Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Canada Mother and uncle of Jassi Sidhu arrested

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by Archived_Member16, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Archived_Member16

Archived_Member16
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

Mother and uncle of Jassi Sidhu arrested

VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980)
    James Lewis | Email news tips to james.lewis@corusent.com
    1/6/2012

[​IMG]

11 years after her murder in India, the mother and uncle of Maple Ridge Beautician Jassi Sidhu have been arrested by the RCMP.

The story dates back to June of 2000 when the 25 year old married an Indian rickshaw driver, supposedly against the wishes of her family.

She was found brutally murdered in a canal, with her husband badly injured.

Since the murder, 7 people in India have been convicted for charges ranging from murder and conspiracy to commit, but Indian police have always believed the death was ordered from Sidhu's family here in Canada.

Now, her 63 year old mother and 67 year old uncle have been arrested, and are currently being held pending an extradition hearing.

Police say the arrests culminate an exhaustive 11 year operation, but are offering no further comment.

source:
    http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLocal/Story.aspx?ID=1635859

Further info:
    THE MURDERED BRIDE:
    http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/murderedbride/

• Like Like x 4
    #1 Archived_Member16, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. Loading...