• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

My Awakeing

Sep 14, 2007
Sat Sri Akal
Most sikh Punjabi think Sikh is a culture. Most of them go to Gurudwara Sahib just to be there because it makes them feel good and for social things. Some don't even go inside in front of the Guru but rather just go to "langer hall". I have observed only elders, more than 40 will stay all the way till the end of Shabad Gurbani and most people only spend about 10 minutes inside. I know most people are in hurry because they have other things to do. We are living on the fast lane. I know my self is same way. I work about 10 hours everyday, that's everyday for the past 3 years. I am talking about people who came here within last 20 years or so. They are so buy including me building their empires that they might loose everything one day. What i mean is that they might loose their kids to the American cultures it their is not strong values to begin with.
My awakening came about a week ago when i tuned to sikhnet and started checking out things. I did not know anything about Singh Sahiv. I was very impressed by his lectures and very much moved by his knowledge. He was a great man. We need people like him in every Gurudwara so they can inspire people. We need more intellectual people in Gurudwaras. The other thing is we (living abroad) have not done much for the people back home. We should have big charities, free schools, health clinics ETC. Many Sikh are going to other religions like Christianity and Catholics because they provide all these things for their people. I want to be different than my parents were to us. They never encouraged us to go to gurudwara or wear a turben and be a Sikh. My mom was illiterate and dad all he believed in was his work and that was all. He is still this way. We have been here for 17 years. I will teach my kids, have a one year and 4 year, what my parents did not teach me. Young one will be a Sikh for sure. We are not going to cut his hair. My elder one is mentally challenged, he has PWS syndrome so it will be hard for him to be a Sikh but at least it Will be a start for me. Like i said i was inspired by Yogis lectures in Punjabi back from the late 70's. I would like to know your input please. We have big land back home about 50 acres and nice house. No one lives there but i am already thinking about converting to a free schools for the people of my village the the ones cannot afford. It will be a Sikh school and all students will be Sikh no matter what cast they are but they will have to become Sikh. I would start with small kids under 5. It will be to the standers of America. It is a dream now but with Guru ji kirpa everything is possible. I will do what ever i could do but i will have to get other peoples help. i think we need to set example for our kids to follow. It will not be soon, i would say about 10 years from today. I am only 30 not and my kids aree too small. Plus i need to work hard and earn a lot of money. I would like to hear from simlar interests.

I can read punjabi fine but have not read or write for a long time. I picked up punjabi akhbar but i was having some problem. I like to know how to read Bani. I have problem understanding Bani as it has words in sanskrit and ph{censored}e and others. i could only pick about 30 percent of it. I do not recite any banis in morning or evening. I only recite Satnam Waheguru. I cannot at the present time wake up early. I sleep around 12 and wake around 6. If i don't get enoug sleep i cannot function and get cold sores if don't get atleast 6 hours. I cannot change this time. I have small business and those are my hours. To start with what can i do in the morning and evening.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Get in touch with projectnaad.com
They seem to be doing things in the right direction.

Jun 2, 2007
India
I do not recite any banis in morning or evening. I only recite Satnam Waheguru.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Guru Piarey Sacramento Singh Ji

I think it is enough. One should try to recite Satnam Waheguru with every breath. Baani one can listen from CDs of SGGS too. By reciting the name u will be able to automatically understand Gurbaani without any outer help. Ur inner guide will help u, u may call that ur inner consciousness or good spirits or blessings of Waheguru.

Forgive me please.

Gurvinder

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM