• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Kara

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Very cool, thanks for explaining I love SarblohJi!
sure please put up Bat Singh...lol I'd really enjoy it. And Balbir Kaur beats Wonder Woman any day. I like the character, what can I say Sikh Mutants, brilliant.
A turban too, way fantastic:)
Bat Singh has been uploaded. I gotta warn you it's not my best work. :hmm:
ENJOY!

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
heh, I enjoyed Bat Singh. work is something ...in progress. I write, and some things are better than others. Fateh Singh is great! has so much energy and presence.
Hey, thanks for ur mini critique.:up:
I wish the devart community would give more of those.:unsure:
It really helps u see where ur strengths and weaknesses lie. :) and helps u improve ur work.

Kulbirrose

SPNer
Sep 2, 2014
Greetings, everyone; I have a question about the kara. I have seen various forms of it; some are very heavy and thick, some have ridges that come to a point, some have ridges that do not come to a point, how did these different forms come about? I was given gifts of two very interesting kara; the first kara is a very heavy steel lock washer that had the ends soldered together to form an unbroken circle, though the ends are not flush with each other, and the second kara is made of steel rebar, where the rebar was heated so that it could be bent into a perfect circle and the ends soldered. I wear them all the time and they feel great. Yes, they are heavy, but I like that, since I am always reminded of them, and that they are from Guru. Could someone tell me the history of the different forms of kara, please? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

ruby1

SPNer
Feb 25, 2015
Kara can be worn in any arm. During war times it was worn for safety of hand from sword or other weapon. It has no beginning and ending points and resemble the creation of the universe we live in without its origin and ending.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM