Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Most People Wearing Turbans Aren't Muslims

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Ishna, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

So my workplace was having a casual Christmas lunch today.

My colleague was saying how she and her son have a similar sense of humour, and are prone to fits of laughter together.

Her son has a joke about a business he'd like to open, with a title that rhymes with 'Allah Akbar'.

One day, after talking about this joke, my colleague and her son got into a taxi. My colleague said to our co-workers at the Christmas lunch:

"So we got into a taxi with a Muslim driver wearing a turban and we both just cracked up laughing." (They laughed due to the fun they'd been having about the son's business name idea, not at sardar ji or his turban, mind you.)

So I said, "He was most likely a Sikh, not a Muslim, since it's usually Sikhs who wear turbans." A co-worker agreed with me.

It felt a bit like I rained on her parade during lunch, because it made her joke a little anti-climactic, but people need to know! This mistake is what gets Sikhs killed!

:rallyangrykaur:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Loading...