Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Man Arrested for Throwing water to the WEST instead of the EAST

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by Gyani Jarnail Singh, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

An idea i got from the Blog of Gaganpreet Singh Ji "NirvairKhalsa" who introduced me to the BABIHA BLOG article on TRUE meaning of AMRIT VELA...

can we Imagine this NEWS...

Hardwaar..June 30th 1490.

A Man presumed to be mentally unsound was arrested by the Pandit Association.
    He had entered the Holy Ganga River on the Auspicious Occasion of the Kumbh Mela and instead of following Established Vedanti Maryada followed faithfully by millions for centuries, began to throw water to the WEST instead of to the EAST. A Brahmin lodged a complaint and the Pandit Association will conduct a thorough investiagtion into the matter to get to the bottom of this sacrilege.
    In arelated complaint, it was also beleived this alleged Heretic had also cooked deer's meat on this auspicious and holy day in direct violation of Vedanta Traditions.

Another related News..

Man Arrested in Harmandir sahib for carrying Meat
    Amrtisar: June 30th 2009
    A man was arrested by the Golden temple Authorites for allegedly carrying meat into the Harmandir sahib complex. A Police FIR has been lodged and the Religious authorities are expected to take stern action....

64 million dollar question..have times...the authorities..the Pandits..the Jathedars etc changed over the centuries..since GURU NANAK JI thre water to the WEST in the Kumbh mela at hardwaar...

What do the readers think??

RELATED LINK:BABIHA: Confusing Gurbani words

PS> Sardar gaganpreet Singh ji informs me that he is also a memeber of SPN as "Nirvairkhalsa" but time constraints restrict his active participation in discussions. IMHO we can all benefit a lot from FRESH IDEAS such as those in Babihas blog and Nirvairkhalsa blog. This si the way to REACH out to YOUNGSTERS who cna THINK FREELY instead of BLIND FAITH..annehhee shardha of CLOSED MINDS.:):):):):)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Islam Man Behind Anti-Islam Film Arrested and Held Without Bail Interfaith Dialogues Sep 28, 2012
    India Woman stabs husband 35 times with ice-poker, arrested Breaking News Dec 5, 2011
    Controversial Undeclared ban on “Holocaust Memorial March”; Many Sikh leaders arrested by Punjab Police Hard Talk Jun 1, 2010
    World Three men arrested over suspected human sacrifice in Birbhum, India Breaking News Apr 21, 2010
    Tennessee Woman Arrested for Facebook 'Poke' Information Technology Oct 13, 2009

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

I am choking to death from laughter. You have to stop this. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

4. Astroboy

Astroboy Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Would anybody be arrested for taking 4 lavan in anti-clockwise direction in his/her own marriage ceremony.
    Imagine it happening.....the granthi telling the couple,
    no, no, no, you guys have to go clockwise direction.....and the couple say, but we prefer
    the anti-clockwise direction. We have the power to choose.:rofl!!:

• Like Like x 2
  5. deepsingh87

deepsingh87
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

good point

6. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan

HERETIC !!!! Naam Japp !!! dare you challenge Prampara..traditions...its always done that way..Guru Ji is always on the RIGHT HAND....even though He is EVERYWHERE...he he. Are you trying to get into the "demonise Charts"..now running on other Forums ?? The current Chart Buster is Waheguruseeker..Second comes Gyani jarnail Singh..BOTH HERETICS !! ( This is not a joke ...just looks like one...)

GURU JI gave us a Magnificent RAINBOW...we only prefer to SEE GREEN !!/BLUE/BLACK/RED....:welcome:

7. Astroboy

Astroboy Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor

• Like Like x 2
  8. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

:meditation::meditation::meditation::meditation:

9. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan

Absolutley Fantastic Naam japp ji..a gem.

10. Randip Singh

Randip Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPN Sewadaar
    Historian SPNer Supporter

Excellent post. We are de-evolving into Apes. I am sure now! :happy:

• Like Like x 1
  11. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

You needed proof? :crazy:

12. Astroboy

Astroboy Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor

13. Astroboy

Astroboy Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor

• Like Like x 1
  14. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Nam Jap ji

Thanks...my lack of cultural understanding does prevent me from getting the message. But I will try. Is it something like this. Music can transform us. HIS music makes HER feel like a goddess. No one else is having the same experience because they are wrapped up in the trivia of life.

I have a couple of questions. The woman in the purple sari is a married woman. Is she treading on dangerous territory? What were the men doing at the very end? I didn't get it. Also, I don't like the way men look in turbans, if they don't have beards. For some reason it unsettles me. Forgive any offense. But there are things that a westerner might miss.

My husband also says that I suffer at times from being too specific -- that could be it.