• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Kaur Is My Name! (Music & Lyrics, From Maple Leaf Sikh Blog)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
YouTube - Kaur is my name!

This song is from the Jakara 2006 Regional Mata Khivi Day. This particular clip was taken from their San Jose group, but the song was sung across California on Saturday October 28, 2006. In 9 cities (Livingston, Turlock, Fresno, San Jose, El Sobrante, Sacramento, Los Angeles, Orange County, and Bakersfield) the Sikh youth came together to celebrate Mata Khivi as well as discuss gender-based issues that still effect our community today. Become part of the change. We are the movement. For more details visit Jakara Movement - we are the movement.

By popular demand, here are the lyrics. Feel free to sing-along...

Kaur, Kaur, Kaur is my name (tap chest 3 times with hand open)
I'm the Guru's daughter (hands together and touch top of head as if crowning)
I am filled with strength
Gurbani is my water. (reach to the sky)

Kaur Kaur Kaur is my name (tap chest 3 times with hand open)
The Guru has made me a queen (hands together and touch top of head as if crowning)
I will always believe in myself
And always reach for my dreams (reach to the sky)

Kaur Kaur Kaur is my name (tap chest 3 times with hand open)
And I know the Guru loves me (hug self)
Strong, Smart, and Beautiful am I (flex, point to temple, open hand down forehead to mouth over face)
Second to No-bod-ee (nobody) (put two fingers up and nod head saying no)

Maple Leaf Sikh: Kaur is my name!

Attachments

• kaur.jpg
    kaur.jpg
    36 KB · Reads: 262
Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
re: Kaur is My Name! (Music & Lyrics, from Maple Leaf Sikh blog)

If you know what they are I can put them in-- I don't know -- but I had a hard time understanding what they were singing.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
OK - When do we sing????

I looked for a 2007/8/9 and 2010 You Tube of this but could not find one. Sob!

We sing immediately.

I would guess that if you didn't find them, they aren't there. This is cool enough to stand on its own, I think. icecreamkauricecreamkudiicecreammunda (I made one for Singh, too, but he looked pretty bad with ice cream all over his beard, so he's in hiding until he finesses his ice cream licking.).

(We need a "cool" Smiley.)

bani1313

SPNer
Sep 10, 2010
Big smiles.

:happykaur::happykudi::happykaur::shykudi:welcomekaurwelcomekauricecreamkudi:coolkudi:cheerleader

But why did they leave off the lyrics of the first verse?
bhenj wjk khalsa
wjk fateh ji
its relly shocking and surprising and a big shame to we indians we are from that land guruan piran di dharti but we are far away from sikhi gursikhs like u are idol for us please give us asis that we should also be dedicated and respectful to GURU PATSHAH JI'S PYARI SIKKHI
GURFATEH JI

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
bhenj wjk khalsa
wjk fateh ji
its relly shocking and surprising and a big shame to we indians we are from that land guruan piran di dharti but we are far away from sikhi gursikhs like u are idol for us please give us asis that we should also be dedicated and respectful to GURU PATSHAH JI'S PYARI SIKKHI
GURFATEH JI

LOL. Sure. I'll do whatever I can to help. What do you have in mind?

I am looking for someone who might like to translate my blog, The Road To Khalistan, or at least our 1984 stories and new posts intro Punjabi. Much of my work is in the blog and that is probably the best way I can help.

I would be willing to start a new blog, in Punjabi, with possibly a less provocative header picture.

bani1313

SPNer
Sep 10, 2010
bhenji
wjk khalsa
wjk fateh ji.................................
good luck dear sister you are doing tremedously remarkable sewa for khalsa panth ji,writing is also the silent sharp weapon which targets straightly to your heart and awaken you from dark asleep today this is the utmost need that we should be united and tell the world what actually sikh is,its a mixture of NAAM SEWA SACRIFICE MARTYR'S SPREADING THE MESSAGE OF LOVE AND BROTHER HOOD AND THE SPIRIT OF ONNESS TO ALL.please carry on with your job AKAL PURAKH JI ATE GURU GOBIND SINGH JI is with you,further if you think that i am capable kindly tell me what i should do to join this mahan sewa
ok ji GURFATEH JI
INDERJEET SINGH
AMRITSAR:seriousmunda::seriousmunda:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM