• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Members Welcome To Gvp

NavjeetSingh

SPNer
Jan 1, 2009
Chandigarh
@ To all the members of Sikhism.us .

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh.

It's my humble request to all of you. Just a minute let me first put my part first.

I'm putting up a blog 'Who Are Sikh?'. It's a very young blog and my intention is to put posts ,and others sources that I would be able to create, regarding the Bhagats in Shri Guru Granth Sahib JI. I'm a student at present so it's a big task for me. I would be very helpful if you all members would help me in this work.

All you have to do is - Please if you have any knowledge about any Bhagat like his background, birth dates ,birth place and all other. Also it would be very helpful if you put some Gurbani Lines that these Bhagats have written with their meaning/explanation. If all will I would be able to create some good posts so that the information could be made available to everyone regarding all Bhagats at the same place.

NavjeetSingh

SPNer
Jan 1, 2009
Chandigarh
Re: Bhagats of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Sat shri akal,
oh so it means Bhagat Dhanna ji was not an idol worshiper. people some times convert personal opinions into facts.:yes: tahnk you namjap ji;)

Waheguru Ji

I'm unable to figure what you think of Bhagat Dhana Ji at the moment. But just to clear the air I would like to put forth some points.

1. He worshiped the idol but he was not an idol worshiper. Let me clear this. He worshiped or started worshiping the stone (it was not a particular idol, but a stone) because a Brahmin told him that God will give appear out from the LINGUM (a special kind of stone which depicts Lord Shiva). Dhana also wanted to see God but the brahmin didn't allow Dhana to touch the LINGUM so Dhana picked up a stone and said -"If your God will appear from that stone than the same God will appear from this stone too." So he began to worship the stone or idol. Whatever you call it.

2. Whatever he did -praying before the idol or putting it in water. It was all because he was asked to do so by the people of his village. It was so because Dhana said , "My God has appeared out from the stone. But the villagers didn't believe it. So they asked Dhana to do all those rituals and also asked him to prove it.

I will very soon write complete life story of Bhagat Dhana. For the time being I think this much will help you to make your mind clearer about Bhagat Dhana Ji.

You can read the Arta that was composed by Bhagat Dhana Ji and is a part of Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Pyare Navjeet Singh Ji,

Welcome to GVP (Gurbani Vichaar Project). Your post as above refreshes some points which were earlier discussed by members. If you're interested, read post #46 and respond.

NavjeetSingh

SPNer
Jan 1, 2009
Chandigarh

Respected namjap Ji

Although I'm not clear about what would I have to do but I would definitely like to become a participant in it.
But please do give some details of it via a PM or mail me.

Thanks for showing me the thread.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Navjeet ji

Please also encourage friends to join and participate -- it is very important to have many voices in this kind of learning experience.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Pyari Saadhsangat Jio,

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you in Gurmat Vichaar Project (GVP) and invite you to share your relevant views with your active participation and presence here.

As you go through the two threads:-
Bhagats of SGGS, and
Gurbani comtemplations - Selok Bhagat Kabir Ji

You will notice the discussions are done in a step-by-step method and ebooks used as the syllabus. We are extremely grateful to SGGS Academy Malaysia to provide these valuable online resources that has initiated these discussions in the first place.

You may refresh/update yourself by following the links to the ebooks and then jump in as a participant. As a participant, we all have questions. Please forward your queries so that they may be answered by other members.

Best Regards,

~ namjap ~

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: