• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Mere Sikhi

Aug 6, 2006
Mai Harinder Kaur Ji
SSA
Very wel said. At ang number 305 of SGGS ji, Sri Guru Ramdas ji, while defining the true sikh, has kept the Naam as very first and "a must have" factor of a true sikh. Let me put it in this way that, defination and the duties of a true sikh as finely detailed in SGGS ji ( without any Add-ons or SRMs) is the mere sikhi, The Naam being the most important and must have factor of it.
Roop Sidhu

gurbanicd

SPNer
Oct 26, 2009
1. Ang 601 Line 18 Raag Sorath: Guru Amar Das
ਸੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਸਖਾ ਬੰਧਪੁ ਹੈ ਭਾਈ ਜਿ ਗੁਰ ਕੇ ਭਾਣੇ ਵਿਚਿ ਆਵੈ ॥
so sikh sakhaa bandhhap hai bhaaee j gur kae bhaanae vich aavai ||
सो सिखु सखा बंधपु है भाई जि गुर के भाणे विचि आवै ॥
He alone is a Sikh, a friend, a relative and a sibling, who walks in the Way of the Guru's WilL

what is naam?

the complete defination of NAAM has been explained by bhai sahib bhai veer singh in his book "GURMAT NAAM".It is a very small book.

gurfatehji

Aug 6, 2006
SSA,
Naam is name of god.The Naam is the practice of remembering the god.
Naam is a word or words used to practice worshiping or remembering the God.
Some people belive that Naam is a word which remits a specific frequency when recited and that frequency matches with the frequency of Anhat naad. When the both frequencies matches it connects us with the God Al Mighty.
Roopsidhu

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Dear gurbanicd,

I can not get that book GURMAT NAAM

Can you please tell us what is that word (naam ) that we have to reist to get murged into GOD?

gurbanicd

SPNer
Oct 26, 2009
Dear gurbanicd,

I can not get that book GURMAT NAAM

Can you please tell us what is that word (naam ) that we have to reist to get murged into GOD?

According to the blessed soul of Bhai veer singh ji All our effort to move to god including recitation of gurmantar WAHEGURU (as guided by gurugranth sahib ji) is naam .
From our first effort to continuous flow of love from god is NAAM.
our efforts include "Sift salah" sadh sangat, gurbani vichar,satsangat,etc.

The gurmat naam book for appx Rs 15 in India.

bhula chukan di khima

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
According to the blessed soul of Bhai veer singh ji All our effort to move to god including recitation of gurmantar WAHEGURU (as guided by gurugranth sahib ji) is naam . From our first effort to continuous flow of love from god is NAAM. Our efforts include "Sift salah" sadh sangat, gurbani vichar,satsangat,etc.

The gurmat naam book for appx Rs 15 in India.

bhula chukan di khima

Gurbanicd,

Thanks for that. I could not find any vers sloke in Granth that says waheguru is the naam we should recite. Only the bhatts recited it 5 times in the granth. No guru I know ever used waheguru in any of their bani. Nanak said it many times to recite the naam but he never told what naam.

I would be very thankful if you can tell me in which sloke in the granth we r told to recite waheguru?

This is for my information I am not trying to pick argument with you or any one else.

Seeker3k

gurbanicd

SPNer
Oct 26, 2009
Gurbanicd,

Thanks for that. I could not find any vers sloke in Granth that says waheguru is the naam we should recite. Only the bhatts recited it 5 times in the granth. No guru I know ever used waheguru in any of their bani. Nanak said it many times to recite the naam but he never told what naam.

I would be very thankful if you can tell me in which sloke in the granth we r told to recite waheguru?

This is for my information I am not trying to pick argument with you or any one else.

Seeker3k

Bhai Gurdaas Ji ‘re-emphasises’ Guru Nanak Sahib Ji’s Mantar, which he blessed the Sikhs with. The Mantar, which is recorded in Gurbani and also bestowed upon Sikhs by the Panj Piaare:

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਹੈ ਜਪ ਹਉਮੈਂ ਖੋਈ ॥ ਆਪ ਗਵਾਏ ਆਪ ਹੈ ਗੁਣ ਗੁਣੀ ਪਰੋਈ ॥13

"The Gurmantar is "Vaheguru", through reciting which erases egotism. Losing egotism and merging into the qualities of the supreme Lord, he himself becomes full of qualities.

1. Ang 1006 Line 19 Raag Maaroo: Guru Arjan Dev
ਚਲਤ ਬੈਸਤ ਸੋਵਤ ਜਾਗਤ ਗੁਰ ਮੰਤ੍ਰੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਚਿਤਾਰਿ ॥
chalath baisath sovath jaagath gur manthra ridhai chithaar ||
चलत बैसत सोवत जागत गुर मंत्रु रिदै चितारि ॥
While walking and sitting, sleeping and waking, contemplate within your heart the GurMantra.

hari, ram, rab, allah are different kirtam names of god and all are respectful. but to recite only gurmantar(WAHEGURU) is to be recited. the mantar which has been provided to us by our guru and in our case it is through PANJ PIARAS.

we should not use adjectives like "satnam waheguru" or ek onkar waheguru (in general)while reciting waheguru.FOR COMPLETE DETAILS YOU CAN READ SIMRAN BOOK NO 111 BY KHOJI JI OF DODRA SANGAT AVAILABLE FOR Rs 1 in india and other countries also usa and canada etc.

BHULAN CHUKAN DI KHIMA

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
MY question was where in SGGS we been told to recite whaeguru as manter. I am not concern about bhi Gurdas. We should take the guidence from SGGS not from any one else

So do you think Bhi Gurdas is better the all the guru?

I am in India now so t can take long time for me to reply. Sorry about that

gurbanicd

SPNer
Oct 26, 2009
MY question was where in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji we been told to recite whaeguru as manter. I am not concern about bhi Gurdas. We should take the guidence from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji not from any one else

So do you think Bhi Gurdas is better the all the guru?

I am in India now so t can take long time for me to reply. Sorry about that

1. Ang 142 Line 7 Raag Maajh: Guru Nanak Dev
ਕਲਹਿ ਬੁਰੀ ਸੰਸਾਰਿ ਵਾਦੇ ਖਪੀਐ ॥
kalehi buree sansaar vaadhae khapeeai ||
कलहि बुरी संसारि वादे खपीऐ ॥
The strife of this world is evil; these struggles are consuming it.

bhulan chukan di khima

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
SSA,
Naam is name of god.The Naam is the practice of remembering the god.
Naam is a word or words used to practice worshiping or remembering the God.
Some people belive that Naam is a word which remits a specific frequency when recited and that frequency matches with the frequency of Anhat naad. When the both frequencies matches it connects us with the God Al Mighty.
Roopsidhu

Lets look at one example:

If few men sitting in a group and calls one name to see if he is there in that group. But there is no one of that name in the group. No one answer to the call.

How can we be sure that God will reply if we keep calling whaheguru?

You have to call the right name of God to listen and reply to you

Aug 6, 2006
SSA,
Seeker3k ji,
Its believed that when we practice Naam, accoustic resonance takes place. Practicing the The True Naam (right name as you have stated) generates the resonance with the Anahat. Its the pratice of Naam which takes us to the beta-state-of mind. i:e Mannan ( sanskrit word meaning beta state of mind.)
I m sorry its very difficult to describe it in words.One must practice the Naam simran to realise the exact state of it.
Any how this is just my opinion, based upon the writings and discussions of scholers like you. We all are curious about it and are trying to learn more from these discussions, so am I.
Roopsidhu

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: