• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Marriage

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
hey all.

I was buddhist until recently where i became Sikh.

I did so because my future wife is Sikh, and i wanted to marry her.

HOWEVER.

Nobe of my family is Sikh, and i have never been to a Gudwara, and i have never seen a Sikh marriage before. of course, i have read about it in websites and all that.

It is completely different to think about doing it for real.

So, what should I do? I have a bit of apprehension and fear in how this will work out.

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
what are you worried about exactly?
My family is not Sikh. and will have to deal with Sikhi "things".
as well as indian culture.

Second, i am apprehensive about the actual marriage ceremony, even after reading and seeing narrated descriptions, as well as the more "oral" (IE. not written) things done at Gurdwara. How to bow down, when to offer money, what to do... etc etc.

skeptik

SPNer
Sep 6, 2006
I wouldn't worry too much about that apprehension.. i'm sure most men would feel similar

and the rest of the stuff -- just start going to gurdwara and see how it is done.. you'll feel more comfortable once you been through the rituals

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
My family is not Sikh. and will have to deal with Sikhi "things".
as well as indian culture.

Second, i am apprehensive about the actual marriage ceremony, even after reading and seeing narrated descriptions, as well as the more "oral" (IE. not written) things done at Gurdwara. How to bow down, when to offer money, what to do... etc etc.

Even A Sikh Young man can feel the same as you
Dont worry
There will be lot of people to give you directions all the time ( from the girl family offcourse)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: