Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

General Joliet cop beats up veteran, screaming "{censored word, do not repeat.}ing Arab!"

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by drkhalsa, Apr 13, 2007.

1. drkhalsa

drkhalsa
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Joliet cop beats up Sikh veteran, screaming "{censored word, do not repeat.}ing Arab!"

A Sikh US Gulf War veteran was pepper-sprayed and beaten by a Joliet, IL cop, who screamed racial slurs at him while he whacked the vet with his baton. The Sikh man had left his junker van in his driveway, the cop asked him to put it in his garage. The vet said that his van was inoperable, and his driveway was his personal property. The cop called him a {censored word, do not repeat.}ing Arab, a {censored word, do not repeat.}ing immigrant, and told him to go back to his {censored word, do not repeat.}ing country.
    Mr. Nag then came outside to answer the officer’s questions regarding the van. The Joliet police officer then demanded that Mr. Nag park the van inside his garage and not on the driveway, to which Mr. Nag responded to the officer that it was not possible and that regardless, the van is parked on his private property and he has a right to park it on his driveway. At this moment, the officer pulled out his pepper spray and attacked Mr. Nag. As Mr. Nag screamed in agony, the officer removed his baton and violently struck Mr. Nag numerous times until he fell to the ground. While the assault ensued, the officer was reported by both Mr. and Mrs. Nag as saying, “You f****** Arab! You f***** immigrant, go back to you f****** country before I kill you!”
    ----------------------------------------

2. Loading...

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Drkhalsa ji

How did this end? Was the policeman suspended? Any investigation or follow-up in the news? Gads!

4. drkhalsa

drkhalsa
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Thanks for Your Service, Veteran- Now "Go Back to Your F****** Country" [UPDATED]News

I have had a fever for most of the day, so when I woke up and checked my GMail, I thought I was hallucinating while reading something sent out via ASATA (Alliance of South Asians Taking Action). SALDEF (The Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Fund) just issued a press release regarding an incident which makes me sick; Kuldip Singh Nag, a...............................

HERE IS A LINK

I hope it helps

Jatinder Singh

5. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Ji

Thanks for the link. One ray of hope is that this is being followed in a forum and that some very reputable organizations have taken hold of it. But you are right, this story will be followed by another and another.

:) if we can