• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Muslim Dedicates Son To Guru

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Muslim dedicates son to Sikh guru

Sanjay Sharma, TNN | Oct 25, 2011, 05.42AM IST

NANKANA SAHIB (PAKISTAN): A Muslim family that donated 19,000 acres of land to Guru Nanak before becoming his first disciple outside the Guru's family is prepared to dedicate a two-and-a-half-year-old 20th generation member to the revered Guru.

A 32-year-old high court lawyer Saleem Bhatti, the 19th generation descendent of Rai Dular Bhatti, said, "I am ready to dedicate my son Rai Waheed Bhatti to Babaji". Saleem Bhatti's ancestors had been followers of Guru Nanak, who was born in 1469.

Narrating a miracle in his life, Saleem Bhatti said about 30 years ago, US-based separatist Khalistani leader Ganga Singh Dhillon sought blessings of 'Babaji' as he was childless. The priests told him that his wife would have to carry a child below two years in her arms and pray.

"Caught in this awkward situation, Dhillon approached my father Mohmmed Akram Bhatti who agreed to hand me - then around two years old- to the issueless couple for the purpose of prayers and they were really blessed with a child," said Saleem Bhatti.

"Despite being a Muslim, I spiritually connect with Babaji who has blessed our family for over 500 years." The Bhattis, who were Bhatti Rajputs, migrated from Bikaner in Rajasthan after Alauddin Khilji was routed by the Mughals. Bhattis were loyal to Khilji. Maharaja Ranjit Singh and Bhattis had the same forefathers 12 generations back, Saleem said.

The Bhatti family has been at the forefront comforting Sikhs in Pakistan for generations. Even the troubled times in Punjab did not deter them from entertaining Sikhs.

Saleem Bhatti said the land donated to the Nankana Sahib Gurdwara did not fetch enough money to add to the income of the gurudwara.

The Bhatti family has valuable possessions of Guru Nanak whom Rai Dular Bhatti, the landlord of the area, accepted as his spiritual guru. Guru Nanak's father Kalu Mehta was an accountant with Rai Dular Bhatti.

source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Muslim-dedicates-son-to-Sikh-guru/articleshow/10482256.cms

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM