• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Jiddu Krishnamurthi

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Pk70 ji

Thanks. I said in an earlier post that I could never "get" what Krishnamurti was talking about. Each sentence turns around on itself like a snake eating its own tail -- around and around. You picked out some lines that are good examples of the kind of thing I am confused by.

At one level, of course the mind can only know what it knows. But look at that thought and tell me if it is circular reasoning. How did what the mind knows get in "the black box" to begin with. Sometimes the mind is "aware" that there is something it does not "understand" -- something "out there" that is creating a "gap" in understanding. It struggles and struggles, tries to make sense, creates some educated guesses, tests them, maybe draws a conclusion or two, gives the conclusion a name or labels it, and if the mind is open -- allows for the possibility of being wrong and a "change of mind." My humble opinion -- the mind is not a box but a process.

And that is why people take on the search for the Divine -- and have for centuries -- there is something greater than the collective knowledge of every human in every age that makes our minds seem puny by comparison.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<And that is why people take on the search for the Divine -- and have for centuries -- there is something greater than the collective knowledge of every human in every age that makes our minds seem puny by comparison. >>

aad ji

the verses from japji sahib

same thoughts :)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
amarsanghera ji

Thanks for pointing that out. Makes me feel better -- of course, until, someone replies and says I was brainwashed :inca:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM