• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Man Who Exposed Hondh Chillar Loses Job

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ndh-Chillar-loses-job/articleshow/7690303.cms

JALANDHAR: Manwinder Singh Giaspur, who played a key role in bringing out the Hondh Chillar massacre of Sikhs, has been asked by his Gurgaon-based company to leave the job. Even as his employer denied that the marching orders had anything to do with his involvement in exposing the case, Manwinder said he has even been told to leave the station "for the sake of my own career."

"On Friday, I was told to pack bags by top company bosses and that I should look for another job in the next 10 days. I was also told that company's prestige was alsolinked to my name and the company did not want any controversy. I was told that I should also look for a job at some other station for the sake of my own career growth," he said. Manwinder is working as GM at V&S International Pvt Ltd, engaged in garment exports.

However, a senior company functionary, Ravinder Kumar, who conveyed the decision to him, said bad financial health of the company was the only reason behind the move. "He is otherwise a very good guy and can take upon any responsibility," he added.

Company MD, CP Gaba, said they were downsizing. He denied that issuing the pink slip to Manwinder had anything to do with his involvement in bringing out the massacre. Even as the issue created apolitical storm in Haryana as well as in Punjab and Haryana government had to order a judicial probe into the matter, Gaba denied any knowledge of the issue. He said the company was not concerned with what its functionary was doing in his personal life.

Admitting that firm was in bad financial health, Manwinder however wondered why he alone was issued marching orders. "Asking me to leave the station gives me an inkling about the link between the pink slip and my involvement with Hondh Chillar issue," he said. All India Sikh Students Federation, which first raised the issue along with Manwinder, said it was the duty of SGPC to look into the issue.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
kds1980 ji I am little remote from India due to infrequent visits over the last forty years. Perhaps you can answer from ground-level one of the questions I have as follows,

Do Sikhs really believe that they will ever receive in India, justice or fair treatment in any Civil or Criminal matters going forward in publicly visible incidents?

Sometimes when one is not too close to the situation it appears easier to see and I see that the lot of Sikhs in India will continue to deteriorate and perhaps more rapidly going forward.

The only thing that can positively influence and stop this tragedy would be Sikhs with resources stepping up to help financially and otherwise.

May be some richer Sikhs like the following can contribute,

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/10/billionaires08_Malvinder-Shivinder-Singh_DN7N.html

Such news is very sad to hear.

Regards,

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Ambarsaria ji

Let me correct you KP singh is not a sikh but Hindu jaat
As far sikhs are concerned ,at present outside Punjab there is hardly any major discrimination Sikhs are facing.The image of Sikhs in Cities are more like lala's who have plenty of money.One cannot say that Sikhs are making money if there is severe discrimination.

The above case is different one.The congress party is regularly haunted by 1984 riots mainly after 2002 Gujarat riots so they are trying their level best that people just forget 84 riots.Anybody who will try to raise this issue is going to face the tough time.It is one of the main reason that even sikhs which have money never raise this issue because they don't want to face the music.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
kds1980 ji thanks. I will edit/delete my post for wrong reference.

I do believe there are loaded Sikhs I wish I had the ability to financially help people being persecuted or ill treated, specially minority Sikhs.

Regards and Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM