Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!

Menus overwritten "bluetooth device not found"

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Karl3200, Nov 12, 2005.

  1. Karl3200

    Karl3200
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    I distribute an Access 2000 mde file.

    On some customers computers, my custom menus are overwritten. On a menu with
    several choices, my choices are replaced with a single "Other....." and when
    this is clicked, a message pops up and says "bluetooth device not found".

    I don't use bluetooth at all in my program.

    Any ideas on how to fix this??
     
  2. Rick Brandt

    Rick Brandt
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Karl3200 wrote:
    > I distribute an Access 2000 mde file.
    >
    > On some customers computers, my custom menus are overwritten. On a
    > menu with several choices, my choices are replaced with a single
    > "Other....." and when this is clicked, a message pops up and says
    > "bluetooth device not found".
    >
    > I don't use bluetooth at all in my program.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to fix this??


    No, but I have seen it and couldn't fix it in that system. It was just as you
    describe, right down to the bluetooth reference in the error. (IBM Thinkpads by
    any chance?)

    It only affected sub-menus on a standard menubar or toolbar (shortcut menus not
    affected) so I ended up just replacing the entire menu with a single button that
    displayed a shortcut menu.

    I actually ended up liking the more "vertical" menu better anyway.

    --
    I don't check the Email account attached
    to this message. Send instead to...
    RBrandt at Hunter dot com
     
  3. Karl3200

    Karl3200
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Rick

    Thanks for the reply.

    What kind of button did you use to display the shortcut menu how did you
    call the shortcut menu?


    "Rick Brandt" wrote:

    > Karl3200 wrote:
    > > I distribute an Access 2000 mde file.
    > >
    > > On some customers computers, my custom menus are overwritten. On a
    > > menu with several choices, my choices are replaced with a single
    > > "Other....." and when this is clicked, a message pops up and says
    > > "bluetooth device not found".
    > >
    > > I don't use bluetooth at all in my program.
    > >
    > > Any ideas on how to fix this??

    >
    > No, but I have seen it and couldn't fix it in that system. It was just as you
    > describe, right down to the bluetooth reference in the error. (IBM Thinkpads by
    > any chance?)
    >
    > It only affected sub-menus on a standard menubar or toolbar (shortcut menus not
    > affected) so I ended up just replacing the entire menu with a single button that
    > displayed a shortcut menu.
    >
    > I actually ended up liking the more "vertical" menu better anyway.
    >
    > --
    > I don't check the Email account attached
    > to this message. Send instead to...
    > RBrandt at Hunter dot com
    >
    >
    >
     
  4. Rick Brandt

    Rick Brandt
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Karl3200 wrote:
    > Rick
    >
    > Thanks for the reply.
    >
    > What kind of button did you use to display the shortcut menu how did
    > you call the shortcut menu?


    Just a standard menu item. In its OnAction I call a custom function
    =ShowMenu() that has the following line of code...

    CommandBars![MyMainMenu].ShowPopup

    --
    I don't check the Email account attached
    to this message. Send instead to...
    RBrandt at Hunter dot com
     

Share This Page