Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Mail Merge with large data base

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by kyle, Nov 19, 2005.

1. kyle

kyle
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I use mail merge to get info stored on my data base onto a word doc so i
    can add stuff unique to that record, however i keep all of the years records
    on one data base and that has now grown to over 800 records and each one has
    about 12 fields that it merges. So each time I mail merge it now takes about
    20 min to get my word report. When i use mail merge i just hit the button on
    the tool bar and dont use any marcos cause i dont really know how. my
    question is, is there an easy to make this go quicker? can i just merge the
    last record that i inputed? I know if i publish it in word as a rich text doc
    i can merge that qucikly but i would like to not have to do that step. thanks!

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sikh News Armed Police Enter Sikh Temple In Birmingham During Protest - Daily Mail Breaking News Sep 12, 2016
    Sikh News Veteran Sikh Soldiers To Inspire Young - Malay Mail Online Breaking News Aug 1, 2016
    Sikh Gmail Calendar Questions and Answers Jul 5, 2016
    UK Daily Mail ISIS entrapment Breaking News Jul 7, 2014
    India India sets up elaborate system to tap phone calls, e-mail Breaking News Jun 20, 2013

3. Sygorny

Sygorny
    Expand Collapse

what version of word are you using

"kyle" wrote:

> Hi, I use mail merge to get info stored on my data base onto a word doc so i
    > can add stuff unique to that record, however i keep all of the years records
    > on one data base and that has now grown to over 800 records and each one has
    > about 12 fields that it merges. So each time I mail merge it now takes about
    > 20 min to get my word report. When i use mail merge i just hit the button on
    > the tool bar and dont use any marcos cause i dont really know how. my
    > question is, is there an easy to make this go quicker? can i just merge the
    > last record that i inputed? I know if i publish it in word as a rich text doc
    > i can merge that qucikly but i would like to not have to do that step. thanks!

4. kyle

kyle
    Expand Collapse

both word and access are 2000. Also for some of the forms that it merge into
    it goes very quickly and takes in the 700+ records almost instantly

"Sygorny" wrote:

> what version of word are you using
    >
    > "kyle" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, I use mail merge to get info stored on my data base onto a word doc so i
    > > can add stuff unique to that record, however i keep all of the years records
    > > on one data base and that has now grown to over 800 records and each one has
    > > about 12 fields that it merges. So each time I mail merge it now takes about
    > > 20 min to get my word report. When i use mail merge i just hit the button on
    > > the tool bar and dont use any marcos cause i dont really know how. my
    > > question is, is there an easy to make this go quicker? can i just merge the
    > > last record that i inputed? I know if i publish it in word as a rich text doc
    > > i can merge that qucikly but i would like to not have to do that step. thanks!