we are supposed to take hukam in the morning. I do it at night because from the beginning it seemed to have the effect of calming me down after work. The office is a crazy house. I have been doing this for almost two years-- banis came much later. Nihang ji also has an email address so you can ask questions -- but I try not to bother him.

On the siknet site under the Hukamnama link you can also take a cyber Hukamnama which may sound ridiculous but you never know when you need a hint or some extra help from The Guru.

for the cyber hukam go here
Daily Hukamnama from Harimandir Sahib, the Golden Temple

to hear the hukam and English katha all you have to do is click on the link to the Audio translation

Thanks for asking

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM