Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Live Now

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by Archived_Member16, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Archived_Member16

Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

Jan 7, 2005
    The past is history, so let it go. The future is a mystery, so let it come. The present is this moment now - a gift. To be truly in the present today, it is useful to release all your fears (based on the past) and your worries (imagined futures) - this is the work of someone who truly wants to awaken, and break free from the anchors and burdens of dead yesterdays and speculative tomorrows. It begins simply - with awareness. See your fears, see your worries, look at them in the face, watch them come and go. Treat them like your children on their way out to play. Let them go. Be here now they say, easier said than done, I hear you say. But no one can stop us, except for ourselves. There is only now - even if you are in planning mode, stay in the present as you plan tomorrow, it's when we drift into tomorrow with our imagination that we succumb to a lazy avoidance of this moment.

2. Loading...