• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Medical Treatment And Islam

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Sat Nam _/|\_

This brings up a question for me. In Sikhism, is there a formal creed/dogma for things like this or is there an element of free will in choosing how Sikhs believe in things like reincarnation/afterlife?

Nam Jiwan :mundabhangra:

Bhenji

There are many differences of opinion regarding

reincarnation
meditation
meat
living gurus
references to Vedicism and Vedic Gods
and so on

All can be lauded or condemned depending on interpretation, so I guess there is an element of free will, Ambarsariaji has started a thread on the very subject, for all Sikhs to celebrate the common rather than obsess about the differences

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
Christ's peace be upon him

Yet live
to God at the age of young people did not die so far

The person who crucified him is one of the disciples of Christ (Jude), who is told about Christ and Wuxi and betrayed by the Romans

And the punishment of Judah
God gave a semi-Jesus peace be upon him Judas the traitor
And so
God saved Jesus peace be upon him, and God raised up to heaven
until the coming to earth again to kill the Antichrist, and then die like any man should die in the end

---Prophet Jesus came to complete the message after the Prophet Moses.
The Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him came to complete the message of Jesus was the true

But now is not located Gospel Jesus
Located is now the founder of the Christian Gospel of Paul distorted

Jesus peace be upon him
Does not have enough time to tell all
For revelation
Due to the ongoing pursuit
So
Tell the disciples of the Prophet after him next

‫الشيخ احمد ديدات يثبت تلاميذ وتابعين المسيح لم ÙŠÙهموه‬‎ - YouTube[/FONT]

-God raised his body and spirit

Such as Muhammad peace be upon him on a trip alisraa and almiraag
Will come down to earth
Governed by Islamic law
And kill the Antichrist and kill the pigs and break the cross

All this is not for Muslims

Because our religion does not require a full increase

God says in the Holy Qur'an
(3) This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion.

But
Will come down to earth

For Christians to guide them to the truth
It Abd Allah and His Messenger
Jesus is not God
nor son

Watch on YouTube
Ahmed Deedat
Why Jesus returns to earth- - YouTube

‫الشيخ احمد ديدات يثبت تلاميذ وتابعين المسيح لم ÙŠÙهموه‬‎ - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHx-1...eature=related

‫أحمد ديدات - الجمعة العظيمة - محاضرة أستراليا‬‎ - YouTube[/FONT]

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
Not all Sikhs believe this, some believe death is the end

My reply:-

Sikhism is not what I or you personally believe. It has its own well accepted philosophy which cannot be twisted, modified and changed.

On incarnation we can find what Guru Arjan Sahib says an Sukhmani Sahib.

Read Shlok 4, Ashtapadi 7 as hereunder:-

E haoon jugat bihane kayi janam Nanak rakh leho apan kar karam.
Nanak says, (oh God), this way the man has passed through many incarnations, bless and save (man) from further birth-death-rebirth circle

Further in Sukhmani Sahib you can read on incarnation:-
Shlok 19, Ashtapadi 4, lines 1 to 8'
" " " 5 " 5 & 6 ,
" 20 " 3 " 5 & 6,
" 23 " 6 " 5, 6 and 9,10,
" 24 " 8 " 3 & 4.
Also in Sohila Bani, Raag Gauhri Poorbhi Mehla 5, Shalok 3, you will find:-
Nji ghar mehal Pawaho Sukh Sehjay bahur nah hoingo phera.3.

In Bara Mah you can read on incarnation:-
Mahj mehla 5,Ghar 4, Shlok 10, last line,
" " " " " 13 line 8.

In Ramkali di war Shlok Mehla 2 as hereunder:-
Tud dithe sachey Patshao Mal Janam Janam Di Katieh,
Im Ram Kali di war Shalok 6 you can read as hereunder:-
Aawaa gawan niwareho,kar nadir Nishan.

If you still do not accept the Sikh philosophy of reincarnation please give you interpretations of the above Gurbani Shloks.
Please no personal attacks. I have given what I understand and you give your view/interpretation.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Death isn't the end,it's the TRUTH
The factor of time,your time stops at death and this body which is like a vehicle just gets totalled or written off.
However, your conscious which doesn't have memory like the brain, carries on living in the moment of 'NOW' as it is not affected by time like the rest of the vehicle.

What happens after ?
Well, we will have to just wait and see!!

Palaingtha ji,those are valuable references from Sukhmani sahib.
Also, at the beginning of sukhmani there is some very good references to simran and it endorses the importance and value.

Remember -Prabh ka simran sab se oocha..

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

Sikhism is not what I or you personally believe. It has its own well accepted philosophy which cannot be twisted, modified and changed.

On incarnation we can find what Guru Arjan Sahib says an Sukhmani Sahib.

Read Shlok 4, Ashtapadi 7 as hereunder:-

Nanak says, (oh God), this way the man has passed through many incarnations, bless and save (man) from further birth-death-rebirth circle

Further in Sukhmani Sahib you can read on incarnation:-
Shlok 19, Ashtapadi 4, lines 1 to 8'
" " " 5 " 5 & 6 ,
" 20 " 3 " 5 & 6,
" 23 " 6 " 5, 6 and 9,10,
" 24 " 8 " 3 & 4.
Also in Sohila Bani, Raag Gauhri Poorbhi Mehla 5, Shalok 3, you will find:-
Nji ghar mehal Pawaho Sukh Sehjay bahur nah hoingo phera.3.

In Bara Mah you can read on incarnation:-
Mahj mehla 5,Ghar 4, Shlok 10, last line,
" " " " " 13 line 8.

In Ramkali di war Shlok Mehla 2 as hereunder:-
Tud dithe sachey Patshao Mal Janam Janam Di Katieh,
Im Ram Kali di war Shalok 6 you can read as hereunder:-
Aawaa gawan niwareho,kar nadir Nishan.

If you still do not accept the Sikh philosophy of reincarnation please give you interpretations of the above Gurbani Shloks.
Please no personal attacks. I have given what I understand and you give your view/interpretation.

this deserves a well thought out reply rather than knee jerk sarcasm, i will reply later today, thank you

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

I disagree, one only has to look at the many variations of Sikhism that exist to see that nothing is well accepted. As a consequence many concepts have been twisted, modified and changed. One can either fight and shout for what one believes in, or accept that each is entitled to their own interpretation of the truth. I accept that you believe in reincarnation and have no wish to change your mind, however to say that this is well accepted Sikh philosophy is incorrect.

In my belief, in incarnation is merely a change in personality. When I was younger, I was arrogant, stupid, proud, egoistical, over the years my personality has changed, my thoughts have changed, and I am still changing, every day, What am I looking for? I am looking for my true personality, the personality of the Khalsa. The personality that knows exactly what to say, act, do, think. The personality that is aligned to God.

I dislike quoting, however, as you have asked,

p220

ਮਾਨਸ ਦੇਹ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਨਹ ਪਾਵੈ ਕਛੂ ਉਪਾਉ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਕਾ ਕਰੁ ਰੇ
मानस देह बहुरि नह पावै कछू उपाउ मुकति का करु रे ॥
Mānas ḏeh bahur nah pāvai kacẖẖū upā▫o mukaṯ kā kar re.
You shall not obtain this human body again; make the effort - try to achieve liberation!

you may also find this article interesting from Baldev Singh, a writer I enjoy reading

The dictionary meaning of reincarnation is: the belief that after somebody's death their soul lives again in a new body
Now let us explore this idea from the view point of Sikhism
Sikh philosophy is based on logic, reason, skepticism, awareness, reality, and other factors often associated with critical thinking. It is not based on faith; Guru Nanak urges us to use critical (discerning) intellect in every walk of life.
Guru Nanak wanted to preach and teach his message in the language of the masses. Therefore, he rejected Sanskrit in favour of Punjabi, which at that time was the language of the peasants, artisans, untouchables and traders. Moreover, there was no specific script for Punjabi language. Guru Nanak and Guru Angad constructed the Gurmukhi script from the crude scripts that were in vogue at that time. Before Guru Nanak there was no literature in Punjabi except the couplets of Baba Seikh Farid. So Guru Nanak is the father of Punjabi literature.
The Guru borrowed the vocabularies of other languages and terminologies of other religions to express his thoughts. In other words, he radically changed the meanings of Hindu or Muslim religious terminologies in the adoption process to express his philosophy. There are words from more than 25 languages in the Aad Guru Granth Sahib (AGGS).
In the process of building his philosophy, Guru Nanak also coined his own words and new terminologies. Therefore, when we read the Gurbani, we are conscious of the facts that the Guru is fully aware in his expressions of both the Hindu and Muslim worldviews. Hence the use of similes.
Most often we encounter his references to the ideas of reincarnation in the AGGS. Just because the Guru is expressing this idea, it doesn’t automatically mean he approves of it. At the least it means that the Guru is conscious of such Hindu beliefs and certainly not giving his accent to the belief as part of his own philosophy. We, Sikhs, must be extremely careful of this and approach the topic with caution, careful analysis, and proper discussion.
Guru Nanak discussed and imparted credence to the subject of evolution of life about five hundred years ago, roughly 350 years before Charles Darwin. Moreover, the Entity (Creator) according to Guru Nanak is Itself evolving as in the very act of creation of the cosmos when the Transcendent became Immanent-the Invisible became Visible-the Un-manifest became Manifest.
Let us do a small experiment; get your pencil and a piece of paper in hand. In the 21st century, we have come a long way in understanding the subject of evolution. Now take the expressed central basic proposition of the theory of evolution and translate that into our present-day Punjabi language in general and in particular to the Punjabi language of the 15th century, something akin to the written language of Guru Nanak as we encounter in Gurbani.
You will be amazed to find that what you wrote sounds more like the language of reincarnation. And if your mind is already conditioned towards reincarnation, you will read this experimented material as justifying reincarnation. I am afraid that is what has exactly happened to the generations of Sikhs. To make the matter worse, our Sikh scholars too continued to express the same mode of routine ritual thinking. It only highlights the fact that we have failed to develop the Punjabi language in tune with the scientific progresses of the last century.
In our existing Punjabi vocabulary and its former usage there is no expressed distinctions between reincarnation and the theory of evolution; they both lie on each other. It is only in the last few decades some of us have smelled the burning rat and decided to reassess what the Gurus espoused; thanks in part to the Western sciences imparting us the gift of critical knowledge of evolutionary biology. Given this, the new knowledge, it is incredibly refreshing to read Gurbani.
One must remember that according to modern science all complex forms of life originated and evolved from a profoundly simple life. And it took millions of years for complex forms like the modern man to evolve through myriad forms of life to develop-—this fact amazingly is consistent with the Sikh philosophy.
AGGS makes it clear that reincarnation of God, karma and transmigration, and hell and heaven, caste system and gender inequality, are not real; rather they are man-made concepts, as pointed out by Guru Angad.
It is the teachings of Vedas, which has created the concepts of sin and virtue, hell and heaven, and karma and transmigration. One reaps the reward in the next life for the deeds performed in this life-goes to hell or heaven according to the deeds. The Vedas have also created the fallacy of inequality of caste and gender for the world. AGGS, M 2, p. 1243.
Another relevant issue that needs addressing is of soul. Again, here the Sikh philosophy radically differs from other religions. In Sikhism, soul is God–the Transcendent One that permeates the entire cosmos and it is called as jyoti (light). Other synonyms used are hans (swan), atma, jio (spirit), Sabad-surat (God-consciousness) and moral principles that guide life (conscience).
Guru Nanak rejected the idea that soul is something separate from God and that it leaves the body after death to seek punishment or reward depending upon the deeds of the person whose body it inhabits. Many verses in the AGGS attest to this fact that God is soul. For example:
After death some bodies are burnt, some are buried and some are left to be devoured by animals/birds (dogs). Some are thrown in water while others are thrown in a dry well. There is no evidence/proof where the so-called soul ends after these different methods of disposal of the dead body,” opines Nanak. AGGS, M 1, p. 648.
Do not believe that the benefits of deeds performed in the current life will be rewarded in the next world. AGGS, M 1, pp. 729-730
Within all there is light (jyoti) and it is Your light which is in all. AGGS, M 1, p. 663
The One God sustains all and It is also the Atma within all. In other words Atma is the Transcendent One. Nanak is at the service of one who understands this mystery, as such a person is God-like. AGGS, M 1, p. 1353 God is in soul and soul is in God. AGGS, M 1, p. 1153
“O my mind, the Universal light is within you, recognize your roots-the source of your origin-the Primordial Light-Energy,” so says Nanak. AGGS, M 3, p. 441.
Besides, the Sikh Gurus rejected the notion of past life or the life after death, and made it abundantly clear that the present life is the only chance to realize God. For example:
O my mind, my dear friend, this is the time for you to meet the Creator. Moreover, this opportunity will last only as long as the body is healthy and full of vitality. AGGS, M 1, p. 20
Take advantage of your birth as a human, this is your only opportunity to meet God. AGGS, M 5, p. 378
Don’t look to the past, make efforts to make your future life successful by meeting God, because you won’t be born again, says Nanak. AGGS, M 5, p. 1096
You won’t be born again, take some measures to obtain salvation right now. Praising the Merciful One, will take you across the ocean of worldly temptations, says Nanak. AGGS, M 9, p. 220

Last edited by a moderator:

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
I disagree, one only has to look at the many variations of Sikhism that exist to see that nothing is well accepted. As a consequence many concepts have been twisted, modified and changed. One can either fight and shout for what one believes in, or accept that each is entitled to their own interpretation of the truth. I accept that you believe in reincarnation and have no wish to change your mind, however to say that this is well accepted Sikh philosophy is incorrect.

In my belief, in incarnation is merely a change in personality. When I was younger, I was arrogant, stupid, proud, egoistical, over the years my personality has changed, my thoughts have changed, and I am still changing, every day, What am I looking for? I am looking for my true personality, the personality of the Khalsa. The personality that knows exactly what to say, act, do, think. The personality that is aligned to God.

I dislike quoting, however, as you have asked,

p220

ਮਾਨਸ ਦੇਹ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਨਹ ਪਾਵੈ ਕਛੂ ਉਪਾਉ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਕਾ ਕਰੁ ਰੇ
मानस देह बहुरि नह पावै कछू उपाउ मुकति का करु रे ॥
Mānas ḏeh bahur nah pāvai kacẖẖū upā▫o mukaṯ kā kar re.
You shall not obtain this human body again; make the effort - try to achieve liberation!

you may also find this article interesting from Baldev Singh, a writer I enjoy reading

The dictionary meaning of reincarnation is: the belief that after somebody's death their soul lives again in a new body
Now let us explore this idea from the view point of Sikhism
Sikh philosophy is based on logic, reason, skepticism, awareness, reality, and other factors often associated with critical thinking. It is not based on faith; Guru Nanak urges us to use critical (discerning) intellect in every walk of life.
Guru Nanak wanted to preach and teach his message in the language of the masses. Therefore, he rejected Sanskrit in favour of Punjabi, which at that time was the language of the peasants, artisans, untouchables and traders. Moreover, there was no specific script for Punjabi language. Guru Nanak and Guru Angad constructed the Gurmukhi script from the crude scripts that were in vogue at that time. Before Guru Nanak there was no literature in Punjabi except the couplets of Baba Seikh Farid. So Guru Nanak is the father of Punjabi literature.
The Guru borrowed the vocabularies of other languages and terminologies of other religions to express his thoughts. In other words, he radically changed the meanings of Hindu or Muslim religious terminologies in the adoption process to express his philosophy. There are words from more than 25 languages in the Aad Guru Granth Sahib (AGGS).
In the process of building his philosophy, Guru Nanak also coined his own words and new terminologies. Therefore, when we read the Gurbani, we are conscious of the facts that the Guru is fully aware in his expressions of both the Hindu and Muslim worldviews. Hence the use of similes.
Most often we encounter his references to the ideas of reincarnation in the AGGS. Just because the Guru is expressing this idea, it doesn’t automatically mean he approves of it. At the least it means that the Guru is conscious of such Hindu beliefs and certainly not giving his accent to the belief as part of his own philosophy. We, Sikhs, must be extremely careful of this and approach the topic with caution, careful analysis, and proper discussion.
Guru Nanak discussed and imparted credence to the subject of evolution of life about five hundred years ago, roughly 350 years before Charles Darwin. Moreover, the Entity (Creator) according to Guru Nanak is Itself evolving as in the very act of creation of the cosmos when the Transcendent became Immanent-the Invisible became Visible-the Un-manifest became Manifest.
Let us do a small experiment; get your pencil and a piece of paper in hand. In the 21st century, we have come a long way in understanding the subject of evolution. Now take the expressed central basic proposition of the theory of evolution and translate that into our present-day Punjabi language in general and in particular to the Punjabi language of the 15th century, something akin to the written language of Guru Nanak as we encounter in Gurbani.
You will be amazed to find that what you wrote sounds more like the language of reincarnation. And if your mind is already conditioned towards reincarnation, you will read this experimented material as justifying reincarnation. I am afraid that is what has exactly happened to the generations of Sikhs. To make the matter worse, our Sikh scholars too continued to express the same mode of routine ritual thinking. It only highlights the fact that we have failed to develop the Punjabi language in tune with the scientific progresses of the last century.
In our existing Punjabi vocabulary and its former usage there is no expressed distinctions between reincarnation and the theory of evolution; they both lie on each other. It is only in the last few decades some of us have smelled the burning rat and decided to reassess what the Gurus espoused; thanks in part to the Western sciences imparting us the gift of critical knowledge of evolutionary biology. Given this, the new knowledge, it is incredibly refreshing to read Gurbani.
One must remember that according to modern science all complex forms of life originated and evolved from a profoundly simple life. And it took millions of years for complex forms like the modern man to evolve through myriad forms of life to develop-—this fact amazingly is consistent with the Sikh philosophy.
AGGS makes it clear that reincarnation of God, karma and transmigration, and hell and heaven, caste system and gender inequality, are not real; rather they are man-made concepts, as pointed out by Guru Angad.
It is the teachings of Vedas, which has created the concepts of sin and virtue, hell and heaven, and karma and transmigration. One reaps the reward in the next life for the deeds performed in this life-goes to hell or heaven according to the deeds. The Vedas have also created the fallacy of inequality of caste and gender for the world. AGGS, M 2, p. 1243.
Another relevant issue that needs addressing is of soul. Again, here the Sikh philosophy radically differs from other religions. In Sikhism, soul is God–the Transcendent One that permeates the entire cosmos and it is called as jyoti (light). Other synonyms used are hans (swan), atma, jio (spirit), Sabad-surat (God-consciousness) and moral principles that guide life (conscience).
Guru Nanak rejected the idea that soul is something separate from God and that it leaves the body after death to seek punishment or reward depending upon the deeds of the person whose body it inhabits. Many verses in the AGGS attest to this fact that God is soul. For example:
After death some bodies are burnt, some are buried and some are left to be devoured by animals/birds (dogs). Some are thrown in water while others are thrown in a dry well. There is no evidence/proof where the so-called soul ends after these different methods of disposal of the dead body,” opines Nanak. AGGS, M 1, p. 648.
Do not believe that the benefits of deeds performed in the current life will be rewarded in the next world. AGGS, M 1, pp. 729-730
Within all there is light (jyoti) and it is Your light which is in all. AGGS, M 1, p. 663
The One God sustains all and It is also the Atma within all. In other words Atma is the Transcendent One. Nanak is at the service of one who understands this mystery, as such a person is God-like. AGGS, M 1, p. 1353 God is in soul and soul is in God. AGGS, M 1, p. 1153
“O my mind, the Universal light is within you, recognize your roots-the source of your origin-the Primordial Light-Energy,” so says Nanak. AGGS, M 3, p. 441.
Besides, the Sikh Gurus rejected the notion of past life or the life after death, and made it abundantly clear that the present life is the only chance to realize God. For example:
O my mind, my dear friend, this is the time for you to meet the Creator. Moreover, this opportunity will last only as long as the body is healthy and full of vitality. AGGS, M 1, p. 20
Take advantage of your birth as a human, this is your only opportunity to meet God. AGGS, M 5, p. 378
Don’t look to the past, make efforts to make your future life successful by meeting God, because you won’t be born again, says Nanak. AGGS, M 5, p. 1096
You won’t be born again, take some measures to obtain salvation right now. Praising the Merciful One, will take you across the ocean of worldly temptations, says Nanak. AGGS, M 9, p. 220

My reply:

Harry Haller Ji,

I have requested you to give your own version of translation of Gurbani shloks that I have cited in my last thread, but you have made counter proposals instead of accepting that Sikhism accepts/believes in reincarnation theory.
I am providing further quotes from Gurbani as here under, and request you to translate for me as you understand. Also provide me with your version of translation of Gurbani quotes that I have provided in my last thread.

ਗਉੜੀ ਗੁਆਰੇਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਭਏ ਕੀਟ ਪਤੰਗਾ ॥ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਗਜ ਮੀਨ ਕੁਰੰਗਾ ॥ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਪੰਖੀ ਸਰਪ ਹੋਇਓ ॥ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਹੈਵਰ ਬ੍ਰਿਖ ਜੋਇਓ ॥੧॥ ਮਿਲੁ ਜਗਦੀਸ ਮਿਲਨ ਕੀ ਬਰੀਆ ॥ ਚਿਰੰਕਾਲ ਇਹ ਦੇਹ ਸੰਜਰੀਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਸੈਲ ਗਿਰਿ ਕਰਿਆ ॥ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਗਰਭ ਹਿਰਿ ਖਰਿਆ ॥ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ਸਾਖ ਕਰਿ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥ ਲਖ ਚਉਰਾਸੀਹ ਜੋਨਿ ਭ੍ਰਮਾਇਆ ॥੨॥ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਭਇਓ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ॥ ਕਰਿ ਸੇਵਾ ਭਜੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ॥ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਮਾਨੁ ਝੂਠੁ ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ॥ ਜੀਵਤ ਮਰਹਿ ਦਰਗਹ ਪਰਵਾਨੁ ॥੩॥ ਜੋ ਕਿਛੁ ਹੋਆ ਸੁ ਤੁਝ ਤੇ ਹੋਗੁ ॥ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੂਜਾ ਕਰਣੈ ਜੋਗੁ ॥ ਤਾ ਮਿਲੀਐ ਜਾ ਲੈਹਿ ਮਿਲਾਇ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਇ ॥੪॥੩॥੭੨॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 176

In your above reply you are relating (to Reincarnation) as the past days, months, years, that you have lived to be reincarnations.
As per Gurbani it is not correct. Your past life is not reincarnation as per Sikhism. As per above quote Kabir ji is referring to previous lives he has passed through, like worms,insects, elephant and fish, birds and snakes etc.etc. which is "Chaurasi Lakh Joon".
In this life you have certainly not lived as the above creatures. Then certainly it is previous life/incarnation. Gurbani believes in 84 lac Reincarnations.
Don't be adament, accept what is very clear to understand.

I do not accept Baldev Singh's view. I go by my Guru, SGGS JI.

An interview material appeared in Sunday Times of India, dated 28th . October, 2012, from which I am giving a few lines on "Reincarnation belief "even by modern day scientist.

Just by chance psychiatrist Dr.Brian Weiss of USA started in past life regression. It was back in 1980 when he was treating a women patient, During psychotherapy, he asked her to look into her past when she was a child, but she went back to a thousand years to another life with vivid memories of herself as another person. After successfully treating her , Weiss started researching on the subject and came out with his best seller MANY LIVES, MANY MASTERS. In his interview to Nona Walia he says that he has been documenting physical and emotional healings in his patients and workshop participants over the past 32 years. He further said that he firmly believes that KARMA is not punishment but an opportunity to learn our lessons. If the lessons have not been learned in a previous life, we come back to work on them. The lessons are about love, compassion, non-violence, patience, understanding and non-prejudice. When the lessons and learnings are complete, there's no incarnation. One attains Moksha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
In this life you have certainly not lived as the above creatures. Then certainly it is previous life/incarnation. Gurbani believes in 84 lac Reincarnations.
On the contrary, at present I am living my life as a wolf, although a few years ago I was an elephant, I have also been a pig and a donkey.

I have already given my interpretation of your quotes, and I have given you one of mine, I haver provided third party thoughts on the subject too.

I have no interest in converting you, I merely wish to point out that there are a fair few Sikhs that do not believe in what you do.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
This has been discussed many times in different threads and I suggest we don't continue on this interfaith section.
Harryji, you continue to amuse me!!!peacesignlol
I'm sure you bought this weak piece by Baldev singh up before quite some time ago.

Pailangtha ji, you have not said anything out of line or misguiding out of sikhi teachings. For that matter, neither has Harryji !!

We have to remember that whether you believe in reincarnation or not, it does NOT affect you attaining jeevan mukhti. Neither does it make you a better sikh in any way.
The most important message the gurus gave was that this very human life is what should be regarded and what we do now and here is what really counts.
This was in contrast to the beliefs of those times when the hindus did good deeds to get good karma so that they move up the caste ladder.
As you know,we sikhs reject this nonsense completely.

Oh, for the record I do have a belief in reincarnation and karma but it is miles away from the hindu way.

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
On the contrary, at present I am living my life as a wolf, although a few years ago I was an elephant, I have also been a pig and a donkey.

I have already given my interpretation of your quotes, and I have given you one of mine, I haver provided third party thoughts on the subject too.

I have no interest in converting you, I merely wish to point out that there are a fair few Sikhs that do not believe in what you do.

I have given you shalokas from SGGs and asked you interpret in your way that you understand, but you have not given interpretation shaloka wise. Stop beating about a bush and give interpretation shaloka wise.
It is your hallucination that you are present living the life of a wolf and that you have lived lives of elephant, pig and donkey.
I dare say you are a human being and since your birth living thee life of a human being.
The shaloka you have cited means that the Guru Sahib is cautioning the human beings at large saying " you will not be incarnated as a human being if you go on practicing sin all the while. Do not be a sinner, repeat the name of God and you may attain deliverance".( This is not interpretation, but the essence of the Shaloka).

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam _/|\_

I have tried for the longest time to have the Divine Name constantly chanted in my heart and mind, but it is a struggle for me. But it I love chanting the Name of God when I do remember. It is so humbling to realize my earthly name is a miniscule thing and God's Name is so Vast that it takes up all the space in all the places where space exists and maybe even in the places it doesn't.

God is the doer when I really let it happen...there is a barrier I put up which is only the distraction of cars driving by, sit coms, good novels and bad moods. Once I can overcome that (if I can overcome it at all), then I suspect I will become a pure servant. I want to let go of my humanness as much as I can to become a vessel for God---to fill, to work through, to Love through.

Nam Jiwan :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: