• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hinduism Kinds Of Raam?

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
- Also can you please answer why kabir ji kept on singing about raja ram when according to you he was a killer of low caste. I am sure you don't feel yourself a higher apostle of truth than kabir ji.

Jaani jaani re raja ram ki kahani, gurmukh virle jaani.....

- Aad ji, the verses you provided are written by a Bengali poet, can figure it out from the prose itself. If possible provide the original sanskrit shlokas which describe this event.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
- Also can you please answer why kabir ji kept on singing about raja ram when according to you he was a killer of low caste. I am sure you don't feel yourself a higher apostle of truth than kabir ji.

Jaani jaani re raja ram ki kahani, gurmukh virle jaani.....

- Aad ji, the verses you provided are written by a Bengali poet, can figure it out from the prose itself. If possible provide the original sanskrit shlokas which describe this event.

can you provide me with quotes when he has done so? the whole paragraph/pauri. And not just one I want see them all.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
TGill

Why did Kabir speak of raj ram? Kabir espoused Koi bole Ram Ram Koi Khudai..., which means that someone may chant the Hindu name of God and someone may chant the Muslim name of God, but God is the one who made the whole world. You have to put his writing into context. He was not a Sikh, and historians are unable to agree that he ever knew Nanaak. He was influenced by the Bhakti movement and Sufism as well. His Hindu teacher was Ramananda. Best scholarly reference I could find a is Focus Newsletter as it is compiled by literary scholars. See http://www.crl.edu/focus/Spr05litGems.asp?issID=3

"Kabir (1440–1518) is considered one of the foremost mystic poets in the Indian tradition. Influenced by Hindus, Muslims, and Sikhs alike, he espoused an array of their philosophical ideas. He promulgated a oneness with God, embracing the Hindu concept of jivatma (individual soul) as being directly linked to paramatma (universal or supreme soul). Kabir’s idea of loving God with devotion appealed to both Hindu Bhakti as well as Muslim Sufi concepts and practices."

Answering your question with another question, Why did the gurus include his work in Adi Granth?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Here is the rest of the poem by the Bengali poet, Pasupati\\manusanghitar ain, ramchandra rokhok,
ain omainnyo korlaey rashtrodrohi
shasti to patei hobek.
mrityudondo mrityudondo mrityudondo.
shombhuker gola kathchhey ainer rokhokra,
rashter biruddhey judhyo ghoshona,
eeta shoibhek nain,
hamra gonotontrer raja, shoibo nain.
shombuk-ke khujte ramayan ghantley pabi
ekhon jey ramayan choilchhey
otha domey samajsebider dolkhani,
shombhukra ekhon jailey, Bina bicharey.
bichhinotabadi, prithokotabadi,
rashtrodrohi shombhuk,
e’der gharey kota matha!!
shombhukra moirlo 14 march 2007 ey
nandigramey, nandigram tomakey selam.

There are members of lowly castes who have had enough -- the poem is about rebellion of the spirit.

Translation
The Law of Manusamhita, Lord Rama is its protector
Violation of the law is anti-national.
He must be punished!
Capital Punishment! Capital Punishment! Capital Punishment!
The protectors of the law are decapitating Shambuks
Declaration of war against the state?
This cannot be tolerated,
We are the kings of democracy, we won’t tolerate it.
To find Shambuk search through the Ramayana,
But the Ramayana of today -
Is brimming with the arrogance of social liberators,
Shambuks are in gaol, without trial.
Separatist, secessionist
Treacherous Shambuks,
Who, pray, are these fellows?
Shambuks were killed on 14 March 2007
In Nandigram, Nandigram we salute you!

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
jwnI jwnI ry rwjw rwm kI khwnI ]
jaanee jaanee rae raajaa raam kee kehaanee ||
I have come to know the story of my Raja Raam.

AMqir joiq rwm prgwsw gurmuiK ibrlY jwnI ]1] rhwau ]
a(n)thar joth raam paragaasaa guramukh biralai jaanee ||1|| rehaao ||
How rare is that Gurmukh who knows, and whose inner being is illumined by the Lord's Light. ||1||Pause||

Panna - 970...

Aad ji and bhagat ji - I know now you will provide the sankrit reference of shambuk now... please do so...

Whoever say Kabir was not a sikh, please go inside and ask yourself are you one... ? Hindus muslims and SIKHS got influenced from Kabir not other way around !

Why did gurus include kabir ji bani in GGS ji ? I'm not sure if you are questioning guruji :)

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
To all

Debating on ramchandra's chracter is useless.Many writers had written many things about him.ram bhakta's beleive that ram is in ideal man while other writers even wrote that raam was drunkard.so debating on mythological character is totaly useless.

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
Thats true KDS ji but then the question arises why did the Gurus talk about the omnipresence of raam with such a reverence. Was Ram not a mythological character but a truth at that time and now it has changed.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Thats true KDS ji but then the question arises why did the Gurus talk about the omnipresence of raam with such a reverence. Was Ram not a mythological character but a truth at that time and now it has changed.

Dear tgill

gurbani uses many metaphors to communicate its message.

let me show you something what gyani jarnail singh ji posted some times back
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-...etaphorical-language-gurbani-charandhoor.html
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki fateh.

Our Paavan Satgurus chose the medium of KAVITA ( POETRY) to write Ilahi Gurbani...because in many ways POETRY is a much better medium to express one's thoughts than VAARTAK ( Essay type of Composition)
Also poetry gives the writer something called "poetic License" to express ideas in alangkaars, mystical flavours, use similies and metaphors, use "exaggerations" etc etc...something whcich is not alolowed in dramatic or other forms of writing. The heights to which apoet can fly are always higher than any other writing style... gur Ji have made Gurbani "interesting", in many ways...Gurbani is to be "memorised by heart", Gurbani is meant to be "lessons of life", Gurbani is meant to be "instructive, constructive" as well as Enjoyable to read for hours on end.
The most important thing about GURBANI is however that it is Never meant to be LITERALLY INTERPRETED...that is Word for Word interpretation..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
TGill
Whoever say Kabir was not a sikh, please go inside and ask yourself are you one... ?
Depends on how broadly you define SIKH and even SGPC is confused these days. Did Kabir think he was a Sikh? Who knows?

Hindus muslims and SIKHS got influenced from Kabir not other way around !

Case of mutual influence, no question.

Why did gurus include kabir ji bani in GGS ji ? I'm not sure if you are questioning guruji
No, I was checking in on your knowledge of history. Do not take offense.

BTW. I have the Sanskrit -- but only in pdf format. So can't copy and paste. Not that good. If you are energetic, you can locate it in Padma Purana 2.1.10, however, you can also wait for me to upload it. May take time.

Stay in Chardi Kala

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
As I have I understood til now through this post is

Raam word has been consistently use in Sri Guru Granth Sahib as Representation of GOD CONCIOUSNESS

Plz bring on more references from Gurbani where it appears to be representing a Man
and than we can discuss here

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
Well Khalsa ji there are many :

myrI jwiq kmInI pWiq kmInI ECw jnmu hmwrw ]
maeree jaath kameenee paa(n)th kameenee oushhaa janam hamaaraa ||
qum srnwgiq rwjw rwm cMd kih rivdws cmwrw ]5]6]
thum saranaagath raajaa raam cha(n)dh kehi ravidhaas chamaaraa ||5||6||

Panna 659

mnih n kIjY rosu jmih n dIjY dosu inrml inrbwx pdu cIin@ lIjY ]
manehi n keejai ros jamehi n dheejai dhos niramal nirabaan padh cheenih leejai ||
Do not harbor anger in your mind, or blame the Messenger of Death; instead, realize the immaculate state of Nirvaanaa.

jsrQ rwie nµdu rwjw myrw rwm cMdu pRxvY nwmw qqu rsu AMimRqu pIjY ]4]4]
jasarathh raae na(n)dh raajaa maeraa raam cha(n)dh pranavai naamaa thath ras a(n)mrith peejai ||4||4||
My Sovereign Lord King is Raam Chandra, the Son of the King Dasrat'h; prays Naam Dayv, I drink in the Ambrosial Nectar. ||4||4||

Panna 973

Will be really interesting to see how sikhs negate gurbani. :)

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Will be really interesting to see how sikhs negate gurbani.
smile.gif
Thanks for the link and quotes

and kindly explain what you meant by negating .
In my opinion many still feel Gurbani out of their reach then how can it be negated

and for the sake of coming to the point of the topic

It is believed and taught by many Parcharak that Raam has been used in Godly sense and also secind Ordinary sense and what I understood is that only Godly sense is the way it shas been disscused

Even in above verses ICANNOT see Raam regarded in ordinary sense instead he is being used in godly sense

More clear translation could be expected from Balbir Singh ji

Last edited:

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
yes khalsa ji thats true, Balbir ji's translation would it clear but even without the translation they should be quite clear ! isn't it ?

Well as far as negation is concerned, it has happened already :)

- Ram is only used in Godly sense in Gurbani, ordinary sense does not exist in Gurbani, at least I haven't seen.
Ok lets not talk about Ram, can you use Baba Nanak once in ordinary sense and once in Godly sense ? please let us know...... As far as I know Baba nanak can only be used in Godly sense.

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
- The point I'm making is that Ram only existed in Godly sense and never existed in ordinary sense as against the parcharaks.

Even if you talk about Ram without reference to Gurbani it will be in Godly sense.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all and TGill Jee!

Thanks for the wonderful references from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.
The world knows Him through stories. Kabeer Jee has come to know the Wisdom of Raam within.

Dear Jatinder Jee, Raam is always the King. "sabhai ghat raam bolai raamaa bolai. raam binaa ko bolai ray." SGGS Ang 988-18

Quote "Even in above verses I can see Raam regarded in ordinary sense instead he is being used in godly sense."
The super King is not ordinary. His Hukam is active in all.

Every word connected with Raam in Gurbaanee is representing the development at conscious levels of the mind.
Come to know true Simran and experience it.

This is my understanding of one Vaak from Naamdev Jee.

ਜਸਰਥ ਰਾਇ ਨੰਦੁ ਰਾਜਾ ਮੇਰਾ ਰਾਮ ਚੰਦੁ ਪ੍ਰਣਵੈ ਨਾਮਾ ਤਤੁ ਰਸੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪੀਜੈ ॥੪॥੪॥
जसरथ राइ नंदु राजा मेरा राम चंदु प्रणवै नामा ततु रसु अम्रितु पीजै ॥४॥४॥
Jasrath rā*ė nanḏ rājā mėrā rām cẖanḏ paraṇvai nāmā ṯaṯ ras amriṯ pījai. ||4||4||
Nand of Jasrath Rai is King, my Raam Chand. With awareness of PraaRna realize Naam Essence. Drink Ras Amrit.

I just found a private message asking who is the Sajjan in the first Vaak from the Sabad referred.
Dear Jatinder Jee, one comes to know this Sajjan clearly while realizing the state Gurdev is singing.
For your curiosity, the intellect of mind is 'durjan' since it listens and follows others (duality).
The intellect of mind becomes Sajjan when it listens and follows the true Sabad Guru that is Sweet Sukh Daataa and . . .

You may share this Sabad with all if you feel so. I thank you with my existence for mentioning this wondrous Sabad.

Balbir Singh

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Balbir Singh ji and Gill ji

Sorry for the spelling mistake ( as usual!) and the confusion

I wrote

Even in above verses ICAN see Raam regarded in ordinary sense instead he is being used in godly sense

instead i intended to write

Even in above verses ICANNOT see Raam regarded in ordinary sense instead he is being used in godly sense

so sorry again

Yes I also understand from above disscusion that Raam is used in only Godly form in Gurbani and in no other context

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
here is the post

Dear Balbir Singh ji Satsriakal!

I have one question for you as usual I hope you can help me out

I recently came across the below given Shabad from Gurbani

I am intersted in understanding the following vak insoecific and may be full shabd if you dont mind doing so

suix sjx myry pRIqm BweI mY myilhu imqRü suKdwqw ]
sun sujun maerae preethum bhaaee mai maelihu mithru sukhudhaathaa
Listen, O my dear friends and siblings - lead me to my True Friend, the Giver of peace.

ਸੁਣਿ ਸਜਣ ਮੇਰੇ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਭਾਈ ਮੈ ਮੇਲਿਹੁ ਮਿਤ੍ਰੁ ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ
सुणि सजण मेरे प्रीतम भाई मै मेलिहु मित्रु सुखदाता ॥
Suṇ sajaṇ mėrė parīṯam bẖā*ī mai mėlihu miṯar sukẖ*ḏāṯa.
Listen, O my dear friends and siblings - lead me to my True Friend, the Giver of peace.
ਓਹੁ ਜੀਅ ਕੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਸਭ ਬੇਦਨ ਜਾਣੈ ਨਿਤ ਸੁਣਾਵੈ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਆ ਬਾਤਾ
ओहु जीअ की मेरी सभ बेदन जाणै नित सुणावै हरि कीआ बाता ॥
Oh jī*a kī mėrī sabẖ bėḏan jāṇai niṯ suṇāvai har kī*ā bāṯā.
He knows all the troubles of my soul; every day, he tells me stories of the Lord.
ਹਉ ਇਕੁ ਖਿਨੁ ਤਿਸੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਰਹਿ ਸਕਾ ਜਿਉ ਚਾਤ੍ਰਿਕੁ ਜਲ ਕਉ ਬਿਲਲਾਤਾ
हउ इकु खिनु तिसु बिनु रहि न सका जिउ चात्रिकु जल कउ बिललाता ॥
Ha*o ik kẖin ṯis bin reh na sakā ji*o cẖāṯrik jal ka*o billāṯā.
I cannot live without Him, even for an instant. I cry out for Him, just as the song-bird cries for the drop of water.
ਹਉ ਕਿਆ ਗੁਣ ਤੇਰੇ ਸਾਰਿ ਸਮਾਲੀ ਮੈ ਨਿਰਗੁਣ ਕਉ ਰਖਿ ਲੇਤਾ ॥੨॥
हउ किआ गुण तेरे सारि समाली मै निरगुण कउ रखि लेता ॥२॥
Ha*o ki*ā guṇ ṯėrė sār samālī mai nirguṇ ka*o rakẖ lėṯā. ||2||
Which of Your Glorious Virtues should I sing? You save even worthless beings like me. ||2||

who is Sajjan in first Vaak?

who is being referd t in second line who knows bedhan of my jee as stated in the Vaak ?

ਵਡਹੰਸੁ ਮਹਲਾ ਘਰੁ
वडहंसु महला ५ घरु २
vad*hans mehlā 5 gẖar 2
Wadahans, Fifth Mehl, Second House:
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ
ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
Ik*oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
ਮੇਰੈ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਲੋਚਾ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੀ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਹਉ ਕਿਉ ਪਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੇ
मेरै अंतरि लोचा मिलण की पिआरे हउ किउ पाई गुर पूरे ॥
Mėrai anṯar locẖā milaṇ kī pi*ārė ha*o ki*o pā*ī gur pūrė.
Deep within me, there is a longing to meet my Beloved; how can I attain my Perfect Guru?
ਜੇ ਸਉ ਖੇਲ ਖੇਲਾਈਐ ਬਾਲਕੁ ਰਹਿ ਸਕੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਖੀਰੇ
जे सउ खेल खेलाईऐ बालकु रहि न सकै बिनु खीरे ॥
Jė sa*o kẖėl kẖėlā*ī*ai bālak reh na sakai bin kẖīrė.
Even though a baby may play hundreds of games, he cannot survive without milk.
ਮੇਰੈ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਭੁਖ ਉਤਰੈ ਅੰਮਾਲੀ ਜੇ ਸਉ ਭੋਜਨ ਮੈ ਨੀਰੇ
मेरै अंतरि भुख न उतरै अमाली जे सउ भोजन मै नीरे ॥
Mėrai anṯar bẖukẖ na uṯrai ammālī jė sa*o bẖojan mai nīrė.
The hunger within me is not satisfied, O my friend, even though I am served hundreds of dishes.
ਮੇਰੈ ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਪ੍ਰੇਮੁ ਪਿਰੰਮ ਕਾ ਬਿਨੁ ਦਰਸਨ ਕਿਉ ਮਨੁ ਧੀਰੇ ॥੧॥
मेरै मनि तनि प्रेमु पिरम का बिनु दरसन किउ मनु धीरे ॥१॥
Mėrai man ṯan parėm piramm kā bin ḏarsan ki*o man ḏẖīrė. ||1||
My mind and body are filled with love for my Beloved; how can my soul find relief, without the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan? ||1||
ਸੁਣਿ ਸਜਣ ਮੇਰੇ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਭਾਈ ਮੈ ਮੇਲਿਹੁ ਮਿਤ੍ਰੁ ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ
सुणि सजण मेरे प्रीतम भाई मै मेलिहु मित्रु सुखदाता ॥
Suṇ sajaṇ mėrė parīṯam bẖā*ī mai mėlihu miṯar sukẖ*ḏāṯa.
ਓਹੁ ਜੀਅ ਕੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਸਭ ਬੇਦਨ ਜਾਣੈ ਨਿਤ ਸੁਣਾਵੈ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਆ ਬਾਤਾ
ओहु जीअ की मेरी सभ बेदन जाणै नित सुणावै हरि कीआ बाता ॥
Oh jī*a kī mėrī sabẖ bėḏan jāṇai niṯ suṇāvai har kī*ā bāṯā.
He knows all the troubles of my soul; every day, he tells me stories of the Lord.
ਹਉ ਇਕੁ ਖਿਨੁ ਤਿਸੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਰਹਿ ਸਕਾ ਜਿਉ ਚਾਤ੍ਰਿਕੁ ਜਲ ਕਉ ਬਿਲਲਾਤਾ
हउ इकु खिनु तिसु बिनु रहि न सका जिउ चात्रिकु जल कउ बिललाता ॥
Ha*o ik kẖin ṯis bin reh na sakā ji*o cẖāṯrik jal ka*o billāṯā.
I cannot live without Him, even for an instant. I cry out for Him, just as the song-bird cries for the drop of water.
ਹਉ ਕਿਆ ਗੁਣ ਤੇਰੇ ਸਾਰਿ ਸਮਾਲੀ ਮੈ ਨਿਰਗੁਣ ਕਉ ਰਖਿ ਲੇਤਾ ॥੨॥
हउ किआ गुण तेरे सारि समाली मै निरगुण कउ रखि लेता ॥२॥
Ha*o ki*ā guṇ ṯėrė sār samālī mai nirguṇ ka*o rakẖ lėṯā. ||2||
Which of Your Glorious Virtues should I sing? You save even worthless beings like me. ||2||
ਹਉ ਭਈ ਉਡੀਣੀ ਕੰਤ ਕਉ ਅੰਮਾਲੀ ਸੋ ਪਿਰੁ ਕਦਿ ਨੈਣੀ ਦੇਖਾ
हउ भई उडीणी कंत कउ अमाली सो पिरु कदि नैणी देखा ॥
Ha*o bẖa*ī udīṇī kanṯ ka*o ammālī so pir kaḏ naiṇī ḏėkẖā.
I have become depressed, waiting for my Husband Lord, O my friend; when shall my eyes behold my Husband?
ਸਭਿ ਰਸ ਭੋਗਣ ਵਿਸਰੇ ਬਿਨੁ ਪਿਰ ਕਿਤੈ ਲੇਖਾ
सभि रस भोगण विसरे बिनु पिर कितै न लेखा ॥
Sabẖ ras bẖogaṇ visrė bin pir kiṯai na lėkẖā.
I have forgotten how to enjoy all pleasures; without my Husband Lord, they are of no use at all.
ਇਹੁ ਕਾਪੜੁ ਤਨਿ ਸੁਖਾਵਈ ਕਰਿ ਸਕਉ ਹਉ ਵੇਸਾ
इहु कापड़ु तनि न सुखावई करि न सकउ हउ वेसा ॥
Ih kāpaṛ ṯan na sukẖva*ī kar na saka*o ha*o vėsā.
These clothes do not please my body; I cannot dress myself.
ਜਿਨੀ ਸਖੀ ਲਾਲੁ ਰਾਵਿਆ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਤਿਨ ਆਗੈ ਹਮ ਆਦੇਸਾ ॥੩॥
जिनी सखी लालु राविआ पिआरा तिन आगै हम आदेसा ॥३॥
Jinī sakẖī lāl rāvi*ā pi*ārā ṯin āgai ham āḏėsā. ||3||
I bow to those friends of mine, who have enjoyed their Beloved Husband Lord. ||3||
ਮੈ ਸਭਿ ਸੀਗਾਰ ਬਣਾਇਆ ਅੰਮਾਲੀ ਬਿਨੁ ਪਿਰ ਕਾਮਿ ਆਏ
मै सभि सीगार बणाइआ अमाली बिनु पिर कामि न आए ॥
Mai sabẖ sīgār baṇā*i*ā ammālī bin pir kām na ā*ė.
I have adorned myself with all sorts of decorations, O my friend, but without my Husband Lord, they are of no use at all.
ਜਾ ਸਹਿ ਬਾਤ ਪੁਛੀਆ ਅੰਮਾਲੀ ਤਾ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜੋਬਨੁ ਸਭੁ ਜਾਏ
जा सहि बात न पुछीआ अमाली ता बिरथा जोबनु सभु जाए ॥
Jā seh bāṯ na pucẖẖī*ā ammālī ṯā birthā joban sabẖ jā*ė.
When my Husband does not care for me, O my friend, then my youth passes, totally useless.
ਧਨੁ ਧਨੁ ਤੇ ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਅੰਮਾਲੀ ਜਿਨ ਸਹੁ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਏ
धनु धनु ते सोहागणी अमाली जिन सहु रहिआ समाए ॥
Ḏẖan ḏẖan ṯė sohāgaṇī ammālī jin saho rahi*ā samā*ė.
Blessed, blessed are the happy soul-brides, O my friend, who are blended with their Husband Lord.
ਹਉ ਵਾਰਿਆ ਤਿਨ ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਅੰਮਾਲੀ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਧੋਵਾ ਸਦ ਪਾਏ ॥੪॥
हउ वारिआ तिन सोहागणी अमाली तिन के धोवा सद पाए ॥४॥
Ha*o vāri*ā ṯin sohāgaṇī ammālī ṯin kė ḏẖovā saḏ pā*ė. ||4||
I am a sacrifice to those happy soul-brides; I wash their feet again and again. ||4||
ਜਿਚਰੁ ਦੂਜਾ ਭਰਮੁ ਸਾ ਅੰਮਾਲੀ ਤਿਚਰੁ ਮੈ ਜਾਣਿਆ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਦੂਰੇ
जिचरु दूजा भरमु सा अमाली तिचरु मै जाणिआ प्रभु दूरे ॥
Jicẖar ḏūjā bẖaram sā ammālī ṯicẖar mai jāṇi*ā parabẖ ḏūrė.
As long as I suffered from duality and doubt, O my friend, I thought God was far away.
ਜਾ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਪੂਰਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਅੰਮਾਲੀ ਤਾ ਆਸਾ ਮਨਸਾ ਸਭ ਪੂਰੇ
जा मिलिआ पूरा सतिगुरू अमाली ता आसा मनसा सभ पूरे ॥
Jā mili*ā pūrā saṯgurū ammālī ṯā āsā mansā sabẖ pūrė.
But when I met the Perfect True Guru, O my friend, then all my hopes and desires were fulfilled.
ਮੈ ਸਰਬ ਸੁਖਾ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਇਆ ਅੰਮਾਲੀ ਪਿਰੁ ਸਰਬ ਰਹਿਆ ਭਰਪੂਰੇ
मै सरब सुखा सुख पाइआ अमाली पिरु सरब रहिआ भरपूरे ॥
Mai sarab sukẖā sukẖ pā*i*ā ammālī pir sarab rahi*ā bẖarpūrė.
I have obtained all pleasures and comforts, O my friend; my Husband Lord is all-pervading everywhere.
ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗੁ ਮਾਣਿਆ ਅੰਮਾਲੀ ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਲਗਿ ਪੈਰੇ ॥੫॥੧॥੯॥
जन नानक हरि रंगु माणिआ अमाली गुर सतिगुर कै लगि पैरे ॥५॥१॥९॥
Jan Nānak har rang māṇi*ā ammālī gur saṯgur kai lag pairė. ||5||1||9||
Servant Nanak enjoys the Lord's Love, O my friend; I fall at the feet of the Guru, the True Guru. ||5||1||9||

Many Thanks

JAtinder Singh

Last edited by a moderator:

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Balbir Singh Ji

Its very beautiful shabad .

what I know understand is that sajjan is the growing counciousness/Awareness that is witness the Durja / tricky mind

Then One more question came up .

is this Sajjan is also the guide guiding us back home?

thanks for your efforts

Jatinder Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM