• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Listening To Gurbani While Driving?

Jan 9, 2016
Australia
Wheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh
Can i listen to & say gurbani while i'm driving a car with my head uncovered & shoes on?Is it alright according to the Rehat Maryada?i'm bit confused about it.

Last edited:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Leaving the Rehat Maryada aside for a moment, what do you feel the answer is? And how do you come to that conclusion?

I will say straight up that listening to some bani is better than no bani at all.

Jan 9, 2016
Australia
Leaving the Rehat Maryada aside for a moment, what do you feel the answer is? And how do you come to that conclusion?

I will say straight up that listening to some bani is better than no bani at all.
I think the whole point of gurbani is to connect & as long as you are trying to connect to that divine It shouldn't matter.if you go to a gurudwara then obviously you have to & should follow the Rehat Maryada & also if you have free time then you should read the gurbani properly & according to the Regat Maryada but suppose you are working or driving when you can't do everything according to the Rehat Maryada then it shouldn't be a problem I think & as you have said it above that some bani is better than nothing.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I think the whole point of gurbani is to connect & as long as you are trying to connect to that divine It shouldn't matter.if you go to a gurudwara then obviously you have to & should follow the Rehat Maryada & also if you have free time then you should read the gurbani properly & according to the Regat Maryada but suppose you are working or driving when you can't do everything according to the Rehat Maryada then it shouldn't be a problem I think & as you have said it above that some bani is better than nothing.

You've answered your own question, Ji. :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: