• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Leaving Sikhism

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
This word "if" is powerful. It allows people to state ANYTHING and qualify it later.
So we have a precedent in PCJ.
But PCJ has not enlightened us if he/she has found perfection. If yes... how .. and let us have the benefit of finding it ourselves. If you are yet to find it then.... we need to say nothing more.
Let us have yes no type answers.
All such people seem to be enlightened and philosophical.... away from real world..... and without answeres for us ... still in dark.
If sikhi guided about equality.. did it do it by professing inequality? What is other alternative. Did you find it?
merely making statement without clarification... like moneyisking..... is agin showing here.
Let us have light..... Mercury light....
One last thing.... why does these direct questions remain unanswered.

Perfection is not found. Instead it is experienced with every breath we take...

Perfection is infinite. Therefore, nobody can stop at certain point and claim that he or she has found perfection.

When it comes to equality of mankind in Sikhi, it's mentioned here and there but not practiced at all. In fact, there is also contradiction where inequality is preached. It's impossible for religion to practice equality at all. That's why people of religion are at loss. For example, as long as you have attached yourself to a religion, you will be always have reasons to unfairly discriminate against people. Therefore, you will not be heading towards perfection at all.

People often refuse to accept truth simply because it makes their religion look bad or at least they think it makes their religion look bad. That's why as long as you have any association at all with religion, you are less likely to be honest, let alone approaching perfection....

What questions are unanswered?

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
I guess I am not upto your level. Your statement does not touch my plain.
I used highlighting function to seek enlightenment as quickly as possible so that I am enlightened.As per you, Sikhi is bad , atleast about equality.... so what next? Where do we go. What path . Where. To Whom we seek?
Pleasse read my earlier posts about empty directionless human brain.
Give us direction to path of equality. Where is it found. may be in China.
However, your AVATAR is similar to mine at some other site :)
It's impossible for religion to practice equality at all. That's why people of religion are at loss. For example, as long as you have attached yourself to a religion, you will be always have reasons to unfairly discriminate against people.
Are you talking about taliban/bhindranwale/ sgpc type religion? Yes that is bad...but then you are far away from true religion. The true one is about eqaulity/ devotional music/ donating/helping/focus. you may not need a religion at your age... but think about a youngster who is learning life lessons, new experiences in a free world. they need focus/ direction and a purpose. Religion provides an easy way to get it.
I am asking again ... if not this then what else? movies/ sex/ drugs/ indiscipline/lack of direction/freedom to do anything..... even get idea of jumping in front of a oncoming train? An empty mind without focus can do anykind of harm ... to others or to self.
Again.... What is the other option? Where should the youth go.
The topic chould have been LEAVING RELIGION TO ATHEISM... am I right? Your points are not only on sikhism... but for all religions.

If you are talking about people who say... my religion is best, then I agree with you.
Even in sikhi there are people who say so. It is a human nature, many people do this mistake. I am not with them at all. that is why utter capitalism does not go hand in hand with true religion.
Muslim and christian say so very clearly that they are best. Hindu say that even within their religion , all are not equal.
So what are other options? atheism? no God, no power ... no rules?

Specifically, do you agree to my last few lines?

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
I guess I am not upto your level. Your statement does not touch my plain.
I used highlighting function to seek enlightenment as quickly as possible so that I am enlightened.As per you, Sikhi is bad , atleast about equality.... so what next? Where do we go. What path . Where. To Whom we seek?
Pleasse read my earlier posts about empty directionless human brain.
Give us direction to path of equality. Where is it found. may be in China.
However, your AVATAR is similar to mine at some other site :)

Your simply have to start being honest with yourself.

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
Your simply have to start being honest with yourself.
Please guide me ... I am a seeker of eqaulity.I was in dark. Please guide me... show me the path...... please.
How should I start being honest to myself? ......in relation to this discussion.
What action should I take. Close eyes... open eyes/ see in void... get up at ten.... twelve.... six. What should I ACTUALLY DO to be honest with myself and being equal to all?
You are enlightened....I am not. step by step guide is required.... otherwise there is no point in saying that others are wrong/ bad/ ignorant .
Unless a practical solution/path is thereone can not blame/ find fault with others.
I notice that there is one liners again. Please notice additions to my last post.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
<META content="Microsoft SafeHTML" name=Generator> <STYLE> .ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;} </STYLE>Hi,

I have been brought up as a devout sikh(No meat, alcohol and so forth) for 19 years .For the past 2-3 year I have been contemplating leaving not just sikhism but the entire idea of religion & god(I have about 2% belief that god really exists)
.This has been brought about by things such as living in a multicultural london and witnessing first hand the absurdity of religion, understanding that when somebody chooses a relgion they automatically condem the rest of mankind that a life in the service of a god that may not exist is a one and only wasted life and many more thoughts similar to these. And no these thoughts didn't come from brain washing (lol) or any one human I've come into contact with but rather throught generalknowledge reasoning and more importantly my studies in both psychology and philosophy.I guess what I'm looking for is an intelligent and informed take on my current situation which my parents, close family, friends and even my local gurdwara could not provide to help me make this life changing decision.
Thanks.

I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I found aspects about Sikhism absurd and for many years cared nothing for it, UNTIL I met some good people and on line.

I used to find arguments about god absurd, until I learned about Pantheism and Sikhi.

I found arguments about meat absurd, because science tells me milk is ineffect flesh. Then I learned vegetarian or meat is your own choice.

I found the rampant Sexism absured, until I read Bani and discovered that the soul is genderless.

I found the caste issues absurd with both sides bashing each other, but Bani states it is Caste Pride we must watch out for. We can have pride in in not believing in caste too.

Now I read Bani, and follow Sikhi directly from that. I am not bothered about what these Sants, Baba's etc drone on about, because through Bani I have discovered true freedom.

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
Please guide me ... I am a seeker of eqaulity.I was in dark. Please guide me... show me the path...... please.
How should I start being honest to myself? ......in relation to this discussion.
What action should I take. Close eyes... open eyes/ see in void... get up at ten.... twelve.... six. What should I ACTUALLY DO to be honest with myself and being equal to all?
You are enlightened....I am not. step by step guide is required.... otherwise there is no point in saying that others are wrong/ bad/ ignorant .
Unless a practical solution/path is thereone can not blame/ find fault with others.
I notice that there is one liners again. Please notice additions to my last post.

What works for me may or may not work for you. But the most important lesson in my life was to be honest with your own self which came from my 4-5th grade teacher.

Think about this, The Lord can be nothing but perfect, he can not be biased, bigot, racist or anything else creates friction among human beings. But the first thing the people of religion look at is whether or not the other people looks like them. For example, the first thing Sikhs look at is whether or not the other person has turban on and then you treat or mistreat people based on what religion they follow or they don't follow.

Now that someone, I think her name was Gurmeet Kaur, in her article, suggested that Sikhs should classify Sikh as their race in 2010 US Census, any Sikhi-based discrimination can actually be classified as racism.

Since Lord has created everything and everyone and as we know that an ideal parent treats his or her children equally, Lord must treat all of His children equally. But religions have actually come up disrespectful terms for the people who are not exactly like them. For example, Muslims call non-Muslims Kafirs. Sikhs call monas Patit and some even call them Saakats and then they mistreat using the verbiage they usually don't want to hear about them. This is very obvious that such behaviour can not come from The Lord, which in turn obviously means that religion actually didn't come from Lord Himself.

Now it's time to be honest to yourself. Since we know that religions didn't come from The Lord Himself, do we really want to follow religion?

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
The topic chould have been LEAVING RELIGION TO ATHEISM... am I right? Your points are not only on sikhism... but for all religions.

People often misuse term Atheism. Atheism is not believing in The Creator at all. Not believing in a religion is not same as not believing in The Creator. I am simply not convinced that religion has anything at all to with The Creator.

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I found aspects about Sikhism absurd and for many years cared nothing for it, UNTIL I met some good people and on line.

I used to find arguments about god absurd, until I learned about Pantheism and Sikhi.

I found the caste issues absurd with both sides bashing each other, but Bani states it is Caste Pride we must watch out for. We can have pride in in not believing in caste too.
That is , I think what Guru Nanak's one of the main message. Stay in this world but stay true. Do not get false pride. Live in such a way that you do not accidentally follow wrong path full of ego. At the same time, never talk bad about any person or idea or system without any due reason.

True religion is seeing God within self and in everyone.When God is one then Krishna, Ram, formless, Allah, Christ must all be same. Problem arise when someone says my God is better even though his God may have never claimed so.If any God makes such claim, he/she can not be God.

As such, any religion making someone getting divisive idea, has some flaws, either in its basics or the persons following and interpreting him.
True religion can never promote division. If it does, someone has not understood it correctly. If someone says that he/she is right and does not feel comfortable in facing others, there is something wrong in his/her understanding. More analysis and contemplation is needed.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
For example, Muslims call non-Muslims Kafirs. Sikhs call monas Patit and some even call them Saakats and then they mistreat using the verbiage they usually don't want to hear about them. This is very obvious that such behaviour can not come from The Lord, which in turn obviously means that religion actually didn't come from Lord Himself.

Now it's time to be honest to yourself. Since we know that religions didn't come from The Lord Himself, do we really want to follow religion?

1st please define religion in your own term

2nd There are followers of many baba's in India who constantly say that following them is not religion yet we have seen their followers indulging in Voilence what about them?

Perfection is not found. Instead it is experienced with every breath we take...

Perfection is infinite. Therefore, nobody can stop at certain point and claim that he or she has found perfection.

When it comes to equality of mankind in Sikhi, it's mentioned here and there but not practiced at all. In fact, there is also contradiction where inequality is preached. It's impossible for religion to practice equality at all. That's why people of religion are at loss. For example, as long as you have attached yourself to a religion, you will be always have reasons to unfairly discriminate against people. Therefore, you will not be heading towards perfection at all.

People often refuse to accept truth simply because it makes their religion look bad or at least they think it makes their religion look bad. That's why as long as you have any association at all with religion, you are less likely to be honest, let alone approaching perfection....

What questions are unanswered?

you are using words...like Religion?
would you consider eastern religion eastern Romanticism?

YouTube- What is Religion? - Krishnamurti

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
People often misuse term Atheism. Atheism is not believing in The Creator at all. Not believing in a religion is not same as not believing in The Creator. I am simply not convinced that religion has anything at all to with The Creator.
I guess entire mankind is more interested in getting guidance rather than technical clarifications. People go to great length to seek peace and enlightenment. I am ready to wait.
people have given their entire life for enlightenment .. I am ready and waiting.
BTW, do you agree that any religion who teaches division is not true..and someone is committing a mistake.. as I stated above?
Were you laughing while reading these responses and then thinking what to write to make us more desperate? Do you get a kick out of it?
Again I have added some more questions and requests.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ballym ji

Respected forum moderator and member dalbirk ji, in a previous post, requested PJC to leave this forum in peace based on his past experiences here and on other forums. It has not happened.

The best thing to do is to ignore the frustrating remarks. As you have noted, they are designed to frustrate. Pick up some ideas of others who have posted here. Give your personal reactions, which will lead the discussion into a more productive direction.

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
I think it is better to keep myself at my level. I am too far away from God. if someone gets the key to life at the age of 10 in grade 4-5 then I am truly much far away and I cannot even think of catching up.
chapter closed.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
I think it is better to keep myself at my level. I am too far away from God. if someone gets the key to life at the age of 10 in grade 4-5 then I am truly much far away and I cannot even think of catching up.
chapter closed.

Ballym ji,

It is not a competition; we are all here to help and encourage each other. Catching up makes no sense. We are all where we are on this journey and it's hard, maybe impossible, to know who's ahead and who's behind. I have no idea, for example, where I am, so I just keeping putting one foot in front of the other and who can tell where it will lead.

It's all attitude ji.

Remain in chardi kala!:happykudi:

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
ballym ji

Respected forum moderator and member dalbirk ji, in a previous post, requested PJC to leave this forum in peace based on his past experiences here and on other forums. It has not happened.

The best thing to do is to ignore the frustrating remarks. As you have noted, they are designed to frustrate. Pick up some ideas of others who have posted here. Give your personal reactions, which will lead the discussion into a more productive direction.

I don't know what's frustrating you but nothing is designed to frustrate anybody. I haven't even used the terminology equivalent to the terminology Amritdhari Sikhs use towards others and it's frustrating you.

But please do talk about what's bothering you so that we can further talk about it. What I have posted is truth and nothing but truth and if the truth bothers you, obviously you need to make some changes in your life to be aligned with the truth.

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
you are using words...like Religion?
would you consider eastern religion eastern Romanticism?

YouTube- What is Religion? - Krishnamurti

It seems that what has been happening is that people, out of curiosity, have wondered about them as to where they belong and source they came from.

While wondering about ourselves, people thought that there must be a creator and then they started talking and/or writing about their ideas on what/how the creator. Those ideas were compiled into religious scriptures. Then someone else came up with his or her own ideas about what and how The Creator could which were either entirely different or with some similarities to the ideas already existed and this gave birth to more religions.

As long as significant number of people agreed with and followed someone, the person they followed became the founder of a new religion.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ballym ji

The shabad below conveys a complex message. But in my eyes it seems to fit well with much of the discussion. It seems to me anyway that Guru Nanak ji is talking about taking a different direction in our journey to find an inner truth. Religion in the sense of one of its earlier meanings.

ORIGIN Middle English (originally in the sense [life under monastic vows] ): from Old French, or from Latin religio(n-) ‘obligation, bond, reverence,’ perhaps based on Latin religare ‘to bind.’

The word religion suggests to re-unite, to link or bind ourselves once again to something that resides within us.

It might even make sense to discuss individual tuks within the shabad. It is easy to jump to conclusions, but in the overall context of the shabad Guru Nanak may be sketching out a path that understands "union" as a bridge away from regrets over our past misdeeds into a different life-style. This new life style may or may not necessarily take the form of traditional, organized religious practice.

What do you think?

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਛੰਤ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">dhhanaasaree shhanth mehalaa 1 ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">Dhanaasaree, Chhant, First Mehl:
</td></tr><tr><td class="rmenuheader">

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਪਿਰ ਸੰਗਿ ਮੂਠੜੀਏ ਖਬਰਿ ਨ ਪਾਈਆ ਜੀਉ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">pir sang mootharreeeae khabar n paaeeaa jeeo ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">Your Husband Lord is with you, O deluded soul-bride, but you do are not aware of Him.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਮਸਤਕਿ ਲਿਖਿਅੜਾ ਲੇਖੁ ਪੁਰਬਿ ਕਮਾਇਆ ਜੀਉ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">masathak likhiarraa laekh purab kamaaeiaa jeeo ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">Your destiny is written on your forehead, according to your past actions.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਲੇਖੁ ਨ ਮਿਟਈ ਪੁਰਬਿ ਕਮਾਇਆ ਕਿਆ ਜਾਣਾ ਕਿਆ ਹੋਸੀ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">laekh n mittee purab kamaaeiaa kiaa jaanaa kiaa hosee ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">This inscription of past deeds cannot be erased; what do I know about what will happen?
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਗੁਣੀ ਅਚਾਰਿ ਨਹੀ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤੀ ਅਵਗੁਣ ਬਹਿ ਬਹਿ ਰੋਸੀ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">gunee achaar nehee rang raathee avagun behi behi rosee ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">You have not adopted a virtuous lifestyle, and you are not attuned to the Lord's Love; you sit there, crying over your past misdeeds.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਧਨੁ ਜੋਬਨੁ ਆਕ ਕੀ ਛਾਇਆ ਬਿਰਧਿ ਭਏ ਦਿਨ ਪੁੰਨਿਆ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">dhhan joban aak kee shhaaeiaa biradhh bheae dhin punniaa ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">Wealth and youth are like the shade of the bitter swallow-wort plant; you are growing old, and your days are coming to their end.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਦੋਹਾਗਣਿ ਛੂਟੀ ਝੂਠਿ ਵਿਛੁੰਨਿਆ ॥੧॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">naanak naam binaa dhohaagan shhoottee jhooth vishhunniaa ||1||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">O Nanak, without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, you shall end up as a discarded, divorced bride; your own falsehood shall separate you from the Lord. ||1||

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਬੂਡੀ ਘਰੁ ਘਾਲਿਓ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਭਾਇ ਚਲੋ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">booddee ghar ghaaliou gur kai bhaae chalo ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">You have drowned, and your house is ruined; walk in the Way of the Guru's Will.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਸਾਚਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇ ਪਾਵਹਿ ਸੁਖਿ ਮਹਲੋ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">saachaa naam dhhiaae paavehi sukh mehalo ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">Meditate on the True Name, and you shall find peace in the Mansion of the Lord's Presence.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਏ ਤਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਏ ਪੇਈਅੜੈ ਦਿਨ ਚਾਰੇ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">har naam dhhiaaeae thaa sukh paaeae paeeearrai dhin chaarae ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">Meditate on the Lord's Name, and you shall find peace; your stay in this world shall last only four days.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਨਿਜ ਘਰਿ ਜਾਇ ਬਹੈ ਸਚੁ ਪਾਏ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਨਾਲਿ ਪਿਆਰੇ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">nij ghar jaae behai sach paaeae anadhin naal piaarae ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">Sit in the home of your own being, and you shall find Truth; night and day, be with your Beloved.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਵਿਣੁ ਭਗਤੀ ਘਰਿ ਵਾਸੁ ਨ ਹੋਵੀ ਸੁਣਿਅਹੁ ਲੋਕ ਸਬਾਏ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">vin bhagathee ghar vaas n hovee suniahu lok sabaaeae ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">Without loving devotion, you cannot dwell in your own home - listen, everyone!

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਨਾਨਕ ਸਰਸੀ ਤਾ ਪਿਰੁ ਪਾਏ ਰਾਤੀ ਸਾਚੈ ਨਾਏ ॥੨॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">naanak sarasee thaa pir paaeae raathee saachai naaeae ||2||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">O Nanak, she is happy, and she obtains her Husband Lord, if she is attuned to the True Name. ||2||

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਪਿਰੁ ਧਨ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਾ ਪਿਰ ਭਾਵੈ ਨਾਰੀ ਜੀਉ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">pir dhhan bhaavai thaa pir bhaavai naaree jeeo ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">If the soul-bride is pleasing to her Husband Lord, then the Husband Lord will love His bride.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਰੰਗਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਰਾਤੀ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਵੀਚਾਰੀ ਜੀਉ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">rang preetham raathee gur kai sabadh veechaaree jeeo ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">Imbued with the love of her Beloved, she contemplates the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਵੀਚਾਰੀ ਨਾਹ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਨਿਵਿ ਨਿਵਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਰੇਈ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">gur sabadh veechaaree naah piaaree niv niv bhagath karaeee ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">She contemplates the Guru's Shabads, and her Husband Lord loves her; in deep humility, she worships Him in loving devotion.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹੁ ਜਲਾਏ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮੁ ਰਸ ਮਹਿ ਰੰਗੁ ਕਰੇਈ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">maaeiaa mohu jalaaeae preetham ras mehi rang karaeee ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">She burns away her emotional attachment to Maya, and in love, she loves her Beloved.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸਾਚੇ ਸੇਤੀ ਰੰਗਿ ਰੰਗੇਤੀ ਲਾਲ ਭਈ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਰੀ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">prabh saachae saethee rang rangaethee laal bhee man maaree ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">She is imbued and drenched with the Love of the True Lord; she has become beautiful, by conquering her mind.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਚਿ ਵਸੀ ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ ਪਿਰ ਸਿਉ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਪਿਆਰੀ ॥੩॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">naanak saach vasee sohaagan pir sio preeth piaaree ||3||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">O Nanak, the happy soul-bride abides in Truth; she loves to love her Husband Lord. ||3||

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਪਿਰ ਘਰਿ ਸੋਹੈ ਨਾਰਿ ਜੇ ਪਿਰ ਭਾਵਏ ਜੀਉ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">pir ghar sohai naar jae pir bhaaveae jeeo ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">The soul-bride looks so beautiful in the home of her Husband Lord, if she is pleasing to Him.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਝੂਠੇ ਵੈਣ ਚਵੇ ਕਾਮਿ ਨ ਆਵਏ ਜੀਉ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">jhoothae vain chavae kaam n aaveae jeeo ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">It is of no use at all to speak false words.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਝੂਠੁ ਅਲਾਵੈ ਕਾਮਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਨਾ ਪਿਰੁ ਦੇਖੈ ਨੈਣੀ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">jhooth alaavai kaam n aavai naa pir dhaekhai nainee ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">If she speaks false, it is of no use to her, and she does not see her Husband Lord with her eyes.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਅਵਗੁਣਿਆਰੀ ਕੰਤਿ ਵਿਸਾਰੀ ਛੂਟੀ ਵਿਧਣ ਰੈਣੀ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">avaguniaaree kanth visaaree shhoottee vidhhan rainee ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">Worthless, forgotten and abandoned by her Husband Lord, she passes her life-night without her Lord and Master.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੁ ਨ ਮਾਨੈ ਫਾਹੀ ਫਾਥੀ ਸਾ ਧਨ ਮਹਲੁ ਨ ਪਾਏ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">gur sabadh n maanai faahee faathhee saa dhhan mehal n paaeae ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">Such a wife does not believe in the Word of the Guru's Shabad; she is caught in the net of the world, and does not obtain the Mansion of the Lord's Presence.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਨਾਨਕ ਆਪੇ ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਏ ॥੪॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">naanak aapae aap pashhaanai guramukh sehaj samaaeae ||4||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">O Nanak, if she understands her own self, then, as Gurmukh, she merges in celestial peace. ||4||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਧਨ ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ ਨਾਰਿ ਜਿਨਿ ਪਿਰੁ ਜਾਣਿਆ ਜੀਉ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">dhhan sohaagan naar jin pir jaaniaa jeeo ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">Blessed is that soul-bride, who knows her Husband Lord.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਕੂੜਿਆਰਿ ਕੂੜੁ ਕਮਾਣਿਆ ਜੀਉ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">naam binaa koorriaar koorr kamaaniaa jeeo ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">Without the Naam, she is false, and her actions are false as well.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਹਰਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਸੁਹਾਵੀ ਸਾਚੇ ਭਾਵੀ ਭਾਇ ਭਗਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਰਾਤੀ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">har bhagath suhaavee saachae bhaavee bhaae bhagath prabh raathee ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">Devotional worship of the Lord is beautiful; the True Lord loves it. So immerse yourself in loving devotional worship of God.
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਪਿਰੁ ਰਲੀਆਲਾ ਜੋਬਨਿ ਬਾਲਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਰਾਵੇ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤੀ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">pir raleeaalaa joban baalaa this raavae rang raathee ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">My Husband Lord is playful and innocent; imbued with His Love, I enjoy Him.

</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="ggs">ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਵਿਗਾਸੀ ਸਹੁ ਰਾਵਾਸੀ ਫਲੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਗੁਣਕਾਰੀ ॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="subhead">gur sabadh vigaasee sahu raavaasee fal paaeiaa gunakaaree ||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffecec"><td class="shlok">She blossoms forth through the Word of the Guru's Shabad; she ravishes her Husband Lord, and obtains the most noble reward.
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="ggs">ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਚੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਪਿਰ ਘਰਿ ਸੋਹੈ ਨਾਰੀ ॥੫॥੩॥
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="subhead">naanak saach milai vaddiaaee pir ghar sohai naaree ||5||3||
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffec"><td class="shlok">O Nanak, in Truth, she obtains glory; in her Husband's home, the soul-bride looks beautiful. ||5||3||</td></tr></tbody></table>

The shabad is on Ang 689 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: