• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Manpreet Badal Seeks Resignation By Punjab Dy CM Sukhbir Badal For Misleading On Debt Waiver

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
http://www.punjabnewsline.com/conte...cm-sukhbir-badal-misleading-debt-waiver/24832

Manpreet Badal seeks resignation by Punjab Dy CM Sukhbir Badal for misleading on debt waiver

Punjab Newsline Network
Wednesday, 13 October 2010
By Satinder Bains

CHANDIGARH: Manpreet Singh Badal, former Finance Minister of Punjab who was sacked by Chief Minister for indiscipline Wednesday demanded resignation of SAD president and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal for misleading the people of Punjab on debt waiver issue.

He was supported by four MLA's present with him in the Press confernece at his residence here.

The MLA's rebeled against Sukhbir Badal are Sant Ajit Singh, Charanjit Singh Channi, Manjinder Singh Kang, Jagbir Singh Brar and a former MLA Kushaldeep Singh Dhillon. They all announced support to Manpreet Badal.

Denouncing leadership of Sukhbir Singh Badal, the former FM said that the present Akali Dal is not the real Akali Dal which had came to existance after sacrifices by Taksali Akalis. "This is Akali Dal of Sukhbir Badal", he said. He stated that the state of affairs in the party is such that you cant discuss any issue with in the party.

"You face humiliation and stay in the party.In the last four years many times I was rebuked or my suggestions were not accepted. It has became impossible to work in the government as a team. I no more enjoy the confidence of Chief Minister", he said. He further stated, he decided to leave the government job when his loyalty and integrity was questioned. "I have maintained high standards in my political life and people of Punjab knows it.

The former FM reiterated that Sukhbir Badal told a lie to the people that there was no debt waiver offer by center government. Presenting notings of Chief Minister and Chief Secretary on the related file, Manpreet Badal said that he disucssed the matter with Chief Minsiter who told him to put it before the cabinet. He claimed that on September 19, cabinet was shown power point presentation and all ministers agreed to it with certain suggestions. He said that Chief Secretary has forwarded the file to him, when the Union Finance Minister sent the proposal with certain conditions. The center's proposal was based on report of a core committee formed by Union Finance Minsiter who wasvery generous towards Punjab.

Manpreet Badal while asserting his statement on debt waiver, said "Truth can be held by minority. It is not necessary that majority holds truth". He quoted example of Galilio who first said earth revolves around sun and he was beaten up by the church missionaries. He proved right and it is truth that earth revolves around sun.

He demanded support from the people of Punjab to save Punjab for future generations. "We cant continue to eat up resources of next generations", he said. He declared that if need be he will go to home to home to seek people support to restore credibility of Punjab which was number one state at one time.

Manpreet Badal said that today they were five MLA's but he will ensure that number of like minded MLA's swallow, though it may take little time. He said that as long as Parkash Singh Badal was SAD president, things were going in right direction. He said that he was not aware if he was sacked to pave way for elevation of Sukhbir Badal as Chief Minister. The issue is not Sukhbir vs Manpreet, the real issue is of rising debt over Punjab. He said that Punjab is in debt trap and he wished Punjab Chief Minsiter during next cabinet meeting take a serious decision on debt waiver offer by center government.

Declaring that he cant play a second fiddle to Sukhbir Badal, he concluded the press confernece with the Urdu couplet-"Jis Dhaj Se Koyee Maktal Me Gaya, Woh Shan Salamat Rehti Hai, Jann To Aani Jaani Hai, Jaan Jaati to Koyee Baat Nahi".

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
punjab-map.jpg

"Badalstan" in turmoil - family foundations shaken & cracked!

'They shall reap what they sow' !!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: