Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!

multiple users

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Hedrick, Jul 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Hedrick

    Hedrick
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Will Access allow multiple users to input data at the same time?
     
  2. Loading...


  3. Jerry Whittle

    Jerry Whittle
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Yes. The "limit" is 255 users but 25 is more like it.
    --
    Jerry Whittle
    Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder.


    "Hedrick" wrote:

    > Will Access allow multiple users to input data at the same time?
     
  4. Hedrick

    Hedrick
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Thanks Jerry, I was just reading from another post that databases need to
    be split in to frontend and backends. Do you know anything about this?
    Sounds like I need to read up on this issue.


    "Jerry Whittle" wrote:

    > Yes. The "limit" is 255 users but 25 is more like it.
    > --
    > Jerry Whittle
    > Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder.
    >
    >
    > "Hedrick" wrote:
    >
    > > Will Access allow multiple users to input data at the same time?
     
  5. Douglas J Steele

    Douglas J Steele
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Tony Toews has information about this topic at
    http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/splitapp/index.htm

    --
    Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
    http://I.Am/DougSteele
    (no e-mails, please!)


    "Hedrick" <Hedrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:2974BFF8-621E-4FC1-AADD-CFF8FAF5E4E8@microsoft.com...
    > Thanks Jerry, I was just reading from another post that databases need

    to
    > be split in to frontend and backends. Do you know anything about this?
    > Sounds like I need to read up on this issue.
    >
    >
    > "Jerry Whittle" wrote:
    >
    > > Yes. The "limit" is 255 users but 25 is more like it.
    > > --
    > > Jerry Whittle
    > > Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder.
    > >
    > >
    > > "Hedrick" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Will Access allow multiple users to input data at the same time?
     
  6. Joseph Meehan

    Joseph Meehan
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Hedrick wrote:
    > Thanks Jerry, I was just reading from another post that databases
    > need to be split in to frontend and backends. Do you know anything
    > about this? Sounds like I need to read up on this issue.
    >


    Should be split. I may work if not split, but it is a very good idea to
    split the database to avoid problems.


    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
     
  7. Joseph Meehan

    Joseph Meehan
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Joseph Meehan wrote:
    > Hedrick wrote:
    >> Thanks Jerry, I was just reading from another post that databases
    >> need to be split in to frontend and backends. Do you know anything
    >> about this? Sounds like I need to read up on this issue.
    >>

    >
    > Should be split. I may work if not split, but it is a very good
    > idea to split the database to avoid problems.


    I should add that when editing records there can be some toes stepped
    on. There are ways to reduce that problem as well.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
     

Share This Page