• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General My Favourite Song

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Everyone has a bunch of favourite songs.
My favourite Hindi Song is :
YouTube - Khilte Hai Gul Yahaan (2) Full Version

My favourite English song is :
YouTube - Bee Gees Stayin' Alive

English song for me has to be Wonderwall. I find the lyrics very spirtual. For me the wonderwall and trying to reach it is like trying to reach God "all the lights that light the way are blinding, all the roads that lead the way are winding"

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Hindi

Baharon Phool Barsao YouTube - Baharon Phool Barsao (Rajendra Kumar & Vyjayanthimala)

English song for me has to be Wonderwall. I find the lyrics very spirtual. For me the wonderwall and trying to reach it is like trying to reach God "all the lights that light the way are blinding, all the roads that lead the way are winding"

:rofl!!:
you know some people have argued that this song is about a condom...LOL!!!! (not so spiritual)

litsen to the song again...

"I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now ......"By now you shoulda somehow realized what you're not to do"".....

"your gonna be the one that saves me"....."and afterall, your my wonderwall"

lol...i have heard this many times, from alot of people, but i still like to think that this songs meaning run deeper than this primitive interpretation (because i like this song alot) ...the original title of this song was not actually "wonderwall" but "wishing stone" (when it was released in 95), i do not think its about a condom (hopefully).

(thats the great thing about the universality of alternative rock...suitbale music for both derranged and spiritual minds) :rofl:

another great Oasis tune
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

c h e e r s

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
:rofl!!:
you know some people have argued that this song is about a condom...LOL!!!! (not so spiritual)

litsen to the song again...

"I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now ......"By now you shoulda somehow realized what you're not to do"".....

"your gonna be the one that saves me"....."and afterall, your my wonderwall"

lol...i have heard this many times, from alot of people, but i still like to think that this songs meaning run deeper than this primitive interpretation (because i like this song alot) ...the original title of this song was not actually "wonderwall" but "wishing stone" (when it was released in 95), i do not think its about a condom (hopefully).

(thats the great thing about the universality of alternative rock...suitbale music for both derranged and spiritual minds) :rofl:

another great Oasis tune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ysg62GmFo
c h e e r s

Maybe a condom, but Noel said in an interview he wrote it for his girlfriend, and was annoyed that Mancity fans replaced "wonderwall" with "Alan Ball" :p.

Don't look back in Anger is a briliant song, a few other of my Oasis favourites are:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p1ODrXFmL-c

The thing about Oasis is that on their singles, the B sides are usually better. :thumbup:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
i just noticed i had not posted any punjabi songs, well, this is one of my favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkzEHmdWeqo
The Poem, Aaj Mere Kolon Kach Da Galas, was written by punjabi Poet Surjit Patar and is being sung by his son at a private recording in the summer of 2006 in Punjab, Chandigarh.

keep it awesome,
sinister

Bahut shor suntey they pehlu mein dil ka
Jo kaata, to katra khoo'n na nikla...:)
--- Mirza Galib

A lot of cries were heard from the heart but when it was cut, there was not a single drop of blood, means the heart was troubling a lot but when asked about the problem, it couldn’t utter a word.
Galib

Bahut shor suntey they pehlu mein dil ka
Jo kaata, to katra khoo'n na nikla...:)
--- Mirza Galib
A lot of cries were heard from the heart but when it was cut, there was not a single drop of blood, means the heart was troubling a lot but when asked about the problem, it couldn’t utter a word.
Galib

I have always uderestimated and dismissed eastern romanticists and punjabi/urdu poets...hope one day to have a closer look...clearly ive been missing out.

c h e e r s

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM