Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Listening to Gurbani while driving??

Discussion in 'Sikh Rehat Maryada' started by guru Daas, Jan 13, 2016.

1. guru Daas

guru Daas Australia
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Wheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh
    Can i listen to & say gurbani while i'm driving a car with my head uncovered & shoes on?Is it alright according to the Rehat Maryada?i'm bit confused about it.

#1 guru Daas, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Look / Speak / Listening to Gurbani / Nitnem ..... Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Oct 26, 2012
    UK Maharaja Ranjit Singh listening to the holy Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji jee Breaking News Feb 13, 2014
    Listening to Instead of Reciting Bani? Questions and Answers Oct 22, 2012
    Confusion over Listening and Reading Jap Ji Sahib Sep 12, 2011
    Listening, Listening. Suniai (Excerpted from SikhChic) Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Feb 17, 2010

3. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Leaving the Rehat Maryada aside for a moment, what do you feel the answer is? And how do you come to that conclusion?

I will say straight up that listening to some bani is better than no bani at all.

4. guru Daas

guru Daas Australia
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

I think the whole point of gurbani is to connect & as long as you are trying to connect to that divine It shouldn't matter.if you go to a gurudwara then obviously you have to & should follow the Rehat Maryada & also if you have free time then you should read the gurbani properly & according to the Regat Maryada but suppose you are working or driving when you can't do everything according to the Rehat Maryada then it shouldn't be a problem I think & as you have said it above that some bani is better than nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

You've answered your own question, Ji. :)