• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Yogism Meditation, Why I Do Not Do It. Anymore

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I am indebted to you
I don't appreciate the sarcasm.

Err the whole point of this thread is that I see no point in meditation, why would I want to infect my seva?
Ok let me get this straight.

There was a time you used to meditate, you stopped because you didn't like the high it gave you. You saw no point in doing it. You come to the forums and you hear us. You try it again, the same thing you used to do which gave you a high and you saw no point in doing it, and you get a high and see no point in doing it. And make a thread on it.

These members come along and say to you "explore my way of doing it if your way is not working", "try it like this" "try it like that".

And your response is "I see no point in doing it. This thread is to tell you guys that I see no point in doing it. I have this one way of meditation and it doesn't work for me so I am not going to try anything else. This is what meditation means to me and it sucks. I am not going to do it, you can't make me!"

"Well then don't do it that way, do something else"

"I see no point in doing it. This thread is to tell you guys that I see no point in doing it. I have this one way of meditation and it doesn't work for me so I am not going to try anything else. This is what the dysfunctional definition of meditation means to me and its dysfunctional! I am not going to do it, you can't make me!"

"Well that's not really meditation, you may call it a very small part of medi..."

"I see no point in doing it. This thread is to tell you guys that I see no point in doing it. I have this one way of meditation and it doesn't work for me so I am not going to try anything else. This is what the dysfunctional definition of meditation means to me and its dysfunctional! I am not going to do it, you can't make me!"

Hmm...

I was gona say something but I'll drop this thread.
I meant that particular thread in our conversation. The one about you and your wife...
Ambarsaria ji gave a good response to that.

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
BhagatSinghji

I see no point in doing it. This thread is to tell you guys that I see no point in doing it. I have this one way of meditation and it doesn't work for me so I am not going to try anything else. This is what the dysfunctional definition of meditation means to me and its dysfunctional! I am not going to do it, you can't make me!

I am going to adopt this as a mantra

lol lol lol lol lol

I do believe this thread is closed as the above sums up excellently my thoughts on the matter, let us all move on

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Namjivan Kaur ji
Excellent posts! I appreciate you coming to SPN and I hope you stay. mundahug

In addition to this, I must say that your contribution is of very high value and order for the topics in hand.
You give very thoughtful and unbiased responses within the true realms of sikhism.

The material given and clearly explained is sometimes more than amazing and very inspiring to me!!!

Keep it up......!!:)peacesign

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Harry ji,
Words like "mumbling" and "sickeningly humble" would offend a lot of spiritual people and it really shows your own lack of ignorance about meditation, simran and humility
You may wish to edit your post and take out the word 'lack' , as unfortunately it is a compliment as it stands

PS-to fix the typo, the sentence as intended should say:

"Words like "mumbling" and "sickeningly humble" would offend a lot of spiritual people and it really shows your own lack of <strike>ignorance</strike> understanding about meditation, simran and humility.

Nam Jiwan kaurhug

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Harry ji,

PS-to fix the typo, the sentence as intended should say:

"Words like "mumbling" and "sickeningly humble" would offend a lot of spiritual people and it really shows your own lack of <strike>ignorance</strike> understanding about meditation, simran and humility.

Nam Jiwan kaurhug

thats ok, I read it as you intended lol kaurhug, its the pedant in me

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I have read your thread, interesting, However, I think the subject needs to be viewed from a different angle in my view,

Searching

SPNer
Aug 8, 2011
Today I was in the Gurdwara with parents and aunt and uncle. It was announced that bhog will be after an hour and half. I was already there for close to an hour.
As soon as I heard the announcement I became restless and wanted to go back home. I just do not have the patience to listen to Kirtan for two and a half hours. Especially when I cannot understand the meaning of most of the things being said.
I asked my parents if we can leave, they replied in a negative. I said ok then here are the car keys, I will go back by a rickshaw and you can come later. When I went back to take my slippers I saw a person doing sewa there. I thought ok, why dont I do the same. So I went to the kitchen and did some sewa there until my family was there to have langar.
As Sikhs both of us did different things yet remained in the realm of Sikhi.

Different people with various inclinations are at different places in their journey. Personally I think I am not a meditation person at this time but maybe later on I will become more inclined to it.
What is most important is to live truthfully.
It is always good if one can move to the next level though.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM