• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

My Experiences With Sukha

Mar 26, 2006
My Experiences with Sukha

Come Holi and i use to be glad i would have Sukha till my conciousness would be lost and a strange feeling as if i was in the deep sea would then force me to sleep. I begin my career as web designer and work overload started eating into my health. I started consuming Sukha 'off season' to get sound sleep. The dosage increased from one 'goli' to four. The local paan vendor who supplied me the 'stuff' warned me that i was becoming a 'bhangeri' and I should now quit it. I realised this and then started to get in the control 'mode'. I could easily overcome the somewhat of an urge.

I would like to share with you the experience i was having while consuming. The beginning would be a heavy feeling in the head and if the 'dose' was a strong one, the eyes use to just be like in a 'capture mode'. If i looked at something my gaze would get stuck and I had to realise it had been long. I had to make myself lie down and get into deep sleep since staying awake was frightening. I started 'practicing' to meditate in that condition..The 'OHM' utterences would take me 'high' up as if I were in a elevator gushing with demonic speed to the 40th floor.

Thrice I had worst experiences. The first one was on 31st December 2005. I had taken a small dose and wanted to fall asleep since I had kept away from the celebrations of New Year eve. I had just fallen in the bed when some loud music started. This was from the guys in my neighborhood who were playing 'trance' at 10,000 watts and woofers thumping. This started getting into my head. I became restless and in a few mins i was hallucinating. I could see pschedelic neon lights moving in a zig zag motion to the tune of that hard music. I was in a state where neither could I sleep nor could I keep my eyes open. This went on till 7:00am in the morning. I finally managed to doze off.

The second was when we had gone for a picnic with my in - laws. I was in Madhya Pradesh where Sukha (bhaang) is legally sold. I came across a shop and was tempted. After lunch I sneaked out telling my in- laws I would just go for a stroll and be back. I reached the shop and asked him to make a mild one. This was a very good variation with rose flavor. I gulped down a glass. It was time to leave and I got into the vehicle and to my bad luck had my father in law was sitting next to me. I could barely keep my eyes open. He is very talkative and went on and on. Suddenly he asked me my opinion about the people who were his relatives and I had visited them during this picnic while he was busy with some other meeting. I was 'LOST' !!! I was going through all the sectors of my brain's disk and it seemed to be affected by 'bad' sectors. I couldnt recollect and it showed on my face I was trying to think. My wife prompted ' Dont you remember we were there an hour back'. For me this was like ages ago. I had lost track of time. My father in law was kind enough to cover me ' Let him recollect' unaware of the stuff in my belly. I dozed off for an hour and woke up hungry like wolf to consume all that was in my way.

The third experience was horrible. My wife still feels it should be horrible enough in my memory to keep me off my once - in a year Sukha quota. One saturday evening I had gone to the market and passed by a Sukha selling shop. I promised myself a very low dose just to keep me jolly. The vendor there asked me how much should he put. I told him one 'goli' . He made a strange concoction of yoghurt , orange like lemons and Sukha which he filtered through a cloth. I had that strange stuff although dint like the taste, however for the sake of it just gulped down. In 10 mins I was like, I barely could walk steady and the cold wind was adding to it. I rushed home and lay down, not wanting to go to sleep. My wife would be coming and if I had latched the door she had no keys to open it. This kept me awake and I tried various experiments. I had heard that sour tasting food stuff could ward off the effects. I cut open 2 lemons and squeezed the citric juice directly. It had no effect. I then decided to have 'Triphala' powder, this was a laxative and was like sour and bitter. I directly had it thinking it would make me bring up. Nothing happened. I just lay down and called my wife to rush up and come home. After she came I told her to postpone the visit to a food fair we were suppose to go for a couple of hours. I was mumbling 'this is the last time ' and I just went into deep slumber.

I woke in an hour and managed to go. I consumed fizzy drinks to bring the effect down. This only aggravated it. I had to leave for home hurriedly since i could barely stand. I finally reached home and dozed off.

The next morning I woke up and my wife asked me 'Promise me NO SUKHA ..You were mumbling it while under influence'. I promised ' NO SUKHA' and added slowly 'Never when we have to go out.. the cool air is the culprit' ;)

I have managed to keep the resolution 'NO SUKHA' and its been 4 months.

Jun 1, 2008
Sat Shri Akal,:D

Intoxicants are like that only once you start consuming them and develop a habit you cannot live without them although i have not experienced it for my self i have seen many of my college mates who cannot live without smoking after every lecture and drinking after the college is over. All this is not good. Although i always had thought that Sikhs are not indulged in all such activities but i was shocked when i saw a number of Sikhs actually consuming all that stuff. i really gave them a different kind of look and some of them when noticed me stopped in the half way bcz they knew it is not good for a Sikh to do it.
let us strive hard not to consume any kind of intoxicant what so ever.

~~sainty~~
~wald Guru Nanak~~

Mar 26, 2006
you are right...Veerji...I was never in a habit ..use to take it for the sake ..but then it was affecting a lot of things while i would get 'high' ..I wanted to share this ..since a lot us get into one thing or the other not knowing the effects...Had i continued it ..I would have affected my brain cells.

My main attraction to it is that i wanted to experience why the Nihang warriors take it and are able to fight ferociously...I understand that it doesnt let one realize pain.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: