• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Bhagats Kabir

Jul 13, 2004
UK
Waheguruji ka khalsa Waheguruji ki fateh.

I am looking for information on Kabir. Yesterday I was told of an event by a Sadhu where Kabir was praising Bhagwan Swaminarayan as SADGURU and singing to him. I am wondering if this is the same Kabir as in Sikhism, I mentioned of Kabir writing in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and he said he this it is ths same Kabir.

~CaramelChocolate~

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India
can u describe the event in detail?

but yeah the bani of kabirji is in Sri guru granth sahib ji,but in SGGS whole compilation of Sant kabir is not there..and his poems are recited in hindu temples too.

Jul 13, 2004
UK
Heres the story:

c. In Sarangpur during the year 1809, at Rathod Dhadhal's home, Lord Swaminarayan had sung a poem by Kabir describing the ultimate glory of God's Saint. After this, He said, "Such a Saint is Gunatitanand Swami, and I am incarnate Purushottam."

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Caramel

As far as I know There is only One kabir who is assosiated with indian history and the bani of same kabir is in Guru Granth Sahib

Jul 13, 2004
UK
drkhalsa said:
Dear Caramel

As far as I know There is only One kabir who is assosiated with indian history and the bani of same kabir is in Guru Granth Sahib
Ok so why would the same Kabir praise Swaminarayan as Sadguru then regard him as God when he declared he was God when this would be in conflict with the teahcings of Sikhism?

~CaramelChocolate~

anders

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
Sweden
Kabir can't unequivocally be assigned to any religion but his own views. One example is that he very often uses the name Ram when referring to his God, but he does not mean the Hindu God Rama, but uses the name as a generic name for God. A fairly good overview of similar problems is The Sants. Studies in a Devotional Tradition of India, eds. Karine Schomer and W.H. McLeod.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM