Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Multiple Sort

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by KB, Jul 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. KB

KB
    Expand Collapse

I cant believe I dont remember this, but in a query, I set up a date column
    that is date sensative. So when you click on the report using that query, it
    asks for a beginning date and an end date, and only shows the info from the
    table within the dates specified. Now I want to limit it more. When someone
    enters the date range they want, I only want the report to display the
    criteria within the dates, but also only those that have "Pending" in another
    column.
    When I try to enter "pending" in the criteria column, it desregards the date
    sensativity, and lists all pending.

2. Loading...

3. KARL DEWEY

KARL DEWEY
    Expand Collapse

Post your SQL.

"KB" wrote:

> I cant believe I dont remember this, but in a query, I set up a date column
    > that is date sensative. So when you click on the report using that query, it
    > asks for a beginning date and an end date, and only shows the info from the
    > table within the dates specified. Now I want to limit it more. When someone
    > enters the date range they want, I only want the report to display the
    > criteria within the dates, but also only those that have "Pending" in another
    > column.
    > When I try to enter "pending" in the criteria column, it desregards the date
    > sensativity, and lists all pending.

4. Adnan

Adnan
    Expand Collapse

Go to Query design view, then enter “pending†on criteria under whatever
    column this criteria may be.
    --
    Please post all your inquiries on this community so we can all benefit -
    Thank you!

"KB" wrote:

> I cant believe I dont remember this, but in a query, I set up a date column
    > that is date sensative. So when you click on the report using that query, it
    > asks for a beginning date and an end date, and only shows the info from the
    > table within the dates specified. Now I want to limit it more. When someone
    > enters the date range they want, I only want the report to display the
    > criteria within the dates, but also only those that have "Pending" in another
    > column.
    > When I try to enter "pending" in the criteria column, it desregards the date
    > sensativity, and lists all pending.

5. KB

KB
    Expand Collapse

I tried that, it doesnt know if it should sort by dates or by status
    (pending). I need to set the priority. I want to show only those entries that
    pending withing the dates I specified when originally opening the report.
    When I put "pending" for a criteris in the status column, it disregards that
    I only wanted entries within a certain time frame.

"Adnan" wrote:

> Go to Query design view, then enter “pending†on criteria under whatever
    > column this criteria may be.
    > --
    > Please post all your inquiries on this community so we can all benefit -
    > Thank you!
    >
    >
    > "KB" wrote:
    >
    > > I cant believe I dont remember this, but in a query, I set up a date column
    > > that is date sensative. So when you click on the report using that query, it
    > > asks for a beginning date and an end date, and only shows the info from the
    > > table within the dates specified. Now I want to limit it more. When someone
    > > enters the date range they want, I only want the report to display the
    > > criteria within the dates, but also only those that have "Pending" in another
    > > column.
    > > When I try to enter "pending" in the criteria column, it desregards the date
    > > sensativity, and lists all pending.