Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Lakh Khushian Patshahian

Discussion in 'Gurbani Download' started by Admin Singh, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

A new entry has been added to Links and Downloads Manager

Description:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Lakh Khushian Patshahian
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Kirtan Lakh Khushian Patshahian by Bhai Gopal Singh Ji Videos Aug 14, 2009
    India Akhand Path List now at 1.3 Lakh, Petition to Expedite Seva at Harmandir Sahib Breaking News Jan 21, 2014
    India Lakhs pay homage to Sikh martyrs at Fatehgarh Sahib Breaking News Dec 29, 2013
    Shabad Of The Week: Lakh Khushiyan Patshaiyan Shabad of the Week Jun 1, 2013
    India Rs 11 lakh to design 1984 riots memorial Breaking News May 29, 2013

3. kiram

kiram
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Aman ji, thank you for all these beautiful Shabads ji... This one is a very old recording i believe... who is singing here ji would you know?

4. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

kiram ji

I believe that this is Bhai Gopal Singh. :star: Have the same one from a Sikhnet download, and Bhai is the kirtani. The recording is more than 50 years old. Imagine that! That is why it is a little scratchy -- but the sound of heaven still there, more than that it is everywhere when this is playing. Aman ji has posted a better copy, with a better sound mix. And the words are much clearer.

The first time I ever heard this I was moonstruck and played it over and over for almost an entire afternoon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kiram

kiram
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Thank you Antonia ji :) wow 50 years old !! I've heard this Shabad before but never knew who was singing ji... love the way Bhai Sahib has sung it... one can even hear the old saaz being played... makes it even more beautiful... and above all the Shabad itself is like full of blessings...

"Sabhey Thok Paraaptey Jey Aavey Ik Hath......... "

:wah:

6. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Kiram ji

Yes that old instrument is dominant and one rarely hears it in any of the more current audio/video recordings. It has a haunting and sweet sound.

• Like Like x 1
  7. harkirten_singh

harkirten_singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

8. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

And are you people aware that Bhai Sahib Bhai Gopal Singh Ji was BLIND and he had memorised all the Gurbani he ever sang....
    Bhai Sahib used to do Kirtan Seva in Harmandir Sahib Amrtisar..and then FLY to Harmandir Sahib Patna Bihar to do some more Kirtan seva...He continued this RIGOROUS seva for many many years...until he p[assed away...
    Bhai Gopal Singh Ji..one of the Most RARE GEMS of our Nation...Blessed Indeed. I have His LP Record...somewhere buried in my library..must get it out one of these days...My Late Dad knew Bhai Sahib Ji personally in the 1950's.....and told us what a humble and gentle man this person was..truly Gurbani IMBIBED !!! THAT IS THE HEAVEN YOU SEE IN HIS KIRTAN !!! THE LOVE..THE RESPECT..THE PYAAR...THE RAANG OF GURBANI SHINES THROUGH AND THROUGH...

• Like Like x 3
  9. AdsKhalsa

AdsKhalsa
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh...

I felt calm from inside after listening....I used to listen this shabad when I was kid...audio cassette got bad with time..since then could not able to get it...old memories with this shabad...

Gyani Ji...I request you to please find Gopal Singh Ji's LP.

Let me look for a download link of this shabad.

Chardi Kala.....

10. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

Gyani ji, please please please try to make digital copies of these recordings... rare gems need to be preserved... :wah: Sikh history is already so blurred that these scattered jewels take greater importance connecting the missing links... if you more of these LP then please try to preserve them... :wah:

• Like Like x 2
  11. AdsKhalsa

AdsKhalsa
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

• Like Like x 1