• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Meat - Is It Against Sikhi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Nim_23 said:
I agree with you. Not all vegetarians who think they make more pious people are more pious.

I myself prefer vegetarian food to meat. However, it is an individual thinking or preference to consume it.

I have only read in one of Sikh 4 taboos that we are not to eat halal meat.

If I can scan the poster where I read this. I will definitely scan it and put it up for all to see soon.

Same goes for Sikhs who are modern and those with turbans. Some Sikh people think that having a turban means you are respecting/following your religion.

BUT how many of these turban men are actually following the religion?

They have been seen smoking and consuming alcohol outside with turbans on their heads and even womanizing.

I think a Sikh with a turban seen doing such things are doing a bigger sin than modern Sikhs.

No offence to what I say. I welcome any comments.

I agree.

I have tried both sides of the fence in the quest for spirituality, and to think one diet vegetarian or meat eating will lead to more spirituality is duality and egotism.

There are however a hardcore of lunatics on the websites that are keen to rubbish meat eating Sikhs at any costs. www.info-sikh.com, which is run by a Brahmin in a turban is a classic example of this. Presenting rhetorc as facts.

I think this sort of fanaticism makes vegetarian Sikhs look like they are intolerant, when the reality of it is, many of them are very tolerant like you Nim.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
Info-sikh.com person is freind of Das and is more influence by Taksal.
But Maryada of Damdai Taksal is for that school only and there meat eating is OK to be disallowed.

So in Taksal area das may not eat meat as in own Nirmals ashram but otherwise das took it last night.

Nim_23

SPNer
May 16, 2006
Singapore
I am sorry but could you elaborate more I am seriously ignorant about what you meant by:

Gurfateh
But Maryada of Damdai Taksal is for that school only and there meat eating is OK to be disallowed.

So in Taksal area das may not eat meat as in own Nirmals ashram but otherwise das took it last night.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh

Then why is it called info-sikh....when clearly it is info-damdaitaksal?

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

sometime people think that Taksal is Gurmat.

Das gave them name in Uk as Damdami Taksal Akhand Kirtani Jatha as they were coping the ways of AKJ.As such Das bows to the views of AKJ and find them better Sikhs then das himslef.

but Taksal had a differtn nieche and presetn Mukhi Baba Harnam Singh are doing the same which was absent after Sant Ji(Sant Ji on the record said that amrit from sgpc is same that of Chowk Mehta and many people in his force ate meat,as they were Singhs and nnot Taksali Singhs).

Yet present Mukhi has to do lot more to do soething for eqaulty of female(that is anywayn offf the topic).

what happens among us das included that say if das eats meat das may try to force others of prove that it is OK in Panth.We often fail to understand the feeling of others.

Inspite of knowing that das is meat eater does this person often helps das especaily when some anti gurmat thing comes in.Das did call him to talk to sikh namdhair as one of our member but he was away at holidyas and when he comes we can talk on that.

But if we see

Bhai Randheer Singh had Freind who supported meat eating like Akali Kaur Singh ji or Bhai Veer Singh Ji.

Sant Ji had good realtion with Bidhichandiya Nihungs and Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji also had good realtion with them.

Many nihungs still go to Taksal but after coming out restart not only meat but also smothing das does not use ie sukhnidhan ie cannbis and panj Ratnis ie wine.

Jan 6, 2007
UK

DIET AND SPIRITUALITY
slok mÚ 1 ] kil hoeI kuqy muhI Kwju hoAw murdwru ] kUVu boil boil Baukxw cUkw Drmu bIcwru ]
ijn jIvMidAw piq nhI muieAw mMdI soie ] iliKAw hovY nwnkw krqw kry su hoie ]
In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, people have faces like dogs;
they eat dead animals for food. They bark and speak, telling only lies;
Dharma and Vichaar have left them. Those who have no honor while alive,
will have an evil reputation after they die (sggs 1242).
You kill living beings, and call it a righteous action.
Tell me, brother, what would you call an unrighteous action?
You call yourself the most excellent sage; then who would you call a butcher? (sggs 1103)
By drinking, one's intelligence departs, and madness enters his mind;
he cannot distinguish between his own and others’ —
he is struck down by his Lord. By drinking, he forgets his Lord,
and he is punished in the Court of the Lord (sggs 554).
The truest of the true burn away the bonds of the world,
and eat a simple diet of grain and water (sggs 467).
<><><><>
A mind that is attached to sense pleasures can never stay firm on spiritual heights. Out of all physical senses of man's body, the sense of taste (i.e., tongue!) is the most difficult to control. This is why people go out of their way to justify their heinous habits or Vaasnaa of indulgence in gratification of this sense. However, one of the most important disciplines necessary for linking with God is the control of the tongue exercised both in the areas of food and speech. The edict of the Gurbani (Sri Guru Granth Sahib, SGGS) is that without its control it is impossible to follow the path of devotion and become one with Waheguru, God.
· ] ijhvw suAwd loB mid mwqo aupjy Aink ibkwrw ]
Jihvaa suaad lobh mad maato upjai anik bikaar - You are intoxicated with the tastes of the
tongue, with greed and pride; countless sins spring from these (sggs 616).
· Ye rasnaa too anras laag rahee teree piyaas na jaayi. Piyaas na jaayehorat kitaai jichar Hari raas payi - O my tongue, you are engrossed in other tastes, but your thirsty desire is not quenched. Your thirst shall not be quenched by any means, until you attain the subtle essence of the Lord (sggs 921).
· Jitnee bhookh an ras saad hai titnee bhookh phir laagai - The more one feels hunger for other tastes and pleasures, the more this hunger persists (sggs 167).
· Mithiyaa rasna bhojan an swaad - False is the tongue which enjoys delicacies and tastes (sggs 269).
Material researchers (modern scientists) study and analyze the foods according to their physical properties and how they react on the physical body. However the spiritual scientists, who from ancient times delved in the spiritual science of foodstuff, consider the vibratory nature of food in determining what is uplifting, stimulating, stultifying or harmful when consumed. Hence, the aim of the true devotee is to purify himself of material contamination by nurturing his mode of goodness through pure and spiritually uplifting means. He knows that even the food he consumes, and also the manner in which he partakes of it, has its effect on the body and consciousness according to its vibratory quality.
Therefore, regulation of diet, company, sleep, etc., is recommended in the scriptures for the sincere seekers of Truth. Which is, for example, eat light and less. For that reason, a true Giani always eats light and less (Saatvic), as well as sleep less! Thus, he neither tortures his body, nor pampers it with sense gratification. Overeating or wrong eating is the enemy of meditative mind; eating insufficiently, on the other hand, leads to physical and mental weakness. Similarly, oversleep dulls the nervous system; not enough sleep produces a tendency to sleep against one's will. All of this is undesirable to the seeker of Truth. Baabaa Nanak Says:
· Kali hoyee kutte muhee khaaj hoyaa murdaar: In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, people have faces like dogs; they eat dead animals for food (sggs 1242).
· Seel sanjam such bhannee khaanaa khaaj ahaaj - Humility, self-control and purity have run away; people eat the uneatable, forbidden food (sggs 1242).
· Saad sahaj kari mann khelaaiaa. Tai sahi paasahu kahan kaaiaa. Mithaa kari kai kaurhaa khaaiaa - In relishes and pleasure, people play their mind games. When they approach You, O Lord, they will receive admonitions. They think it is sweet, so they eat the bitter (sggs 1243).
Overeating, fasting, eating dead-animals, drinking, smoking, sleeping too much or too little, etc., is for those who are in the mode of ignorance or passion. Simply put: Give the body its due, neither pampering nor abusing or torturing it, and then forget the body! In a natural way (Sahaj), thus, as the inner consciousness becomes spiritualized through progress in devotion, selfless work, study of scriptures, and meditation on the Naam the body also becomes spiritualized; then its material demands gradually diminish, spontaneously.
· Bin naavai mann tek na tiakaee Nanak bhookh na jaaee... - Without the Name, the mind has no firm support; O Nanak, its hunger never departs. The Guru has revealed the shop and the city within the home of my own heart, where I intuitively carry on the true trade. Sleep little, and eat little; O Nanak, this is the essence of wisdom (sggs 939).
· Alap ahaar sulbh see nidraa daya ke maakhan cheet - Eat less, sleep less, and keep your mind soft like butter with compassion (Paatshaahee 10).
· Naaty-ashnatas tu yogo sti na caikaantam anashnatah..... - There is no possibility of one's becoming a Yogi, O Arjuna, if one eats too much or eats too little, sleeps too much or too little (Gita 6:16).
· Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God (Bible, Methew 4:4).
Undesirable diet and Naam Simran do not go hand-in-hand. Therefore, for a sincere devotee, it's not even worth thinking much about foods, let alone eating much! Because, if one subjects his body to overeating, not eating enough, or consuming undesirable diet (dead-animals, alcohol, smoking, etc.), he cannot meditate! Thinking of relishes and pleasures is indicative of bondage, sense-slavery, body-consciousness, or "I-am-the-body" idea. The only reason we are placed on earth is to transcend the sense-slavery!
· Jag mahi aaiaa so parvaan. Gurmukhi apnaa khasam pashaan - By becoming Gurmukh if you realize your Lord, then your coming into this world is approved (sggs 867).
However, in order to transcend material consciousness or sense-slavery so that our coming into this world is approved, we are urged to become Gurmukh (spiritual being). And to become Gurmukh we need every help we can get — we need to regulate everything in life including diet, company we keep, and so on. Until we become Self-realized, everything we do is in sense gratification. Why pour more fuel on blazing fire! Therefore, if we want to ascend ourselves to the more uplifting mode of goodness and beyond, we have to get into the habit of eating good, thinking good, speaking good and doing good. Otherwise body and mind will end up becoming a depository of sensual trash!
This is why the Gurbani compares all sensual pleasures with a "mirage", an illusion. Why? Because the cause of Jeeva's bondage is enjoyment of sense gratification. Accordingly, we are warned throughout the Gurbani not to indulge in sense pleasures. Instead, we are urged to use the tongue in repeating the Naam.
· Harichandauree chit bhram sakheeye mrig trisnaa dram chhaayaa. Chanchan saath na chaaltee sakheeye ant taji jaavat maya. Ras bhogan ati roop ras mate in sang sookh na paayaa - Maya is a mirage, which deludes the mind, O my companion, like the scent-crazed deer, or the transitory shade of a tree. Maya is fickle, and does not go with you, O my companion; in the end, it will leave you. One may enjoy pleasures and sensual delights with supremely beautiful women, but no one finds peace in this way (sggs 803).
Our needs are few, while our wants are almost limitless. However, instead of ministering only to our needs, in spiritual ignorance we create limitless wants and then spend rest of our life pursuing the false pleasures. Slowly but surely, we then become slave of our senses. In this context, this article will attempt to reflect on the following:
· Deep-Rooted Habits
· Material Nature
· 'Bhakh' And 'Abhakh'
· "Kill Your Ego, Not Other Beings": Says The Gurbani
· Effects Of Diet On Human Behavior
· Claiming To Be Equal To The Master
· On Vedas And Animal Sacrifice
· The Higher Taste: Moving From Animal To Divine Consciousness
Deep-Rooted Subconscious Habits
Instinctive mind is a bundle of habits or Vaasnaas. It is nothing but a collection of ever changing desires, notions or feelings arising from contact with gross objects. New habits are built into us from childhood. Some remain conscious and others enter our subconscious. Due to our habitual identifications with different objects, deep-rooted subconscious habits are most difficult to overcome.
A great one has said: "The power of habit is all supreme in the life of man. Many people go through life mentally making good resolutions, without ever succeeding in following what is wholesome. We usually do not do what we wish to do, what only what we are accustomed to do. That is why materially minded persons find it difficult to be spiritually minded even when they try hard. So also spiritual persons find it difficult to be materialistic even when they associate with materially minded people. It is not easy for vicious men to be good and it is hard for noble men to be mean."
Thus, the man is ruled by his deep-rooted subconscious habits. These habits, in turn, form tendencies, moods, and desires. Early habits formed in the childhood create significant influence on our growing up. These habits are generally formed watching parents, other family members, teachers, friends, etc. At early stage, if we are not taught to form spiritual habits, we are sure to form evil habits. Later on, the other factors that influence shaping our habits include environment and association. For example, undiscriminating association with the world creates bad habits in us.
· Jih karnee hovahi sarmindaa ih kamaanee reeti - You have made it your habit to practice those deeds which will bring you shame (sggs 673, ln 10).
· Kabir Ram na dhiyaayiyo motee laagee khor - Kabeer, I have not meditated on the Lord; such is the bad habit I have developed (sggs 1368).
Mind is slave to routine, customs, and habits. Once mind becomes accustomed to a habit, it then likes to go on doing it. Eventually, habits become like "grooves" in which actions run. More a habit is indulged in, it becomes much easier for the mind to run in that groove. After more repetitions, it begins to enjoy it. After that, the mind never wants to leave these beaten grooves or path. Some of these grooves are the results of impressions of our past lives, and some are the results of actions of this life.
Once a desire comes up, the mind becomes agitated and finds no peace till the desire is fulfilled. In order to fulfill a desire, the first thing mind does is it brings itself into the action and establishes a groove or habit. Once a groove is established, like a locomotive, it does not want to leave the track (or groove ) on which it is set. All this is because man feels that he can gain everlasting happiness from never-lasting material objects!
Material contamination of our mind begins with bad habits such as taste for intoxicants, craving for foods not conducive to spiritual progress (dead animals, egg, fish, etc.), illicit sex, gambling, stealing, and so on. In fact bad habits such as illicit sex, gambling, and stealing are all linked to consumption of intoxicants and undesirable foods. As the saying goes: "We are what we eat"!
Hence, what we eat and drink has tremendous effect on an ordinary person's mind and body. For example, consumption of food such as meat (dead animals) and intoxicants are generally very pleasing to an out-going mind indulged in material life. Conversely, such a diet has certainly no appeal to a sincere spiritual aspirant. Thus, diet is a function of an individual's choice based upon his goal in his life, that is, does one want to become God conscious and go back to his Source, or, does he want to live merely a nonsensical life? God has given us the free will to choose between these two. By the way, there is no mid-way!

Jan 6, 2007
UK
Material Nature
Why does a man prefer a specific type of diet over the other? Why do people perform certain actions, or act in certain ways? Why do mortals cater to certain habits, tendencies and desires? The answers to these questions and more lie in the proper understanding of the three modes of material nature, also known as three qualities of Maya.
· Trai gun aap sirjian Maya moh vadhaayaa - God Himself created the three qualities and increased our love for worldly valuables (sggs 1237).
The material nature (including all matter) is composed of three ingredients called Gunas or"quality". The three qualities are Saatav (Sat or Sato), Raajas (Raj or Rajo), and Taamas (Tam or Tamo). In english, these three modes can be called goodness, passion and ignorance, respectively.
· Raj gun tam gun sat gun kaheeai ih teri sabh maya - The quality of passion, the quality of ignorance, and the quality of goodness; all these are called the creation of Your power (sggs 1123).
All beings or Jeevas belong to the Lord's spiritual energy. The true nature of Jeeva or soul is pure consciousness (i.e., it is Eternal, full of Knowledge and Bliss Absolute). However, due to contact with the three modes of material nature, the soul becomes contaminated. The example of rain water may help one to understand it better. A drop of rain water is pure in nature until it hits the ground. Upon coming in contact with the mud or soil, it becomes contaminated and conditioned. Similarly, when soul comes in contact with the three modes of material nature, it becomes conditioned.
The three qualities of material nature are like intertwined strands of the winding cord or rope of Nature. Through this medium, Nature holds in bondage all embodied beings. These three qualities are part of Maya or delusive force inherent in the creation. The Saatav is symptified by purity, goodness, calmness, enlightenment, etc. The Raajas is symptified by passion, selfish activities, impulse, restlessness, etc. And the Taamas is symptified by inertia, ignorance, dullness, negligence, forgetfulness, darkness, inactivity, lethargicness, etc. The Gurbani examines and analyses Maya as well as diagnoses its maladies. Majority of the people in this world belong to the latter two qualities (i.e., Raajas and Taamas).
· Trai gun bikhia andh hai maya moh gubar - Man is blinded by the wickedness of three qualities of nature and darkness of attachment (sggs 30).
· Doojai bhai pare nahin boojhai. Tribidhi maya kaaran lojhai - Man entangled in the love of duality does not understand Lord. He (then) longs for the three-qualitied mammon (sggs 127).
These three qualities or modes of material nature indicate an individual's stage of spiritual development. This is also very important in regard to the fact that Scriptures reveal different meanings to different people, depending on the stage of their spiritual development - that is, Saatav (stage of goodness), Raajas (stage of passion), Taamas (stage of ignorance). Within these three stages or modes of spiritual development, there are numerous sub-stages.
An individual's actions (Karama), as well as his dietary habits depends on his stage of spiritual development. Those in the mode of passion and ignorance, owing to their spiritual development, identify with body or flesh. On the other hand, those in the mode of goodness, identify with the Soul or the Spirit. These three modes of the material nature are briefly described as follows.
(1) Taamas or Ignorance: This quality in embodied beings arises from spiritual ignorance. This is the enemy of modern society as it destroys the harmony, peace and bliss in one's mind, and then in the society. It deludes all embodied living entities, binding them by madness, misconception, idleness, and indolence. Under the spell of ignorance, one is unable to attain a proper understanding of a thing as it is. For example, the Gurbani repeatedly tells us that the cause of Jeeva's bondage is sense gratification. However, in order to justufy our habit of sense-slavery, we do not even hesitate to twist the true meanings of the scriptural statements. The Gurbani also tells us that the true happiness and liberation come from absorption in Lord's Name (the state of pure Bhakti). But we keep searching for it in the outer objects!
Knowing that he is mortal, man is still reluctant to make any real progress in spiritual understanding or care for the eternal Spirit. Thus, this quality causes misery and suffering of all kinds. This is the dark evolute of illusory power of Maya which covers knowledge, and prevents man from God realization. The Gurbani says:
· Sansaar bikhia koop. Tam agiaan mohat ghoop - The world is a well of poison, in it is the pitch darkness of spiritual ignorance and worldly love (sggs 838).
Taamasic person is full of wrong ideas. He is not interested in associating with those who have saintly qualities, chanting Holy Name, or making any sincere efforts to advance toward the most uplifting mode of goodness. Other symptoms of Taamsic person are addiction to intoxicants, laziness, dullness, inertia, careless, indolent, oversleeping, etc. Like an animal, he is mainly conscious of his body. His activities are demoniac.
The foods dear to those who have made the mode of Taamas or ignorance the very goal of their life are nutritionally worthless, decomposed, putrid, stale, refuse, and impure. Among the most Taamsic food commonly consumed in the modern society is meat, alcohol and other intoxicants. A Taamsic diet has a malignant effect on the body and the mind, and dulls all aspirations for spiritual growth.
A Taamsic person performs penances or austerities out of foolishness, with self-torture or to destroy or injure others. And any charity offered by such person is performed at wrong time and wrong place, to unworthy persons (e.g., swindlers in the garb of Saints, Ragees, Bhais, Parchaaraks, etc.), without proper attention or respect.
· Abhiyagat eh na aakheeahi jin kai mann mahi bharam. Tin ke dite Nanaka teho jehaa dharam - Do not call the wandering beggars holy men, if their minds are filled with doubt. Whoever gives to them, O Nanak, earns the same sort of merit (sggs 1413).
The mode of ignorance is the lowest quality in material nature, and is called the mother of delusion. When man dies in this mode of ignorance, he slides down in the evolutionary process, and takes birth in abominable conditions (i,e, animal like). Hence, the future of a person with this mode is very dark. Ignorance is the sin of sins. Budha says that ignorance is a death itself.
(2) Raajas or Passion: The mode of passion is born of unlimited desires, longing, and great attachment to mundane objects; and it strongly binds the embodied beings to material fruitive actions. This is characterized by sense slavery: lust, selfish activities, and evil instincts such as anger, greed, delusion, false ego, enviousness, jealousy, etc. With the increase of passion the hankering for sense enjoyment also increases; and, thus, one gets imbued in enjoying sense gratification. Any worship performed by the Raajsic person is generally demoniac. Accordingly, actions performed in the mode of passion result in miseries, sorrows and pains.
The foods dear to those who have made the mode of rajas or passion the goal of their life are meats, alcohol and other intoxicants, too hot, too sour, salty, pungent, harsh, and burning foods. Such foods cause misery, sorrows, disease, mental agitation and distress.
Any duty performed for some material benefit, or for the sake of false pride are in the mode of passion. Any austerities or penanaces are said to be in the mode of passion when practiced for the purposes of gaining respect, honor, and homage. Such penances are unstable and fleeting. A charity performed by a person in the mode of passion is characterized by the expectation of some return, or of gaining merit.
The mode of passion and ignorance are like two sides of the same coin. The man caught in the vertex of these two modes is like a football who receives kicks from both. For example, the camel eats bramble even though it makes his mouth bleed; similarly, the passion and ignorance obsessed man indulges himself in sense gratification even though he suffers. Due to their spiritual ignorance and worldly desires, people in the mode of tamo and rajo become an easy prey to swindlers in the garb of so called Saints, Giannis, Priests, Ragees, Pathees, etc.
· Aklee parhi kai bujheeyai aklee keechai daan: One should read scriptures with intelligence, and then understand them; also one should give charity intelligently (sggs 1245).
Rajsic person is always worried about himself and things his senses are attached to. Thus, he constantly burns himself alive in the fire of worries.
(3) Saatav or Goodness: The mode of goodness is the subtlest and purer than the others. This mode brings one to the point of devotion or Bhakti. Further, the mode of goodness brings one greater enlightenment, a greater sense of happiness, and freedom from sinful reactions.
The manifestation of the mode of goodness can be experienced when all nine gates of the body are illumined by the Divine Knowledge (as mentioned in the Gurbani, the nine gates are two years, two eyes, two nostrils, mouth, ****, and gentile). Which means that the manifestation of mode of goodness is experienced when all external senses, and the internal equipments are divinized by the presence of the Divine Knowledge. A Saatvic person remains in the spheres of spiritual wisdom and ecstatic perceptions, imbued with virtue and purity of heart.
There are many grades of beings in the mode of goodness. Some are merely good men, some are mixture of goodness with saintliness, and the others are living liberated (Jivanmukta).
The foods dear to those who have made the Saattav or mode of goodness the goal of their life are those that increase the duration of life, purify one's existence, and brings vitality, endurance, health, satisfaction, and happiness. These foods are juicy, mild, substantial, and agreeable to the body. Such foods include grains, fruits, vegetables, and milk.

Jan 6, 2007
UK
A sacrifice done by a person situated in the mode of goodness is performed as a matter of duty, not for the expectation of any reward. For example, religious rituals performed in the Gurudwara or at one's home are in the mode of goodness if they are not performed with purpose of material benefit! Bhagti in the mode of goodness is performed with great transcendental loving devotion, not with any expectation of material reward. Any charity given by the Saattvic person is made for the sake of righteousness, without expecting anything in return, bestowed at proper place or time or person.
The foregoing discussion makes it clear as to why people choose certain type of diet or perform certain actions while incarnated in this human form. It all depends on a personal choice of the mode of life an individual has chosen for himself. We reap what we sow.
· Eh maya jit hari visrai moh upjai bhaayu doojaa laya - Due the influence of this Maya, God is forgotten; worldly love is born; and the mortal gets attached to worldly pleasures (sggs 921).
· Par par thaake saant na aayee. Trisnaa jale sudh na kaayee - By reading and reciting, mortals grow weary without obtaining peace; they are consumed by desires, of which they have no knowledge (sggs 120).
· Jehaa beejai so lunai karma sandraa khet - As man has planted, so does he harvest; such is the field of karma or actions (sggs 134).
· Jo mai keeyaa so mai paya dos na deejai avar janaa - Whatever I did, for that I have suffered; I do not blame anyone else (sggs 433).
'Bhakh' And 'Abhakh'
The Gurmat (Shabad Giyan or Knowledge) has divided all foods into two categories: Bhakh and Abhakh: Bhakh means those foods which are conducive to spiritual progress, and to the contrary Abhakh means those foods which are unconducive to spiritual progress. In other words, Saatvic foods are Bhakh, and Taamsic and Raajsic foods are Abhakh.
· Jiyu kookar harkaayiyaa dhaavai dah dis jaaye. Lobhee jant na jaanayee BHAKH ABHAKH sabh khaaye - Like the mad dog running around in all directions, the greedy person, unaware, consumes everything, Bhakh and Abhakh (sggs 50).
Included in the Abhakh category are foods such as egg, fish, meats, alcohol and other intoxicants, too hot, too sour, salty, pungent, harsh, burning, etc. The implication is that the Taamsic and Raajsic foods being undesirable cause misery, sorrows, disease, mental agitation, distress, a malignant effect on the body and the mind, and thus dulls all aspirations for spiritual growth.
· Duniyaa murdaar khurdanee gaaphal havaayi. Gaibaan haivaan haraam kustanee murdaar bakhoraayi - The world eats dead carcasses, living by neglect and greed. Like a goblin, or a beast, they kill and eat the forbidden carcasses of meat (sggs 723).
· Kabir jiya ju maarahi jor kar kahte hahi ju halaal..... - Kabir Ji says, you kill animals by cruelty and call it sanctified food! When the Lord calls for your account, what will your condition be? (sggs 1375) .
· Jeeya badhahu su dharam kar thaapahu adharam kahahu kat bhaayee - You kill living beings, and call it a righteous action. Tell me, brother, what would you call an unrighteous action? (sggs 1103).
· Kabir Bhaang maashulee sura paan jo jo praanee khaahi. Teerath barat nem keeye te sabhai rasaatal jaahi - Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine — no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell (sggs 1377).
· Guru Pir Hama Ta Bhare, ja Murdar Na Khai - Guru or Peer only stand by those who abstain from eating "Murdaar" or dead (sggs 141).
The desirable or Bhakh foods include water, grains, fruits, vegetables, and milk products. Such wholesome and mild foods are ideal for maintaining healthy as well as fit body and mind; which, in turn, are very conducive to one's spiritual growth.
· Onee duniyaa tore bandhnaa ann paanee thoraa khaayaa - They (the truest of the true) burn away the bonds of the world, and eat a simple diet of grain and water (sggs 467).
· Kabeer khoob khaanaa kheecharee jaa mahi amrit lon. Heraa rotee kaarne galaa ktaavai kayun: Kabeer, the dinner of beans and rice (Khicharhee) flavored with salt is excellent. Who would cut his throat (in his next life) to have meat of a killed animal with his bread? (sggs 1374).
According to the Gurmat, the person who consumes foods belonging to Abhakh category is no better than a mad dog. Now, the choice is ours: either we can eat Abhakh and live like a mad dog, or we can be contented with Bhakh and enjoy the intuitive peace and spiritual aspirations! Again, there is no mid-way in this context!
· Ras suyinaa ras rupaa kaaman ras parmal kee vaas. Ras ghore ras sejaa mandar ras meethaa ras maas. eto ras sareer ke kai ghat Naam nivaas - The pleasures of gold and silver, the pleasures of women, the pleasure of the fragrance of sandalwood, the pleasure of horses, the pleasure of a soft bed in a palace, the pleasure of sweet treats and the pleasure of eating meat—such pleasures of the human body are so numerous; how can the Naam, the Name of the Lord, find its dwelling in the heart (sggs 15)?
The Gurmat offers us the right choice! If our greedy tongue craves for eating Abhakh, for example, the Gurbani's advice is to make the modesty (humility) and the fear of God the meat to eat. And, if our selfish tongue desires for intoxicants, the Gurbani asks us for making the True Naam and Self-realization the wine to drink.
· Gurh mande kar seel ghiyu saram maas aahaar - Make virtue your thin bread, civility your butter, and the modesty your meat to eat (sggs 553).
· Giyaan Gurh saalaah mande bhayu maas aahaar - Make spiritual wisdom your molasses, God's praise your bread, and God's fear your meat to eat (sggs 553).
· Karnee laahan Sat Gurh sach sraa kar saar - Let good deeds be your still, truth your molasses, and thus make the sublime wine of the True Name (sggs 553).
· Kayaa laahan aap mad amrit tis kee dhaar - Make your body the vat, and Self-realization the wine, then the nectar of the Naam will become the stream thereof (sggs 553).
"Kill Your Ego, Not Other Beings": Says The Gurbani
According to the Gurmat, one of the most noble qualities (Shubh Gun) a man need for linking with God is mercy, compassion or kindness (Dayaa) for all living entities; whether it be human, animals or birds. Without compassion, one cannot become a pure devotee; and without becoming a pure devotee, one cannot attain the Shabad-Surti or God-consciousness.
· Man santokh sarab jeeya dayaa. In bidh barat sampooran Bhayaa....: Let your mind be content, and be kind to all beings. In this way, your fast will be successful. Keep your wandering mind restrained in one place. Your mind and body shall become pure, chanting the Lord’s Name. The Supreme Lord is pervading amongst all (sggs 299).
· Athsath teerath sagal punn jeeya dayaa parvaan: Be kind to all beings—this is more meritorious than bathing at the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage and the giving of charity (sggs 136).
The gesture of mercy and the act of killing another being are of opposing nature. Mercy denotes mental peace and contentment. To the contrary, killing for sense gratification signifies mental madness, greed, and selfishness. For example, one cannot eat meat without killing an animal or a bird. In order to kill for the momentary satisfaction of one's tongue, one has to be devoid of mercy. According to the Gurmat, if you are devoid of compassion, then you are devoid of Dharma; because, as Baabaa Nanak says, the Dharma is the off-spring of Dayaa!
· Dhaul Dharama Dayaa kaa poot: The bull of Dharma is the off-spring of Dayaa (sggs 3)!
· Mani santokh sarab jeea dayaa: Let your mind be content, and be kind to all beings (sggs 299).
The qualification of a true devotee or a Gurmukh is that he will never put others into anxiety. On the other hand, the qualification of a sense-driven individual (bogus devotee or a Manmukh) is that he will never hesitate to put others into anxiety. The reason being so is that a Gurmukh is always busy killing his ego, while a Manmukh is always occupied hurting or killing other beings!
· Aap marai avraa nah maarai: Kill your ego, do not kill other beings (sggs 1128).
· Mazan teg bar khoon kas bedreg. Tura neez khoo charakh rezad bah teg: Do not cut somebody's neck with knife; because Almighty's knife will cut your neck someday (Zafarnaamaa, Paatshaahee 10).
· Jeea badhahu su dharam kari thaapahu adharam kahahu kat bhaaee. Aapas kayu munivar kari thaapahu kaa kayu kahau kasaaee: You kill living beings, and call it a righteous action. Tell me, brother, what would you call an unrighteous action? You call yourself the most excellent sage; then who would you call a butcher? (sggs 1103).
What is a lion's diet? The lion kills other beings and then consumes their flash and blood! Under the influence of sense-inclined mind, some argue that since the Guru has given us the name "Singh" (meaning lion), it's alright to kill other beings for the purpose one's eating pleasures. But, the Gurmat's position is totally to the contrary! Like other true scriptures, the Gurbani does not teach cruelty and plundering; It only teaches us to kill our ego, not other beings. Accordingly, the Gurbani thunders that the man who feeds like a lion, is to be known the "god of thieves"!
· Singhch bhojan jo nar jaanai. Aise hee thag deyu bakhaanai: That man who feeds like a lion, is called the god of thieves (sggs 485).
Effects Of Diet On Human Behavior
The mind depends on the food for its formation. The food we take in is transformed in three different ways: the gross or the heaviest portion of it becomes the excrement; that of medium density is transformed into flesh; and the finest portion goes to form the mind. Also, as discussed before, the three different mental temperaments — Sattva, Rajas and Tamas — were the result of three different kinds of food. Accordingly, the Gurbani declares that the diet of a Sattvic or a spiritual person — the truest of true — consists of grain and water.
· Onee duniyaa tore bandhnaa ann paanee thoraa khaayaa - They (the truest of the true) burn away the bonds of the world, and eat a simple diet of grain and water (sggs 467).
Thus, the quality of one's actions, attitudes and behavior depends on the quality of his mind. Since the mind is made of food, the quality of one's mind is significantly influenced by the quality of the food he consumed. In other words, the mind feeds on the food consumed. Therefore, in order to keep pure mind, the food has to be kept pure!

Jan 6, 2007
UK
The Raajsic and Taamsic diet excite the mind. For example, mark the behavior or difference in nature of a flesh eating animal and a vegetation eating animal! Also, different kinds of foods produce different effects in different parts of the brain. Intoxicants, tea, coffee, and spicy and sour foods, for example, excite emotions and passions, and weaken the immune system. Naam Simran is impossible with such restless and corrupt mind. To the contrary, the Saatvic diet calms the mind; hence very conducive for Naam Simran.
· Alu malu khaayee sir chhaayee paayee. Moorakh andhai pat gvaayee - One who eats filth corrupts his mind — the blind fool loses his honor (sggs 467).
· Jit peetai mati door hoyi baral pavai vich aayi. Apnaa paraayaa na pchhanayee khasmahu dhakke khaayi. Jit peetai khasam visrai dargah milai sjaayi. jhoothaa mad mool na peechayee je kaa paar vassayi - By drinking, his intelligence departs, and madness enters his mind; he cannot distinguish between his own and others' — he is struck down by his Lord. By drinking, he forgets his Lord, and he is punished in the Court of the Lord. Don't drink the false wine at all, if it is in your power (sggs 554).
The corruption of mind and physical senses go together. According to the scriptures, the first limb of the physical body to go out of control is tongue, followed by the part of genital. When the tongue is out of control, the genital (i.e., the urge for sex or lust) also goes out of control. Raajsic and Taamsic diet is very conducive for exciting the genital part. When lust remains unfulfilled it manifests into anger. As a result, man looses control over mind and body, and behaves as an animal. In this heinous condition, man has no possibility of becoming a Bhagta (pure devotee). The Gurbani asserts that:
· Mailaa khaai phir mail vadhaaye manmukh mail dukh paavaniaa - Eating filth, the self-willed manmukhs become even more filthy. Because of their filth, they suffer in pain. (sggs 121).
· Jihvaa indree ek suyaayu - The tongue and the sex organs each seek to taste (sggs 153).
· Jihvaa indree saad lobhaanaa. Pasoo bhaye nahee mitai neesaanaa - You are lured by the tastes of the tongue and sex organs. You have become a beast; this sign cannot be erased (sggs 903).
· Nanak kaam krodh kinai na paayo pusho giaanee jaaye - Nanak, by lust and anger, no one has ever attained God. Go and ask any divine (sggs 551).
· Urajh rahio indree ras prerio bikhai thagayuree khaavat he - Entanglement in the lures of sensual pleasures is like eating poisonous drugs (sggs 821).
As revealed in the Gurbani, from cradle to grave, a sense-blind man goes through 10 stages of wasting his life. Out of these 10 stages, in one stage man runs after only food and drinks. As a result, in the immediate next stage his mind becomes mad and blind in his lust. Baabaa Nanak puts it so beautifully as follows:
· Panjve khaan peevan kee dhaat - In the fifth stage, man runs after food and drinks (sggs 137).
· Chhivai kaam na poochhai jaatt - In the sixth stage, he does not even inquires a woman's caste in his urge for lust! (sggs 137)
Claiming To Be Equal To The Master
Essentially, there are two kinds of living beings: (a) liberated souls, and (b) conditioned souls. Liberated souls are those who have realized the Self, and, hence, have freed themselves from the sense-slavery. By controlling their senses, they have ascended themselves to be situated in the Pure Consciousness.
Conditioned souls are those whose senses, mind, intellect, and consciousness are contaminated by this mundane world or Maya. In other words, conditioned souls try to dominate the material nature and, hence, become subjected to its effects (i.e., lust, anger, greed, attachment, false ego, suffering from repeated birth and death, etc.).
· Ih tan maya pahiya piaare leetra lab rangaaye - This body fabric is conditioned by Maya, O beloved, this cloth is dyed in greed (sggs 721).
A conditioned soul has four kinds of defects: 1) he has propensity to cheat others; 2) he is illusioned by Maya or ignorance, consequently, he does not know his true position in relation to God; he has taken the body as his real Self; as a result, he commits sins to fulfill the ever ending demands of his physical body; 3) his senses are contaminated; consequently, he cannot gain Self-knowledge as imperfect senses are unsuitable to do so; and 4) due to such conditioning, he commits mistakes.
The scriptures provide us with an estimate of such conditioned souls in our human society. The scriptures also reveal to us that those individuals who truly abide Lord's name in their mind are very rare. Out of thousands and millions, one may endeavor for spiritual attainment, of those who have achieved spiritual attainment, hardly one knows Reality in Truth. This means that about 99.9 percent people are simply living in a state of mental delusion. This also means that only less than 0.1 percent people are truly interested in Transcendental Knowledge!
· Jan Nanak kotan mai kou bhajan ram ko pave - O servant Nanak, amongst millions there is hardly any mortal, who attains the Lord's meditation (sggs 219).
· Kotan mai Nanak kou narain jih cheet - Rare is the one amongst millions, who enshrines the Lord in his mind, O Nanak (sggs 1427).
· Manushyaanaamam sahasreshu kashchid yatati siddhaye, yatataam api siddgaanaamam kashchin maamam vetti tattvatah - Among thousands of men, one strives for spiritual perfection; and, among the blessed true seekers that assduously try to reach Me, hardly one knows Me in fact (Geeta 7-3).
There are four principles common to human beings and animals. Animals eat, sleep, defend and mate. Similarly, about 99.9 percent of men are also merely engaged in these animal propensities, namely eating, sleeping, defending and mating. In this abominable condition, mortals claim to be equal to Spiritual Masters or God. In such a contaminated state of the senses-mind-intellect, an individual begins to logic that: "If the Master ate Abhakh, what's wrong me eating it", or "if the Master did this, what's wrong me doing it". This is a heinous show of false ego and spiritual ignorance at its best! If a crow tries to be equal to a swan, he is certain to make fool of himself!
· Khasmai kare braabaree phir gairat andar paayi - If one claims to be equal to his Master, he earns his Master’s displeasure (sggs 474).
· Satigur kee reesai hor kach pich bolde se koorhiaar koorhe jharhi parheeai.....: Jealously emulating the True Guru, some others may speak nonsense, but the false are destroyed by their falsehood. Deep within them is one thing, and in their mouths is another; they suck in the poison of Maya, and then they painfully waste away (sggs 304).
· Hansa vekh trandiyaa baggaan bhi aayaa chyu. Dub muye bag bapure sir tal upper payu - Seeing the swans swimming, the herons wanted to do it too. But the poor herons drowned and died, and floated with their heads down and their feet up (sggs 585).
· Hansaa vich bethaa bag na banayee nit baithaa machhee no taar laave - Sitting among the swans, the crane does not become one of them; sitting there, he keeps staring at the fish (sggs 960).
· Sarvar andar heeraa motee so hansaa kaa khaanaa. Bagulaa kag na rahayee sarvar je hovai ati siaanaa - The diamonds are in this lake; they are the food of the swans. The cranes and the ravens may be very wise, but they do not remain in this lake. They do not find their food there; their food is different (sggs 956).
Since the senses of a Spiritual Master are all divine; they are ever in a state of perfect control and harmony. They have no material desires other than serving the Lord. During their stay on this earth, whatever they do is for the Divine Cause only, not to gratify their personal senses or desires. While the sense infatuated mortals (over 99.9%) eat or perform actions to simply gratify their senses and material desires. To justify our wicket sense tendencies, we say "If the Guru did it, I can do it too". However, our limited senses and mind as well as our false ego never let us inquire into a basic question: have we lifted ourselves to the Divine Consciousness of the Master?
The Spiritual Master is beyond the effects of tripple-qualitied Maya. His actions are selfless. As such, he only wants to help embodied souls for final redemption. That's his job. By doing this job, as the Gurbani says, sometime the Master/Lord can kill a being and then revive. Can we do that? The answer is no. The reason being is that majority of us belong to the 99.9 percent category, having our soul covered with rubbish of limited senses, limited mind, and inflated ego!
· Satgur meraa maar jivaalai - My True Guru Himself slays and then revives (sggs 1142).
· Aape maare jeevaale aape tis no til na tamaayee - The Lord Homself slays and himself revives, he does not have an iota of averice (sggs 912).
To justify Abhakh diet, the Abhakh eaters often quote the following verse of Baabaa Nanak: "Maas maas kari moorakh jhagre...: The fools argue about flesh and meat, but they know nothing about meditation and spiritual wisdom.... (sggs 1289).
Firstly, have we raised our consciousness to the level of Baabaa Nanak? If someone has become Baabaa Nanak (that is, Braham Giani), then for him there is no questions or answers, birth or death, light or darkness, good or bad, sin or virtues, this or that; for he has become living liberated (Jeevan Mukta). If not, then one needs every help he can get to reach to the mental state of Baabaa Nanak! Otherwise Naam Simran, meditation, Gurmantra, selfless Sevaa, devotion or Bhagti, scriptural study, religion, Dharma, Kirtan, Satsang, etc., has no meaning!
Secondly, as repeatedly declared in the Gurbani, the only cause of Jeeva's bondage is enjoyment for sense gratification. The Guru who has declared this countless times in the Gurbani, how the same Guru can encourage Jeevas to enjoy sense pleasures? He cannot, because he is born to redeem the humanity from their bondage, not other way around! A true Guru, thus, cannot contradict himself. All contradictions exist in our sense infatuated consciousness. If any Shabad or verse is viewed esoterically in line with the spirit of the entire SGGS, one will not see any confusion or problem there.
The name 'Sikh' is not a social status or a title; it's a state one has to reach. And, as repeatedly declared in the Gurbani, one cannot reach there with affinity for sense gratification. Therefore, if one is a true 'Sikh' (i.e., spiritual seeker), then how he or she can even think of sense gratification in the first place? Knowing that spirituality and sense gratification are of opposing nature, now, how in the world a noble spiritual Master and a Teacher like Baabaa Nanak can encourage any 'Sikh' to engage in sense gratification? It is the instinctive or the desire-mind which has been swayed by the life's sensuousness entertains the exoteric meanings of the scriptural statements. In fact we are urged not once, but several thousands of times in the Gurbani to kill this desire-mind which entertains the thoughts of sense gratification! If we don't, then we cannot realize our Spiritual Nature.
Thirdly, if we read the rest of the Shabad from which this verse is quoted, then we will realize that the whole Shabad was spoken to the hypocritical Pandits (Pujaarees), who pretended to be pure on the outside, but were impure on the inside. In their prejudices and false pride, these Pujaarees usually pretend of maintaining superficial cleanliless by, for example, protecting their body, kitchen or food from being touched by anybody else.
The Gurbani tells us that the taste of the elixir of Lord's Name and the other taste of worldly objects are of the opposing nature. Accordingly, no true Spiritual Master will ever encourage his disciples to engage in consuming Abhakh which is unconducive to spiritual progress. It is a shear jealousy that leads an immature and unawakened Jeeva to act like being equal to the Master. Perhaps not knowing that the jealousy only retards spiritual progress in the seeker! Baabaa Nanak reveals the Truth to us as follows:
· Satigur kee reesai hori kachu pichu bolde se koorhiyaa koorhe jharhi parheeyai. Onaa andar hor mukh hor hai bikh maya no jhakhi marde karheeyai: Jealously emulating the True Guru, some others may speak of good and bad, but the false are destroyed by their falsehood. Deep within them is one thing, and in their mouths is another; they suck in the poison of Maya, and then they painfully waste away (sggs 304).
· Kali hoee kute muhee khaaj hoyaa murdaar - In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, people have faces like dogs; they eat rotting dead bodies for food (sggs 1242).
· Ras suyinaa ras rupaa kaaman ras parmal kee vaas. Ras ghore ras sejaa mandar ras meethaa ras maas. eto ras sareer ke kai ghat Naam nivaas - The pleasures of gold and silver, the pleasures of women, the pleasure of the fragrance of sandalwood, the pleasure of horses, the pleasure of a soft bed in a palace, the pleasure of sweet treats and the pleasure of eating meat—such pleasures of the human body are so numerous; how can the Naam, the Name of the Lord, find its dwelling in the heart (sggs 15)?
In the following Shabad, Baabaa Nanak gives us the characteristics of this age of Kal Yuga we are living in. In this Shabad, Baabaa Nanak makes it very clear as to who in Kal Yuga eat meat of killed animals, and why they eat it! Baabaa Nanak declares that in this age of ignorance, people have mouth like that of a "dog", and, thereby, they eat dead animals for food as the dog eats dead carcasses! Why? Because people are devoid of Dharma and Vichaar (spiritual or inner reflections or inquiry); consequently, we bark only falsehood!
· SHALOK, FIRST MEHL: Kali hoyee kutte muhee khaaj hoyaa murdaar. Koorh boli boli bhayukanaa chookaa dharam beechaar. Jin jeevandiyaa pati nahee muyiaa mandee soi.....: In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, people have faces like dogs; they eat dead animals for food. They bark and speak, telling only lies; Dharma and Vichaar have left them. Those who have no honor while alive, will have an evil reputation after they die. Whatever is predestined, happens, O Nanak; whatever the Creator does, comes to pass. || 1 || FIRST MEHL: Women are made weak (suppressed by men), and men have become their captor or Sayyaad (Sayyaad means a hunter who captures the Bulbul birds and encages them). Humility, self-control and purity have run away; people eat the uneatable, forbidden food. Modesty has left her home, and honor has gone away with her. O Nanak, there is only One True Lord; do not bother to search for any other as true || 2 || (sggs 1242).
· SHALOK, FIRST MEHL: Je ratu lagai kaprhaia jaamaa hoi pleet. Jo ratu pevahi maansaa tin kiyu nirmal cheet: Clothes stained with blood become impure. Similarly, O man, if you consume blood (and flesh, etc.) of other beings, then how you can have pure consciousness! (sggs 140).
· Jayu sabh mahi ek Khudaai kahat hau tau kiyon murgee maarai. Mullaan kahahu niaau Khudaaee. Tere mann kaa bharam na jaaee: You say that the One Lord is in all, so why do you kill chickens? O Mullah, tell me: is this God’s Justice? The doubts of your mind have not been dispelled (sggs 1350).
· Sarjeeu kaatahi nirjeeu poojahi ant kaal kau bhaaree: You kill living beings and worship lifeless things; at your very last moment, you will suffer in terrible pain (sggs 332).
Clearly, the reason people label gurus for eating "Abhakh" is: (a) they themselves are addicted to consuming "Abhakh", and (b) they lack understanding of the Divine Word. In truth, when it comes to consuming Abhakh, the Gurbani teaches us in a strong language to stop living a life of a "dog", and start living a life of a Gurmukh (spiritual being). To this end, in the following Shabads, we are told to make "modesty" and the "Love for God" the "dish of meat". This is declared by the Gurbani to be the "true food" of a spiritual seeker! How wonderful!
· Kali kalvaalee kaam mad manooyaa peevanhaar......: The Dark Age of Kali Yuga is the vessel, filled with the wine of sex; the mind is the drinker. Anger is the cup, filled with emotional attachment; egotism is the bartender. Drinking too much in the company of falsehood and greed, one is ruined. So let good deeds be your distillery, and let Truth be the molasses you ferment; make the most excellent wine of Truth. Make virtue your bread, good conduct the ghee, and modesty the dish of meat. By becoming a Gurmukh, these are obtained, O Nanak; consuming them, evil and corruption depart (sggs 553).
· Kaayaa laahani aap mad majlas trisnaa dhaat.......: The body is the bottle, self-conceit is the wine, and desire is the company of drinking buddies. The glass of the mind’s longing is filled to overflowing with falsehood; the Messenger of Death is the bartender. Drinking in this wine, O Nanak, one takes on countless vices and corruption. So make spiritual wisdom your molasses, and the Praise of God your bread; let the Love of God be the dish of meat. O Nanak, this is the true food; let the True Name be your only Support. || 2 || If the human body is the pitcher, and Self-realization is the wine, then the Ambrosial Nectar streams down. Joining the Sat Sangat, the glass of the Lord’s Love is filled with this Ambrosial Nectar; drinking it in, one’s evil and corruption are eradicated (sggs 553).
· Jo dhoojai bhaae saakuth kaamunaa arathh dhurugu(n)dhh suraevudhae so nihuful subh agiaan: The faithless cynics in their love of duality and sensual desires, harbor foul-smelling urges. They are totally useless and ignorant (sggs 734).
However, unfortunately, in order to gratify corrupt senses and deluded mind, the material seekers do not hesitate to blame, charge or label even gurus for things they never did! We are "Kache" (unripe or false); and in this state of "Kach Nikach" (falsest of the false) we eat and drink Abhakh (unnatural diet) and label our gurus for doing the same. This is how the man's corrupt and stubborn passion for sensuousness is! The Gurbani reveals to us that this sense-slavery cannot stop until one abides in the Naam.
· Bedu parhe mukhi meethee baanee. Jeeaan kuhat na sangai praanee: With his mouth, he recites the scriptures in sweet musical measures, and yet he does not hesitate to take the lives of others (sggs 201).
· Rojaa dharai manaavai Alahu suaadati jeea sanghaarai. Aapaa dekhi avar nahee dekhai kaahe kayu jhakh maarai: You keep your fasts to please Allah, while you murder other beings for pleasure. You look after your own interests, and so not see the interests of others. What good is your word? (sggs 483).
· Deesut maas n khaae bilaaee. Mehaa kusaab shhuree satt paaee. Kurunehaar prubh hirudhai voot(h)aa. Faathhee mushhulee kaa jaalaa thoottaa: The cat sees the meat, but does not eat it, and the great butcher throws away his knife; the Lord abides in the heart; the net holding the fish breaks apart (sggs 898).
We can become pure on the inside by following the injunctions of the scriptures; which include many regulations. If one has lifted himself to the transcendental state of Baabaa Nanak, he is Jeevan Mukata; thereby none of the regulations apply to him. Otherwise, the underlying message of the following verses applies to rest of us.
· Jo priyaa maane tin kee reesaa. Koore moorakh kee haatheesaa - The mortal competes with those who have been accepted by the Beloved Lord. This is how stubborn the false fool is (sggs 738).
· Hari bin kashu na lagayee bhagtan kayu meethaa. Aan suaad sabh feekiyaa kari nirnayu deethaa - Nothing seems sweet to His devotees, except the Lord. All other tastes are bland and insipid; I have tested them and seen them (sggs 708).

Jan 6, 2007
UK
On Vedas And Animal Sacrifice
The only reason this section is included herein is that many Sikhs and otherwise who advocate non-Sattvic or Abhakh diet cite example of Hindu Vedic rituals of animal sacrifice. This sort of citing only indicates the lack of understanding of scriptures on the part of those who cite such examples in this context. Although the purpose of this section is not to expound on Vedas, however, apparently as some people are misusing and misinterpreting their teachings, it does warrant some clarification as to the position of Vedic scriptures in this context.
As previously stated, all beings are in the three modes of material nature namely, goodness, passion, and ignorance. As the purpose of Gurbani is to redeem all men, not just a few selected Sikhs; similarly, the purpose of Vedic scriptures is also to reclaim all men, not only a few selected ones. Therefore, to redeem all conditioned souls, there are eighteen Puraanas. Out of these eighteen Puraanas, six of them are meant for those in the mode of goodness, six of them are meant for those in the mode of passion, and the remaining six of them are meant for persons still in the mode of ignorance. Looking at the two extreme spectrums, for example, the Padam Puraana is written for persons in the mode of goodness, and the Maarkandeya Puraana is written for persons in the mode of ignorance. The description of sacrifice in which a goat may be sacrificed in the presence of the goddess Kaalee is made in the Maarkandeya Puraana. But, as stated above, this Puraana is only meant for people deeply stuck in the mode of ignorance (spiritually blind)!
Thus, according to the Vedic scriptures, slaughtering or sacrificing animals is the act in the mode of utter ignorance! While performing the act of animal-sacrifice, there are some Mantras that need be chanted. If the Pujaaree (priest or Pandit) and the person performing the sacrifice know the true meaning of these Mantras, they will never ever slaughter or sacrifice any animal in their life. The problem is: both Pandit and worshipper do not have the spiritual wisdom needed to realize the true meaning of these Mantras; it is like blind leading blind. In this context, here is a very brief primer by one of the great Vedantists, Bhaktivedaantaa Swami Prabhupaad. One may need to read it a few times to realize the underlying meaning. Ponder it, for it tells about the true teachings of the scriptures.
"It is very difficult for one to give up his attachments all at once. If one is addicted to meat-eating and is suddenly told that he must not eat meat, he can not do so. If one is attached to drinking liquor and suddenly told that the liquor is no good, he can not accept this advice. Therefore in Paraanas we find certain instructions that say in essence, "All right, if you want to eat meat, just worship the goddess Kaali and sacrifice a goat for her. Only then you can eat meat. You cannot eat meat just by purchasing it from the butcher shop. No, there must be sacrifice or restriction." In order to sacrifice a goat to the goddess Kaali, one must make arrangements for a certain date and utilize certain paraphernalia. That type of Pujaa, or worship, is allowed on the night of the dark moon, which means once a month. There are also certain mantraas to be chanted when the goat is being sacrificed. The goat is told, "Your life is being sacrificed before the goddess Kaali; you will therefore be immediately promoted to human form"... The mantraa also says, "You have the right to kill this man who is sacrificing you." The word maamsa (in mantraas) indicates that in his next birth the goat will eat the flesh of the man who is presently sacrificing him. This in itself should bring the goat-eater to his senses. He should consider, "Why am I eating this flesh? Why am I doing this? I will have to repay with my own flesh in another life . "The whole idea is to discourage one from eating meat."
The Gurbani also confirms as follows: Kabeer khoob khaanaa kheecharee jaa mahi amrit lon. Heraa rotee kaarne galaa ktaavai kayun: Kabeer, the dinner of beans and rice (Khicharhee) flavored with salt is excellent. Who would cut his throat (in his next life) to have meat of a killed animal with his bread? (sggs 1374).
Bhai Gurdaas, the ascriber of SGGS, also says in this context: Seeh pajooti Bakkari, maradi hoie harh harh hassi, Ak Dhatura khadian kuh kuh khal ukhal vinassi, Maas Khan gal wad ke, haal tinada kaun hovassi -- Meaning, the goat says, "I was eating Akk and Dhaturar plants (unwanted weed plants) for whole of my life, to which nobody else likes to eat. And even then I am being brutally killed and my skin being ripped, what will happen to those who cut my throat and eat my meat? (Vaar 25-7) .
Now, if one thinks with intuitively balanced mind, he will understand that the act of animal sacrifice mentioned in the Vedic scriptures is not meant for encouraging killing and flesh eating, rather, it is meant for restricting and discouraging one from doing so. In fact, according to the Hindu scriptures, the Lord is confirmed to advocate Bhakh diet. For example, the Lord says: "If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, a fruit, or water, I will accept it" (Gita 9-26). Here the Lord did not say: "Offer me meat and wine"!
· "When the food is pure, the whole nature becomes pure; when the nature becomes pure, the memory becomes firm; and when a man is in possession of a firm memory, all the ties are severed" (Veda, Chhandogya Upnishad, VII-xxvi.2).
Along with traditions of the Masters, the Lord in Bible also advocates Sattvic diet. Briefly, a few verses from the Bible are cited herein. "But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood there of, shall ye not eat" (Genesis 9:4). In Isaiah (1:5), the Bible states: "Saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of arms, and fat of fed beasts, or of lambs, or of he-goats. When ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: ye, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear, for your hands are full of blood." Particularly about killing cows, this is what the Bible has to say: "He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man" (Isaiah 66:3).
Muslim scripture Quraan also indicates that the ideal situation is pure Sattvic diet. In Sura 2-22, it states: "Who has made the earth your couch, and the havens your canopy; and sent down rain from the sky; and brought forth therewith fruits as your food for your sustenance; then do not set up rivals to God when ye know (the truth)." In Sura 2-25, the Quraan states: "And give glad tidings to those who believe and do good works, that theirs are Gardens underneath which rivers flow; as often as they are regaled with food of the fruits thereof, thay say : This is what was given us aforetime; and it is given to them in resemblance; there for them are pure companions; there for ever they abide". In fact, to a spiritually wise, Quraan makes it very clear "It is not their meat nor their blood, that reaches God: it is your piety or devotion that reaches Him (Sura XXII-37).
As we can see, there is no problems with the scriptures. All problems are with majority of us (99.9 percent category); who, in spiritual blindness, claim to be equal to Guru-God. By doing so, we have either forgotten or corrupted the sublime essence of the teachings of the world Masters. Also in the West, where there is tremendous emphasis on unnatural or Abhakh diet, the greed of multi-national corporations, special interest groups and their lobbyists have totally corrupted the essence of the teachings of their Masters.
The Higher Taste: Moving From Animal To Divine Consciousness
Perhaps now one can appreciate as to why we are so much discouraged by the scriptures and spiritual beings from eating unnatural or Abhakh diet: it adds to our Kaarmic debt (Lekhaa). If there is a cause, there is an effect. For every Karma or activity (cause), there is a re-action or result (effect). Every debt must be paid off by the doer sooner or later. This is the law that brings back the results of one's actions to him. There is no escape from it. That's why Kabeer Saahib says: Kabeer khoob khaanaa kheecharee jaa mahi amrit lon. Heraa rotee kaarne galaa ktaavai kayun: Kabeer, the dinner of beans and rice (Khicharhee) flavored with salt is excellent. Who would cut his throat (in his next life) to have meat with his bread? (sggs 1374).
· Kirat payiaa na metai koyi: Past actions cannot be erased (sggs 154).
The job of the spiritual masters and the scriptures is to discourage us from accumulating more Kaarmic debt, not other way around! The departure of sense-slavery makes room for inner purity. Once the seeker has developed his inner-purity, the mind grows richer in its receptivity, alertness, comprehension, and in its power of apprehension. Such a mind becomes fit for plunging into the study of scriptures, and thereby, appreciating the Higher taste of Lord's Name. Through the sincere practice of attaching our attention to the Higher taste, one can certainly detach from the lower tastes.
If one lives by a constant thought-current as "I am the Self", he can not be lured or attracted by the sense objects. On the contrary, if one's continuous memory is "I am the flesh or matter", he is merely a slave of his senses. In such a conditioned stage, all he can think of is material objects such as foods, sleep, wine, lust, etc.
· Raini gavaayee soyi kai divis gavaayiyaa khaayi. Heere jaisaa janam hai kayudee badle jaayi - The nights are wasted sleeping, and the days are wasted eating. Human life is such a precious jewel, but it is being lost in exchange for a mere shell (sggs 156).
The purpose of life is not to meditate on relishes, drinks, etc. According to the Gurbani, the only purpose of this precious human life is to re-establish our lost relationship with our True Nature, Pure Consciousness. The journey to realize this goal begins at the mode of goodness (Sato Guna). Accordingly, the mode of goodness is not an end by itself; it is just the beginning. Hence, the aim should be to move upward to this more uplifting quality of the material nature. Uncondusive diet, actions, habits, tendencies and desires related to Raajsic and Taamsic qualities will not aid in achieving this goal. If one keeps gratifying senses and hope to realize God, he is in utter illusion.
The level of intelligence of an utterly foolish person is generally compared with that of a donkey. Poor donkey! For example, if some one acts in foolishness, he takes the risk of being called "Gadhaa" or "Khotaa" (donkey). Also, if a child behaves or acts foolishly, parents or teachers may call him "Gadhaa" or "Khotaa" to make the point. It is interesting to note that, if you place liquor in front of a donkey, he will smell it but walk away without tasting it! Similarly, if the same donkey is offered a meat dish, again, he will smell it but walk away without tasting it! However, the man, who thinks himself to be the most intelligent, will consume both!
According to the Gurbani, cruelty is one of the four rivers of fires. Falling into it, one is sure to get burnt. Materialistic living and cruelty go hand-in-hand. The reason a cruel person practices cruelty or violence to others is that he does not see One God in all Jeevas or beings. Under the spell of false ego or spiritual ignorance, he has no sense of Oneness.
· Hansu het lobh kop chaare nadiaa agg. Pavahi dajhai Nanakaa tareeai karmee lagg: Cruelty, material attachment, greed and anger are the four rivers of fire. Falling into them, one is burned, O Nanak! One is saved only by holding tight to good deeds (sggs 147).
· Kubudhi dummnee kudayaa kasaain par nindaa ghat choohree muthee krodh chandaal: False-mindedness is the drummer-woman; cruelty is the butcheress; slander of others in one's heart is the cleaning-woman, and deceitful anger is the outcast-woman (sggs 91).
In fact, according to the Gurbani, there is no difference between killing of an animal and killing of a spiritual person and a daughter; as well as accepting food from an evil doer. Such person, according to the Gurbani, becomes subjected to leprosy of curses, criticism, and egotism. Further, the Gurbani identifies the sense of cruelty and unfeeling to the Jammdoot (the messenger of death). Clearly, by practicing cruelty to other beings, one can not lift himself to the mode of goodness; which is the beginning point of devotion (Bhagti)!
· Brahman kailee ghaat kanjkaa anchaaree kaa dhaan. Phittak phittak kor badeeaa sadaa sadaa abhimaan - He who kills a spiritual person, a cow and a daughter, and accepts the food of an evil person, he is cursed with the leprosy of curses and criticism; he is forever and ever to be filled with egotistical pride (sggs 1413).
· Bin prabh koyi na raakhanhaar mahaa bikat jam bhayaa - Without God, there is no saving grace; the Messenger of Death is cruel and unfeeling (sggs 47).
In human society, there are basically two types of diseases. The main disease is spiritual (disease of soul), and the other pertains to the body (bodily diseases). Saatvic diet is one of the means that can help cure the disease of the soul.
The Bhagti-Yoga involves many principles which need to be adhered to. One of the principles involves following strict Saatvic diet. The whole process of Yoga (union with God) is to purify us. Eating habits as to how much and what to eat is an integral part of this purification. Therefore, to become a spiritual man, one needs not to give up eating, but he has to adjust his eating habits.
However, one must extremely be alert and vigilant. If one adheres to a Saatvic diet at its highest standard, but if he stops right there without following other principles of Bhagti, and if he is devoid of Name, then his spiritual progress is sure to stop right there as well. For this reason, the Saatvic diet should not be considered an end by itself, but an indispensable means to the end. This is what the Masters has tried to explain in the Gurbani to different people, in different circumstances, different environment, at different occasions and times. Unfortunately, the Masters have to use our limited language to explain the Unlimited Truth. Without intuitive reasoning and discrimination, one is subject to confusion and ambiguity about the sublime essence of the teaching of the Masters.
Once we advance in spirituality, bad habits will gradually go away. This is a sure process. Where there is a light, darkness can not and will not stay there. Once we develop a Higher taste of God consciousness, the other tastes of mundane objects will have no appeal to us. Without the Higher taste, we will be subjected to sense-salvery (i.e., animal consciousness).
· Rasnaa Hari ras chaakh muye jeeyo an ras saad gavaaye - Taste the sublime essence of the Lord with your tongue, my dear, and renounce the pleasures of other tastes (sggs 246).
· Ram ras peeyaa re. Jih ras bisar gaye ras or - I drink in the sublime essence of the Lord. With the taste of this essence, I have forgotten all other tastes (sggs 337).
· Raaraa ras niras kar jaaniyaa. Hoyi niras su ras pahichaaniyaa. Ih ras chhade oh ras aavaa. Oh ras peeyaa ih ras nahee bhaavaa - I have found worldly tastes to be tasteless. Becoming tasteless, I have realized that spiritual taste. Abandoning these worldly tastes, I have found that spiritual taste. Drinking in that (Higher) taste, this taste of mundane objects is no longer pleasing (sggs 342).
· Ann ras chookai Hri ras man vasaaye - One forgets other relishes when he enshrines God's name in his mind (sggs 115).
The spiritual guides have asserted that the physical health, mental harmony, and all-round happiness depend primarily upon one's inner thought-habits and not upon his outer luxury or pleasures. Therefore, the basic question to ask oneself is: Can I attain self-improvement and spiritual-unfoldment by a non-saatvic frame of mind? The Gurbani provides us with an authoritative answer: No! Baabaa Nanak says:

Brothers and sisters - I hope you will all find this enlightening.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
ek musafir ji could you please show me a full shabad in guru granth sahib
which clearly says not to eat meat.all the above you have posted are single lines
from different shabads.to understand guru granth sahib one has to read
full shabad to understand the essence of gurbani.if we all start using single lines from guru granth sahib then we will end nowhere.majority of single lines you have posted in suppot of vegetarianism has nothing to do with the issue of diet they are already being discussed in the following essay

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/essays-on-sikhism/8828-fools-who-wrangle-over-flesh.html

if you are really interested in the topic of veg and non veg then please read the entire debate in the above link.

btw if by using single lines someone can prove that guru granth sahib says not to eat meat then by using single line i can also prove that eating buttered bread is also wrong according to guru granth sahib.

ਜਿਨਾ ਖਾਧੀ ਚੋਪੜੀ ਘਣੇ ਸਹਨਿਗੇ ਦੁਖ ॥੨੮॥
जिना खाधी चोपड़ी घणे सहनिगे दुख ॥२८॥
jinaa khaaDhee choprhee ghanay sehnigay dukh. ||28||
Those who eat buttered bread, will suffer in terrible pain. ||28||sggs1379

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
S|kH

It's a real shame that this thread was set up, it has divided even more of us, and has resulted in allot of counterproductive posts. In the future, perhaps all of us on SPN will reconsider making these types of threads. It does not help anyone. Thanks.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
ek musafir ji could you please show me a full shabad in guru granth sahib
which clearly says not to eat meat.all the above you have posted are single lines
from different shabads.to understand guru granth sahib one has to read
full shabad to understand the essence of gurbani.if we all start using single lines from guru granth sahib then we will end nowhere.majority of single lines you have posted in suppot of vegetarianism has nothing to do with the issue of diet they are already being discussed in the following essay

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/essays-on-sikhism/8828-fools-who-wrangle-over-flesh.html

if you are really interested in the topic of veg and non veg then please read the entire debate in the above link.

btw if by using single lines someone can prove that guru granth sahib says not to eat meat then by using single line i can also prove that eating buttered bread is also wrong according to guru granth sahib.

Some great points KDS.

Ehk Musafir sounds like a chap called Hari Singh on Sikhi Wiki whom colleagues of mine defeated in a debate over the issue of taking one liners from Bani and proclaiming it as the divine truth. This is something Brahmanistic Sant-Mat organisation like GNNSJ etc employ.............it is really sad they should resort to such dire tactics, and make Bani look like a cheap A-la-carte menu. The systematic dismemberment of the Angs from these groups is deplorable.:down:

The Sant-Mat propaganda posted by Ekh Musafir Ajnabi start with:

In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, people have faces like dogs;
they eat dead animals for food. They bark and speak, telling only lies;
Dharma and Vichaar have left them. Those who have no honor while alive,
will have an evil reputation after they die (sggs 1242).

This is clearly a mistranslation. There is no mention of "dead animals":

Again, let us put this into context:
salok mehlaa 1.
kal ho-ee kutay muhee khaaj ho-aa murdaar.
koorh bol bol bha-ukanaa chookaa Dharam beechaar.
jin jeevandi-aa pat nahee mu-i-aa mandee so-ay.
likhi-aa hovai naankaa kartaa karay so ho-ay.

Shalok, First Mehl:
In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, people have faces like dogs; they eat rotting carcasses for food.
They bark and speak, telling only lies; all thought of righteousness has left them.
Those who have no honor while alive, will have an evil reputation after they die.
Whatever is predestined, happens, O Nanak; whatever the Creator does, comes to pass.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji

At first glance one notices that this paragraph is clearly a metaphor for people who behave like dogs. The dog is a scavenger, hunts in packs, fights within its pack, eats practically anything it can find etc etc. This entire Ang talks about people greed and those that lack honour when they are alive.

The second point to note is the mistranslation. Murdaar is not the word for meat. Murdaar is a reference to people who are dead. In other words people are acting so much like dogs that when people have died they gather round to get as much as they can. A good analogy would be inheritance, where is some instances people try and contest them or try and grab for themselves as much as they can. In India, it has not been unusual to murder siblings of inheritance disputes. In fact the word Murder in the English language has come from the word Murdaar.

This Sant-Mat propaganda starts with this clear lie...........so how do we trust the rest of it? A real shame......mods take note.

Jan 6, 2007
UK
Randip Singh ji,

Many thanks for your kind insults.
Wow! I have read your articles with great interest. You are gem among the Sikh community. How can Sikhs go astray when we have such a knowledgeable genius among us. I apologize for the anguish I may have caused you as it seems that this particular topic is so close to your heart. Why should it not be you have spent nearly 5 months compiling it.

I am now fully convinced that meat is not forbidden in Sikh religion.

Since you have done so much research into this topic. Perhaps you could now enlighten me as to in how many verses, tukan's etc our gurus have said that you can eat meat and that eating meat will not prohibit you from achieving unity with god. It will save me a lot of hassle.

Again apologies for mis-spelling your good name Randip = Light, Ranjit = victory. But light does have a downside to its characteristics, it harbours’’ darkness at its feet.

I look forward to your offerings

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
In this context, What is meat? I mean definition!
Just read Guru nanak ji in SGGS..." ( OH Pandit..) You dont even know the difference between the Ganna ( Sugarcane) and Meat !!! and here may i add that we, the SIKHS also "dont know" the differences between Ganna and and Meat..or we wouldnt be arguing on this non-issue. Guur nanak ji Sahib's question is a "rhetoricla question"..that means a question that requires NO ANSWER becasue its common sense and everybody knows the answer. Thus the answer is that there is NO DIFFERENCE between Vege and Meat..BOTh are MATTER composed of the same things and fit in with NATURE. in NATURE there is a FOOD CHAIN..and everything fits in !!!

Gyani jarnail Singh

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Randip Singh ji,

Many thanks for your kind insults.
Wow! I have read your articles with great interest. You are gem among the Sikh community. How can Sikhs go astray when we have such a knowledgeable genius among us. I apologize for the anguish I may have caused you as it seems that this particular topic is so close to your heart. Why should it not be you have spent nearly 5 months compiling it.

I am now fully convinced that meat is not forbidden in Sikh religion.

Since you have done so much research into this topic. Perhaps you could now enlighten me as to in how many verses, tukan's etc our gurus have said that you can eat meat and that eating meat will not prohibit you from achieving unity with god. It will save me a lot of hassle.

Again apologies for mis-spelling your good name Randip = Light, Ranjit = victory. But light does have a downside to its characteristics, it harbours’’ darkness at its feet.

I look forward to your offerings

You reallyb are a piece of work:

1) You accuse me of Manmat and then when I reply in kind you accuse me of insults.

2) I demonstrate how from the first line of the Sant Mat propaganda that you have misused the word Murdaar as meaning dead animals, when clearly it means the dead. A subtle but very clear difference.

3) I also demostrate that you have twisted a metaphor to support a Brahminist - Vaishnav Agenda. The only purpose of this can be to split Sikhs.

4) KDS has asked the question about using 1 liners from Shabads. This deplorable practice used in the Sant Mat propaganda you posted totally twists the meaning of Bani.

5) KDS has demonstrated a 1 liner from Bani:

ਜਿਨਾ ਖਾਧੀ ਚੋਪੜੀ ਘਣੇ ਸਹਨਿਗੇ ਦੁਖ ॥੨੮॥
जिना खाधी चोपड़ी घणे सहनिगे दुख ॥२८॥

Explain this O knower of all knowledge?

Given these points how can anyone take you seriously. You sound like Hari Singh from Sikhi Wiki (who throes the proverbial toys out of the pram when he lost a debate against friends of mine who are both 18).

One final point, I have no interest in trying to enlighten you.....as you have said I represent Darkness, and for you I will always represent Darkness. Infact I am glad I can bring darkness to such un-Sikh views and cover them is a shroud of darkness.

Best Wishes

Jan 6, 2007
UK
Randip Singh ji,

In due course I will give you an answer to all your questions. I am not here on a battleground with you, there is no winning and no loosing issue here. At least not from my side. It is my belief that you article is giving a wrong message to the young generation. This will eventually come out in the wash. There is no need to be hot headed. Plz contain your anger.

" You cannot insult me because i am not looking for parise from you" - quote by a saint.

I again reiterate, since you have done so much research into Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Can you provide any verses, tukan's etc where our gurus have said that you can eat meat and that eating meat will not prohibit you from achieving unity with god.

"My comment to the question where this all started from was - If you are following the path of salvation/enlightenment, then one should not indulge in eating meat as it becomes a hurdle in the your path" and that this is my personal experience. I do not remember the exact quote but it was to this effect. It was not regarding your favourite topic. I believe you have mis-undertood me.

Let us leave the past in the past and move forward. I hope you will agree.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: