• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Pacific Miraculous Sign At Sikh Temple, Or . Is It Another Sign Of Sikh Gullibility With Miracles?

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Here's a volcano we can worship! Remnants of the snow last year left a sardar snowface :redturban::meditation:

Attachments

• sardar snowface crop ;).jpg
    sardar snowface crop ;).jpg
    25.7 KB · Reads: 206

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Gullability ofcourse

It refreshing to finally agree with most of you guys :p

@ Mai Harinder Kaur

I want to believe that your bit about "caffeine must be avoided because its an intoxicant" was just a funny little remark that shows how not to take your religion too seriously. But i seriously doubt that caffeine was on the guru's mind when they suggested intoxicants shouldnt be allowed. Having said that, caffeine is more dangerous and kills more people annually then maryjauna, psylocibin (mushrooms), and lsd combined! (combined, lsd, weed and mushrooms account for 0 deaths annually though :p). So perhaps your right, it would have been more beneficial to avoid caffeine :p

I was a light-hearted comment, but there is a lot of truth in it.

Our Gurus were/are very wise. Let me tell you about my experience with caffeine. At one time I had a high stress office job. All day I drank coffee continuously. After a time, I realised that it could not be good for me to drink so much. And so I quit.

It was pure h*ll. The headache was the worst I ever had. (And I have had bad headaches.) I actually went to a doctor who advised me to "taper off," just like a badly addicted alcoholic quitting drinking. I did manage to get through it and have not allowed myself to get in that condition again.

Since then, I drink decaffeinated coffee and tea. I avoid cola and other soft drinks with caffeine. I do not drink "sports" or "energy" drinks with caffeine. I do eat some chocolate, but carefully.

So...is there a rule for Khalsa about caffeine? I don't think so. I do think, however, that it is only good sense to avoid anything that weakens us.

Caspian

SPNer
Mar 7, 2008
@ Findingmyway

There is some cool arguments that actually suggest that the christian god WAS A VOLCANO!

YouTube - Was God a Volcano?

@ MaiHarinderKaur

and yeahhh, caffeine can do horrible things for you. Im going to attach an image from a study that looked at drugs and tried to demonstrate which drugs are the most harmful. I was actually surprised to see how dangerous caffeine is. They determines "dangerous" drugs by comparing their addictiveness (y scale) with their potential lethality (x scale). Theres also a recent study that implicated the combination of caffeine + high fat foods in causing major heart-related health problems. And seeing as the indian diet consists mainly of caffeine (cha) and high fat foods (jalebi + everything really lol) its no wonder why the heart disease effects us so much

Drug_danger_and_dependence.png

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
SPN Forum members

I want to get back to an earlier incident in which a foul email message was sent to Chaan Pardesi ji. The email content, which had been posted, was removed because of its explicit hatred and sexual content. Because nothing in it referred to specifics of this thread or Veer Pardesi's opinion, I can only conclude that it was written by someone who has an anger management problem, and is probably mentally unbalanced. These incidents should not be taken lightly. No one should brush this off as God's will, or look for a corner of sehaj where it can be ignored, which is nothing more than denial of the truth. Such an email is a crime, on the books, in most legal jurisdictions. Such an email can and should be the subject of prosecution. If the sender were a member of SPN using our private message system we would immediately report it to the legal authorities in the locale of the sender. As things stand, all SPN can do is express its concern for Chaan Pardesi ji, and be as helpful as possible should he decide to report the incident.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Not only can you worship it, but you can show your faith by throwing in a virgin every now and then to demonstrate your sincerity.
spnadmin ji don't you think this thread has kind of run its course or the rumala thing still going on in Malaysia?

May be one of the Malaysian spner's can confirm the latest.

Otherwise there are untold videos and stories to be brought to bear on the thread from all religions and misguided amongst those to bring some sense to this insanity.

Sat Sri Akal.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ambarsaria ji

I cannot answer your immediate question. I will say this. The story is viral on facebook, where in my opinion an unbelievable number of people truly believe that there is sanctity in what happened to SGGS via an unexpected shower.

Let's leave it alone for a few more days.

Chaan Pardesi

Writer
SPNer
Oct 4, 2008
London & Kuala Lumpur
Name changes, deletions and edits on this page are by spnadmin and are related to names and email addresses of various individuals.

Dear All, Going back to the abusive post I received, which was thought to have originated as a result of a thread I posted on this forum has turned out to be not connected to this forum directly, but at the last source, with the start of the abusive mails.

many years back , in fact in about 2004, I was a memebr of a tapobaan Phorum.As usual debates used to take place there. Someone called X Sing X took an exception to my view that Sikhs should adhere to the law of this country and taking sensible steps to ensure the community was safeguard instead of shouting anti government slogans at every opportunity.Along came an issue about Sarika Singh and her bangle.

In the course of that debate this individual seeing he could not respond sensibly started a virle tired against the Gore, the choli chok of goras, as he regarded me to be one of those for advising him to follow the rules of the land.
he starte dthe same vile language he has used in his message to which a number of times I requested him to discuss sensibly, but he continued with his infected speech.

However, it also appears the tapobaan moderators were in favour extremist views supported him and started putting out thread purported to be from me.I objected to this and challenegd that they stop his vile language and stop putting out false messages using my name and ID.But instead they continued to allow this individual, but witheld my messages.As a result I left the forum.However it appears this man continued to post messages using my name and claiming I used another id to send abusive messages to him.This I did not know at that time as seeing childish arguments I left.

Giani Jarnail SingH Ji was also there , probably remembers this episode and the person called X Sing X from Birmingham.This X Singh X has been since 2005/4 trailing me collecting information about me and has started these messages.A number more have arrived, one with an old photo super imposed with sexual objects etc.He thinks it is funny!However a police report was made today and at once they identified the source to this person and the name.I will hand out all the messages sent tomorrow to police.

I am appalled that there are so many countless petty minded Sikhs who dream of Khalistan,but sadly, I dont think with such sad lowlife characters khalistan will ever be a reallity.

I will be pushing for prosecution against this indivudaul;without any doubt at all.

email address removed ; so he had also posted as XX Singh.

Gurfateh

GSKulim

Last edited by a moderator:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Chaan Pardesi ji thanks for the update.

You have done the right thing and your actions/plan going forward are responsible.

Good luck and remember that you are with friends here at SPN. There may be differences of opinion but that is all healthy. Without differences and points of views there is no need for a forum. We learn more from differences than agreements.

Continue with your great posts.

Sat Sri Akal.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Chaan Pardesi ji

It is good to hear you have clarified the source of those troubling email messages. It is also a great thing that the police were on top of this case and could cooperate with you, based on information that you had organized and ready to use

Mar 4, 2006
Oklahoma, USA
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I like this article. I also believe that all things are miracles, and as well my life as a Sikh is the best miracle of all! If I saw the Khanda, I would think of it as a sign from Siri Guru Gobind Singh ji. It would make me feel like Guru Ji was watching and smiling on his children! I don't think it needs to be worshipped or conserved. Just accept it, smile, feel good and let it go.
I am a wildlife rehabilitator. I often care for injured and orphaned hawks and falcons. To me each one is a sign from Guru Ji that he is trusting me to care for his beloved birds. When I am able to release them I know he approves. I feel that he is very close to me at those times. I too accept these creatures, care for them, and let them go.
We can appreciate these things without wanting to hold on to them and becoming superstitious about them.
And as there are scientific explanations for all so called miracles, it doesn't make them any less cool!

Guru Fateh!peacesignkaur

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
For any miracle to be worthy..it has to be alive...esp a "Sikh" one...
A small kid in winter standing outside a shoe store watching the shoes on display intently was observed by a passing lady. She approached him and asked him,,MY my..how intently you are looking inside the store ?? OH i am asking GOD to buy me that nice pair of red shoes..The lady took him by the hand, entered the store and asked the clerk to bring six pairs of socks and also show them the bathroom. She then took the boy to the back of the store, washed his feet in the bath, dried them up and put one pair of socks on his feet and packed the rest for him. Then she went ahead and asked the clerk to bring the red shoes for the boy. As they walked out and the lady turned to say good bye..the little kid looked up at her and said.."Are you God's WIFE ??

THAT is a Miracle...i mean imagine meeting GOD's WIFE !! One just cannot meet God's wife just like that..it needs a MIRACLE. SIKHS need this kind of miracle...every SIKH should endeavour to come across a GOD's WIFE...daily...to the hundreds of thousands of such GAREEBS in our neighbourhood !! Guur Gobind Singh ji praises the GAREEBS for His Patshahi..I ma a KING solely due to these Greebs...otherwise there are many thousands like ME on this planet who coem and go...if Guur Ji cna be so demonstrative and show us what is a MIRACLE..we still look at "LIFELESS STAINS"....and call those miracles..no wonder then that the SOAP MANUFACTURERS also call their STAIN REMOVER POWDER..MIRACLE CLEANERS !!! If the stain is amiracle..the stain remover powder is also one...go worship the soap !!...more..becasue the SOAP can cause the STAN to DISAPPEAR thats why !!:tablakudi::tablakudi::tablakudi::tablakudi::tablakudi:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Wahe Guru's signs are every where, for everyone to see. Sat Nam Wahe Guru.

Simran Karle Mann Mere,
Paap Kattange Sabh Tere.
Jeewan Apna Safala Karle,
Amrit Vele Sawere,
Prema Bhagti Tere Ander,
Naam Sunee Har Jas Karrey

I can remember the last line of this poem.

Jan 17, 2010
Guru ji was strictly against performing any kind of miracles done for self glorification. It is very unfortunate that our people are promoting such incidents. It is a really shameful day for our religion.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
SAT SRI AKAAL,

REALISE AND EXPERIENCE AS A "MATTER" GURU'S BANI

UNDERSTAND DISILLUSION "MAYA"

ALSO "MAYA" ARE HUMAN EMOTIONS FIVE POSITIVE AND FIVE NEGATIVE

"HUMAN SENSES"

READ AND UNDERSTAND,

ALL OF US ARE INFLUENCED BY MAYA,

IT IS CREATION OF GOD, ALL POWERFULL

SO DON'T COMMENT OR CALL PEOPLE FOOLS,

EVERY ONE GET'S FOOLED

READ GURBANI, AND PRAY FOR UPLIFTMENT OF "SIKHS"

GURU'S BANI PROTECT

tarai gun maa-i-aa moh hai gurmukh cha-uthaa pad paa-ay.
The three qualities hold people in attachment to Maya. The Gurmukh attains the fourth state of higher consciousness.
ih sareer maa-i-aa kaa putlaa vich ha-umai dustee paa-ee.
This body is the puppet of Maya. The evil of egotism is within it.
otai saath manukh hai faathaa maa-i-aa jaal.
Mankind is also with them, trapped in the net of Maya.
maa-i-aa jaal pasaari-aa bheetar chog banaa-ay.
Maya has spread out her net, and in it, she has placed the bait.

gurh mithaa maa-i-aa pasri-aa manmukh lag maakhee pachai pachaa-ay. ||1||
Maya spreads out like sweet molasses; the self-willed manmukh is stuck like a fly, rotting away. ||1||
baabaa maa-i-aa bharam bhulaa-ay.
O Baba, Maya deceives with its illusion.
OFF COURSE THEY ARE ALSO "SIKH" BROTHER AND SISTERS

"LEARNER'S"

SOME HAVE ATTAINED A BIT,

OTHER'S HAVE YET TO ATTAIN

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA,
WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Another aspect that Sikhism/Gurmatt DIFFERS from the others is that Guru nanak ji says..Keeta pasao EKO KAWAO......The Creator CREATED.........and the CREATION CONTINUES.....( evolving )...Changing...improving...according to HIS HUKM.

The others say..He had the WORD..and created...He said "one word" and it was created. Meaning everything was created instantenously...and that conflicts with evolution...change....improvements etc...

so while the others may have miracles and may need them to affirm the power of their god/s..we DONT need to affrim naything..foir us THE CREATOR is supreme,..then, now and always.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM