• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Marry Indian Men And Save Russia, Says Feminist

clarkejoey

SPNer
Oct 3, 2007
Belize City, Belize
i think you'd be surprised at how much west indian food has in common with east indian food. :)

(goat curry comes to mind...)

True enough. But though the dishes may be the same, but the methods/ingredients are usually quite different. What passes for curry in these parts leaves subcontinental visitors baffled.

There use to be a tendency of Westindian players having "stomach bugs" (mediaspeak for diarrhea) whenever they toured India; and the funny thing is, many victims were the indo-westindians!

Apr 4, 2007
True enough. But though the dishes may be the same, but the methods/ingredients are usually quite different. What passes for curry in these parts leaves subcontinental visitors baffled.

There use to be a tendency of Westindian players having "stomach bugs" (mediaspeak for diarrhea) whenever they toured India; and the funny thing is, many victims were the indo-westindians!

actually, after a year or two outside of india, most of the indians i know get stomach bugs when they go back to india. :)

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
i think you'd be surprised at how much west indian food has in common with east indian food. :)

(goat curry comes to mind...)

Well kelly you will also surprised to know that our neighbour pakistan has produced world's quickest bowlers.Despite everything same much more better facilities billions of rupees,India has not been able to produce fast bowlers.The only theory that' look's acceptable is large intake of red meat by pakistani's mainy goat meat and beef while in india plenty of people are vegetarians and non veg people too eat meat once or twice.Soi
only reason for shameful performance is indian diet.

Also west indian's are blacks and black's always dominate atheletic sports .All the marathon runnuer champions are from kenya

Apr 4, 2007
Well kelly you will also surprised to know that our neighbour pakistan has produced world's quickest bowlers.Despite everything same much more better facilities billions of rupees,India has not been able to produce fast bowlers.The only theory that' look's acceptable is large intake of red meat by pakistani's mainy goat meat and beef while in india plenty of people are vegetarians and non veg people too eat meat once or twice.Soi
only reason for shameful performance is indian diet.

Also west indian's are blacks and black's always dominate atheletic sports .All the marathon runnuer champions are from kenya

hmm... then indian cricket should be dominated by punjabis and muslims, as they eat more meat than other indians, right? :)

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
hmm... then indian cricket should be dominated by punjabis and muslims, as they eat more meat than other indians, right? :)

Cricket is game for everybody.For people with short height,tall height athletes,non athlets
So in other departments vegetarians can do mastery.But for fast bowling you need super fitness ,very good physique,aggression.Let me give you example of west indies.West indies was very good cricket team and plenty of indian batsmen played for it.But fast bowling department was complitely dominated by blacks.There was not even a single indian fast bowler so it means that blacks have an edge over indians in west indies in fast bowling.

Your question is very much valid.Imran khan the pakistani fast bowling genious said that india has best chance of finding sikh fast bowler from punjab.

And Btw at present 3 out of 5 indian medium fast bowlers are muslims and 1 keralite hindu/christian who eat plenty of meat

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
lOT OF GOOD DISSCUSION !

Yes Pakistani are really very good at fast bowling and its no brainer it need lot of muscle mass and for that good diet ( very obvious physical difference is visible between pakistani and indian player , you can notice it in even currently going test series)

Diet in pakistan is so non veg as compared to indian punjabi you just cant imagine , you have to live with them to know this . I got a chance to live and cook with them in London and i was surprised to know they put meat in each and every dish , there dishes goes like this BINDI GHOSTT , KERELA GHOSTT,DAAL GOSTT.......

and in India PUNJABI cook the exactly same dishes without GHOSTT( meat) its like BINDI<,KERELA, DAAL or sometime Aloo ( pataoes ) are added instead of GHOSTT

One more reason is that coaching at basic level is lacking for fast bowlers as most of the Indian Icons like Kumble are more of Spinner ( although a high brid one!!) so trend is not there for fast bowlers

clarkejoey

SPNer
Oct 3, 2007
Belize City, Belize
I wonder what our Russian feminist would think of where this thread has led!

Interesting, but historically, the major food of caribbean blacks has been starchy stuff: yams, breadfruit & ackees (brought here by Bligh), with only a chunk of salted codfish or a couple bacon rashers for protein. In Trinidad they call it "blue food" A lot of caribbean dishes associated with afro-caribbeans are one-pot type: stew peas (red beans, dumplings, and bits of pork or beef 3rd quarters), and the like. And yet, we did produce that one spurt of great cricketers, and we have churned out both large body-mass boxers, bowlers and bobsledders :), and lithe, strong sprinters, batsmen, burglars and dancehall artists.

That said, i guess we do have a higher meat content in our diets than your average indian.

kds ji, i don't know if you've noticed the new indo-Caribbean left-handed fastbowler Ravi Rampaul (from Trinidad). He's quite fast, and well built. I don't know much about his background, but his name suggests hindu. I acknowledge that he's unusual enough to notice, but maybe he's the beginning of a blending.

Maybe one day we'll have a couple caribbean whites back in the team!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
lOT OF GOOD DISSCUSION !

Yes Pakistani are really very good at fast bowling and its no brainer it need lot of muscle mass and for that good diet ( very obvious physical difference is visible between pakistani and indian player , you can notice it in even currently going test series)

Diet in pakistan is so non veg as compared to indian punjabi you just cant imagine , you have to live with them to know this . I got a chance to live and cook with them in London and i was surprised to know they put meat in each and every dish , there dishes goes like this BINDI GHOSTT , KERELA GHOSTT,DAAL GOSTT.......

and in India PUNJABI cook the exactly same dishes without GHOSTT( meat) its like BINDI<,KERELA, DAAL or sometime Aloo ( pataoes ) are added instead of GHOSTT

One more reason is that coaching at basic level is lacking for fast bowlers as most of the Indian Icons like Kumble are more of Spinner ( although a high brid one!!) so trend is not there for fast bowlers

here is the very good article about comparision of fast bowlers

Chowk: : Fast Bowling Resources India & Pakistan

There are four theories that prevail in the Pakistani cricket circles that outline the reasons for Pakistan producing fast men consistently rather then India. Rahul Bhattachariya outlines these in his book, Pundits from Pakistan, in his interview with Aqib Javed, the theories have been put forward by many people in Pakistan cricket at different times, including Imran Khan, but Aqib has put them together in his role as academy coach and under 19’s team coach in the last four years.

The four theories are based on four elements of fast bowling. To be a fast bowler you need to have, it goes without saying, speed, but in order to generate speed you generally need to have a physique suitable for bowling fast, aggression i.e. the mental make up of a bowler, willingness to bowl fast, once again mental side of things and stamina and desire, and culture and a system of grooming fast bowling. So we understand that most of these four factors, if not all of them, make up a fast bowlers along with the natural ability or talent, which is a given for any sport. A closer inspection of these factors one by one reveals the reasons for them being in an individual or not and its impact on the ability to bowl fast consistently.

Physique; no one can argue that you need a certain kind physical shape to be successful fast bowler; big broad shoulders, long legs and long arms make the art of fast bowling much easier. Lillie, Thomson, Holding, Garner, Roberts even Imran and Wasim had these qualities. Imran for long advocated that if Pakistan cricket authorities can extend the game into NWFP, especially the “agencies like Waziristan” then they will have a never ending assembly line of fast bowlers, as Pathan tribesmen living in those areas are physically very strong and ****** minded (literally that is the area where Osama Bin Ladin is arguably hiding and those tribesmen, or some of them, have been fighting US and Pakistan forces for years, they also fought USSR and eventually resulted in its collapse) and physical strength comes naturally to them. Cricket has seen a urbanized version of that in Shahid Afridi, who is a tribesman by origin but lived in Karachi for most part of his life, as a spinner he bowls his faster delivery at almost 80 mph. ( in one game against South Africa couple of years ago, his quicker delivery was quicker then Shaun Pollock’s average speed, he also bowled a quick bouncer to Brian Lara in 2005 in Wes Indies and in second innings of Faisalabad test in the recently concluded series, he took the new ball as the match was heading towards a draw and consistently bowled at 130 kmph albeit with a non coherent action) Shahid Afridi encompasses the brute force that tribal people can bring to cricket. But, tribal areas have not contributed any fast bowlers to Pakistan cricket so far, although it seems like a good plan for future, but so far their contribution is nil, and what about bowlers like Waqar, Shoib Akhtar, Sami and Malcolm Marshal none of them were very tall or big, but, quick nonetheless. On the Indian side, the fastest bowler to emerge in India for the last ten years is Agarkar, not a physical specimen of typical fast bowler shape. Although being tall and big helps, but is not necessarily the only reason for being a fast bowler. Lets not forget that Abbey Kuruvilla, Venkatesh Prasad and Debashish Mohanty were all tall and had the build of fast bowlers but could only bowl medium pace.

The next factor is aggression, how do you become aggressive and cut an intimidating picture in the field. Certainly many factors contribute to that and so far there has not been any conclusive research or psycho analysis done on fast bowlers’ mentality and origins of their aggressive behavior and nature, but Pakistani fast bowlers have pointed to one factor when speaking about Indian fast bowlers aggressiveness or lack of it. It is suggested that the reason why Pakistan produces aggressive, intimidating fast bowlers and India does not, is that Pakistanis consume lot of red meat, where as most Indians don’t. Proteins can be acquired from other sources as well, but it is said that red meat gives you a certain kind of aggressiveness and that is why bowlers like Waqar and Shoib can skittle out wickets on the basis of their presence. Once again a glance around the cricketing world gives some credence to this theory, most, traditionally, fast bowler producing countries are all red meat eating countries like Australia, South Africa and West Indies. Two of the recently aggressive Indian bowlers are both Muslims, presuming red meat eating, Irfan Pathan and Zaheer Khan.

Going by this, India has almost 150 million Muslims and many other ethnicities that eat red meat, Sikhs and Christians included, yet they have not produced fast bowlers, the only genuine fast bowler actually came from South India, generally a vegetarian region, although he did have the physique. Speaking about aggressive behavior and intent, what about Greg Chappel (a vegetarian), Saurav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag and Anil Kumble, although not fast bowlers but they have aggression aplenty.

The first two aspects raise an important question, if we assume both of the afore mentioned theories to be true, including Imran’s view on tribal Pathans being suitable to fast bowling, where can India find their next real fast bowler.

Both Imran and Aqib have said many times that the best chance of Indians finding a genuine fast bowlers lies in there northern areas, mainly Punjab, where the vast majority is of Sikhs, generally physically stronger and aggressive in nature, much like there counterparts in Pakistani Punjab that has almost exclusively produced fast bowlers in last 25 years or so, the only exception being Mohammed Sami. Sikhs eat red meat and growing in vast planes and farms makes them used to hard work and physically stronger, a pre requisite for fast bowling. But, as opposed to Pakistani Punjab, India has produced, aggressive, stylish, good looking and cunning players in the shape of Bishen Singh Bedi, Maninder Singh, Navjot Singh Sidhu and Yuvraj Singh. But none of them ever bawled fast. This is where the third theory comes into its own. Desire and willingness to bowl fast, it emanates from the basic principle of hard work, fast bowling is the hardest job in cricket along with wicket keeping. But, what makes people work hard, there are as many answers to this question as there are reasons for it not happening. But, what really encourages youngsters to work hard and take up something, which is as difficult and tiring as fast bowling. It is the urge to emulate your idols, to be some one you see in action and want to be like them. Images in a youngsters mind pretty much determine which way the kid will go. Although the Indian Punjab has all the elements of Pakistani Punjab, but, what they lacked is the critical aspect, an Idol. When every one in Pakistan wanted to run in like Imran Khan and bowl those lovely in swingers, imagining a lithe body, fair complexion, high jump and the ability to not only bowl over batmen but also women and cricket administrators, youngsters in the Indian Punjab were watching Bishen Singh Bedi weaving his web with flight and subtlety of spin bowling. Imran Khan, as much for his ability to bowl fast and his glamorous looks, proved to be a huge influence on how fast bowling was perceived in this region, which only produces mud baked heartbreaking batting tracks.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
kds ji, i don't know if you've noticed the new indo-Caribbean left-handed fastbowler Ravi Rampaul (from Trinidad). He's quite fast, and well built. I don't know much about his background, but his name suggests hindu. I acknowledge that he's unusual enough to notice, but maybe he's the beginning of a blending.

Ravi rampal is rookie and still struggling very much.WHen i saw him i told my brother there is no other bad days of cricket team when its start picking Indian fast bowlers.

clarkejoey

SPNer
Oct 3, 2007
Belize City, Belize
Ravi rampal is rookie and still struggling very much.WHen i saw him i told my brother there is no other bad days of cricket team when its start picking Indian fast bowlers.

A lot of caribbean cricket fans would agree. But i saw Rampaul in Trinidad and he's got potential... maybe if the management was a little better. Let's say you would never mistake him for Wasim, but as things go these days, a strong guy who can put it on a good length 4 times in 6 is worthy of a place.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
A lot of caribbean cricket fans would agree. But i saw Rampaul in Trinidad and he's got potential... maybe if the management was a little better. Let's say you would never mistake him for Wasim, but as things go these days, a strong guy who can put it on a good length 4 times in 6 is worthy of a place.

To assess a fast bowlers performence you need atleast 3-4 years.There is very high chance that fast bowler injured himself.Fitness is the key of fast bowling.

Btw do you know about south african black fast bowler makhaya ntini.He is extremely fit.His rehat of village prescribe running 10 kms every morning and before bowling testimatches he actually runs 10 kms.What an extreme fitness he has running 10 kms and then bowling for full day .

clarkejoey

SPNer
Oct 3, 2007
Belize City, Belize
Agreed - Ntini's fitness makes him an exemplar to any athlete, but chaps in his own sport should take more note of him: he's almost never injured, and puts a lot into every ball in every over of every game.

Apr 4, 2007
There is already a kashmiri fast bowler in domestic indian cricket who bowls fast.Due to conflict kashimir is not aable to produce fast bowlers

oh ya, i nearly forgot about the political problems...

a friend of mine who was born in kashmir made the indian national hockey team and was forced to resign because the GOI wouldn't give him a passport. apparently it's difficult for kashmiri born indians to get documents in a timly fashion. i guess that would create big problems for atheletes who need to travel often!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
oh ya, i nearly forgot about the political problems...

a friend of mine who was born in kashmir made the indian national hockey team and was forced to resign because the GOI wouldn't give him a passport. apparently it's difficult for kashmiri born indians to get documents in a timly fashion. i guess that would create big problems for atheletes who need to travel often!

Yes apart from this kashmir has very few facilities to produce good atheletes

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
If I were to marry a Russian woman and have her follow me everywhere, all the pleasant smiles I get from Punjabi women would be extinguished. And this is something I am not willing to give up. Their smiles make my days pleasant.

You want to see the bimbo type "Punjabi air heads" in the UK. You will change your mind quickly...lol

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Dalsingh Ji,

I guess by living amongst Malaysian Punjabis, I'm in heaven.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: