• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Muslim Converts To Sikhism

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
A comparative Study between Sikhism and Islam reveals,

If a Muslim wants to convert to another religion then the penalty is death.
Hadith, Sahih Bukhari 4.260 Narrated Ikrima,
"Ali burnt some people [hypocrites] and this news reached Ibn Abbas, who said, “Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, ‘Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.’ No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, ‘If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.”"

In Sikhism, there is no punishment for choosing another
faith. People are free select whatever faith they want,
because what matters is the actions that a person commits,
not their religious title. So, Sikhs use their time to
provide community services such as the Langar, or free

kitchen, which serves meals to everyone.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Noble Laureate speaks about Sikhism

Miss Pearl S. Buck, a noble laureate, while giving her comments on the English Translation of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, wrote "I have studied the scripture
of great religions, but I do not find elsewhere the same power of appeal to the heart and mind as I find here in these volumes. They are compact in
spite of their length and are a revelation of the vast reaches of the human heart varying from the most noble concept of God to the recognition and indeed the insistence upon the practical needs of the human body. There is something strangely modern about these scriptures and this puzzled me until I learned they are in fact comparatively modern, compiled as late as 16th century, when explorers were beginning to discover that the globe, upon which we all live, is a single entity divided only by arbitrary lines of our own making. Perhaps this sense of unity is the
source of power I find in these volumes. They speak to the people of any religion or of none. They speak for the human heart and the searching mind."

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Opposition of the Sikhs
Qazi Nur Mohammad, son of Qazi Abdullah, belonged to village Gunjaba in Baluchistan). He was with Nasir Khan of Kalat when the latter joined Ahmed Shah Abdali in his Jihad (Islamic Holy War) against the Sikhs. Qazi Nur Mohammad has written the account of the seventh invasion of Ahmad Shah Abdali. Out of contempt for the Sikhs he calls them
sag which in Persian means dog. However, he has paid the highest tribute to the character of Sikhs of the eighteenth century. A bigoted writer, who had a strong prejudice against Sikhs paying such glowing tribute to their character is a powerful indication of the character of Sikhs. He writes, "Leaving aside their mode of fighting hear you another point in which they excel other fighting people. In no case they would slay a coward or put any obstacle in way of fugitive. They do not plunder the wealth and ornament of women be she be a well to do lady or maidservant. There is no adultery among the dogs nor are these mischievous people given the thieving. Whether a woman young or old they call her 'budhya' an old lady and ask her to get out of the way. The word 'Buddya' in Indian language means an old lady. There is no thief at all among these
dogs nor is there any house breaker born amongst these miscreants. Because they do not make friend with adulterers and house breakers."

Apr 4, 2007
Opposition of the Sikhs
Qazi Nur Mohammad, son of Qazi Abdullah, belonged to village Gunjaba in Baluchistan). He was with Nasir Khan of Kalat when the latter joined Ahmed Shah Abdali in his Jihad (Islamic Holy War) against the Sikhs. Qazi Nur Mohammad has written the account of the seventh invasion of Ahmad Shah Abdali. Out of contempt for the Sikhs he calls them
sag which in Persian means dog. However, he has paid the highest tribute to the character of Sikhs of the eighteenth century. A bigoted writer, who had a strong prejudice against Sikhs paying such glowing tribute to their character is a powerful indication of the character of Sikhs. He writes, "Leaving aside their mode of fighting hear you another point in which they excel other fighting people. In no case they would slay a coward or put any obstacle in way of fugitive. They do not plunder the wealth and ornament of women be she be a well to do lady or maidservant. There is no adultery among the dogs nor are these mischievous people given the thieving. Whether a woman young or old they call her 'budhya' an old lady and ask her to get out of the way. The word 'Buddya' in Indian language means an old lady. There is no thief at all among these
dogs nor is there any house breaker born amongst these miscreants. Because they do not make friend with adulterers and house breakers."

this is very cool to hear. i've also read stories from visiting european missionaries, and later, british traders, and both of them say basically the same thing. all of them hated the Sikhs, but all of them had great respect for the way they followed their Code of Conduct.

(another point for rehat maryada. :D )

futurekaur

SPNer
Sep 10, 2007
North Carolina
is SPN a thread? I'm a bit confused. But I absolutely love the historical quotes. Tributes from your enemies is praise indeed.
I have a book by a European contemporary about Ranjit Singh and I can't wait to read it: Osborne's 'The Court and Camp of Runjeet Singh' JasleenJi can you give me a reference for those books? I'd like to read it and have access to UNC's library.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2008
Kansas & Haiti
this is very cool to hear. i've also read stories from visiting european missionaries, and later, british traders, and both of them say basically the same thing. all of them hated the Sikhs, but all of them had great respect for the way they followed their Code of Conduct.

(another point for rehat maryada. :D )

Hmm... I was just thinking what a wonderful testament it was to Our Guru and the wisdom and principles set forth in the SGGS.

futurekaur

SPNer
Sep 10, 2007
North Carolina
NamJapji;
sorry if I'm being confusing. I didn't understand your quote here:
"The brain-storming Harjas Kaur Khalsa did on SPN really gave me a good awakening. "
where was this discussion? That's what I didn't understand.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

futurekaur

SPNer
Sep 10, 2007
North Carolina
thank you so much NamJapJi for providing the links. I am looking forward to reading them.
The discussions here are excellent, really at the highest level. What a pleasure! A privilege. I shall go now to look at the youtube video.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: