Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

My Answer to Those Who Think Sikhism Is Finished

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by badshah, Feb 6, 2011.

1. badshah

Expand Collapse

May 8, 2010
    This is in response to a muliple lot of threads on this forum about Sikhism dying, silent crying, people running to babas, lots Sikhs, cutting hair etc etc

1. Basically, we cannot expect others to live like "Sikhs" that we have imagined in our heads

2. A lot of us hear about babas and dheras but have any of been or seen them? I guess alot of us in the West have not so we conclude that they are killing our religion. However based on some pictures of the type of people that follow these babas it becomes clear that they are not attracting the best SIkhs, lawyers, doctors, big business men but it appears their appeal is to uneducated villagers. So this type of thing should not impact us

3. To answer all the other questions as I told another Sikh here that you can only help Sikhism by being the best Sikh and then showing people what a Sikh is . Here is an example of one, T P Chopra featured in this video http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/9382745.stm

Its not the quanity that counts its the quality
  2. Loading...

3. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse

Apr 4, 2005
    For political power it is quantity that counts not quality.Once the quantity that decides to finish the quality no one can stop them.Sikhs had superior quality in west Punjab but the boundry line was drawn in favour of muslims and then the quality was languishing in refugee camps
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Seeker9

Seeker9 United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    Cleverness is not wisdom
    SPNer Supporter

May 3, 2010
    Yes, we shouldn't have any expectation of others nor should we judge them. Let us concentrate on getting things right in our own lives

Yes, I have for many years although I would emphasise I have never been a convert to or follower of these paths

Oh dear, ...sorry to say this...but this statement is complete rubbish. May I humbly suggest you go to a few yourself and not just rely on pictures!

Now that is a fine statement! We agree on something!

A laudable notion but I fear the reality is quantity = power, as noted in the previous post
    • Like Like x 1
    #3 Seeker9, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011