• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Janam Sakhi Are True Events

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: 'Janam Sakhi' Are True Events

Singh ji

Nothing was directed at you and I was completely serious, not sarcastic. My comments were completely and only a response to respected forum member, Gyani ji.

In post number 78, you can see that I quoted Gyani ji's remarks (they are the sections in blue font). And then after the quote I addressed Gyani ji directly (in black font). So sorry that you were offended by my remarks. They had nothing whatsoever to do with you or your comments.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

Aad ji the Shabad does not say what you have said about it. This shabad is talking about the one who performs the miracle will forget the Lord and go astray performing it. Now are you saying after Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji beheaded the Panj Pyare he went astray and forgot the Lord or there is a chance he went astray and because of the sangat aweing Guru ji there is a chance Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji, our Guru went astray.

Also please explain to me the blood on Guru Sahibs sword after he came out of the tent. Where did that blood come from?

Did it come from a sheep as some have said about this Sakhi. If so this would mean Guru Sahib lied to the Sangat by taking the Panj Pyare in a tent out of sight then coming out into the sangat with a ****** sword but not the blood of the Panj pyare and making it look like it was the Panj Pyare. Would our Guru Sahib deceive his Sikhs in such a way.

Before any one asnwers All our Gurus believed in Truthful living above all.

Blessed, blessed is Guru Raam Daas; He who created You, has also exalted You. Perfect is Your miracle; the Creator Lord Himself has installed You on the throne. The Sikhs and all the Congregation recognize You as the Supreme Lord God, and bow down to You. You are unchanging, unfathomable and immeasurable; You have no end or limitation. Those who serve You with love . You carry them across. Greed, envy, sexual desire, anger and emotional attachment . You have beaten them and driven them out. Blessed is Your place, and True is Your magnificent glory. You are Nanak, You are Angad, and You are Amar Daas; so do I recognize You. When I saw the Guru, then my mind was comforted and consoled. || 7 || The four Gurus enlightened the four ages; the Lord Himself assumed the fifth form. He created Himself, and He Himself is the supporting pillar. He Himself is the paper, He Himself is the pen, and He Himself is the writer. All His followers come and go; He alone is fresh and new. Guru Arjun sits on the throne; the royal canopy waves over the True Guru. From east to west, He illuminates the four directions. Those self-willed manmukhs who do not serve the Guru die in shame. Your miracles increase two-fold, even four-fold; this is the True Lord.s true blessing. The four Gurus enlightened the four ages;​
the Lord Himself assumed the fifth form. || 8 || 1 || ang 968

Read the above shabad sangat ji

After reading this shabad I am willing to say and have said anyone that says the Sakhi of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji beheading each Panj Pyare as they went into the tent is a false Sakhi then that person themselves is false. And please understand the depth of what I have just said here.

Our Great Guru are able to do all things as the above Shabad says the Lord took the form as the Fifth Guru, now how is some one going to come out and say the Sakhi is false.

The way I wrote this post as I write many sound like I am mad, but I am not mad at anyone because they wrote somethng. The ones where I am mad, well the members know which post those are.:)

Singh ji

I have a big problem with your application of this quoted Shabad at SGGS968 because it doesn’t state Guru actually did miracles or can do miracles. In SGGS Ji, miracles are credited to the Lord in all cases, Guru ji also went on saying, all the miracles expressed in the History were done by the Lord. In this very shabad, same honor of the Lord is kept and miracles are credited to the Lord, lets see it
ਧੰਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਗੁਰੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਿਰਿਆ ਤਿਨੈ ਸਵਾਰਿਆ ਪੂਰੀ ਹੋਈ ਕਰਾਮਾਤਿ ਆਪਿ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰੈ ਧਾਰਿਆ ਸਿਖੀ ਅਤੈ ਸੰਗਤੀ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਕਰਿ ਨਮਸਕਾਰਿਆ
Blessed, blessed is Guru Ramdas. The Lord, who created thee; He alone has embellished thee. Complete is thy miracle. The Creator Himself has installed thee on the throne. Deeming thee as the Transcendent Lord, thine followers and congregation bow before thee.
ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਧੰਨ ਹੈ ਧੰਨ ਹੈ! ਜਿਸ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਨੇ (ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ) ਪੈਦਾ ਕੀਤਾ ਉਸੇ ਨੇ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਸੋਹਣਾ ਭੀ ਬਣਾਇਆਇਹ ਇਕ ਮੁਕੰਮਲ ਕਰਾਮਾਤਿ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰ ਨੇ ਖ਼ੁਦ (ਆਪਣੇ ਆਪ ਨੂੰ ਉਸ ਵਿਚ) ਟਿਕਾਇਆ ਹੈਸਭ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਨੇ ਤੇ ਸੰਗਤਾਂ ਨੇ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ ਜਾਣ ਕੇ ਬੰਦਨਾ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੈ
The Lord created the Guru and embellished the Guru. It is a miracle(done by the Lord); Lord Himself installed Himself in Him. Being one with Lord, Sangat revered the Guru as Lord’s own form (roop). To whom credit is given? Answer is to the Lord.
ਅਟਲੁ ਅਥਾਹੁ ਅਤੋਲੁ ਤੂ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਪਾਰਾਵਾਰਿਆ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਤੂੰ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਭਾਉ ਕਰਿ ਸੇ ਤੁਧੁ ਪਾਰਿ ਉਤਾਰਿਆ ਲਬੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਮਾਰਿ ਕਢੇ ਤੁਧੁ ਸਪਰਵਾਰਿਆ ਧੰਨੁ ਸੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਥਾਨੁ ਹੈ ਸਚੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਪੈਸਕਾਰਿਆ
Thou art Unshakable, Unfathomable and Unweighable. Thou hast no end or bounds. They, who serve thee with love Then thou ferrieest across. Thou hast beaten and driven out avarice, covetousness, sexual desire, wrath and worldly love with all their ramifications. Praiseworthy is Thy place and true are thine bounties.
(ਹੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ!) ਤੂੰ ਸਦਾ ਕਾਇਮ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈਂ, ਤੈਨੂੰ ਤੋਲਿਆ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ (ਭਾਵ, ਤੇਰੇ ਗੁਣ ਗਿਣੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾ ਸਕਦੇ; ਤੂੰ ਇਕ ਐਸਾ ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਹੈਂ ਜਿਸ ਦੀ) ਹਾਥ ਨਹੀਂ ਪੈ ਸਕਦੀ, ਪਾਰਲੇ ਤੇ ਉਰਲੇ ਬੰਨੇ ਦਾ ਅੰਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਪੈ ਸਕਦਾਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਬੰਦਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਪਿਆਰ ਨਾਲ ਤੇਰਾ ਹੁਕਮ ਮੰਨਿਆ ਹੈ ਤੂੰ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ (ਸੰਸਾਰ-ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਤੋਂ) ਪਾਰ ਲੰਘਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ ਤੂੰ ਲੱਬ, ਲੋਭ, ਕਾਮ, ਕ੍ਰੋਧ, ਮੋਹ ਤੇ ਹੋਰ ਸਾਰੇ ਵਿਕਾਰ ਮਾਰ ਕੇ ਕੱਢ ਦਿੱਤੇ ਹਨ। (ਹੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ!) ਮੈਂ ਸਦਕੇ ਹਾਂ ਉਸ ਥਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਜਿਥੇ ਤੂੰ ਵੱਸਿਆਤੇਰੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਸਦਾ ਅਟੱਲ ਹੈ
Now the praise of Guru is expressed who has become one with the Lord. Now question is, how to serve the Guru, is it limited to physical service or it goes beyond it. Hypocrites are very good at doing physical service that is not what Guru wants. It was surrendering the ego to Guru and obeying doubtlessly. Who did it they were saved (will be). Again here Guru’s helping the people is praised.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤੂ ਲਹਣਾ ਤੂਹੈ ਗੁਰੁ ਅਮਰੁ ਤੂ ਵੀਚਾਰਿਆ ਗੁਰੁ ਡਿਠਾ ਤਾਂ ਮਨੁ ਸਾਧਾਰਿਆ
Thou art Nanak, thou art Angad and thou art Guru Amardas. So do I deem thee. When I saw the Guru, then was my soul sustained.
(ਹੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਜੀ!) ਤੂੰ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੈਂ, ਤੂੰ ਹੀ ਬਾਬਾ ਲਹਣਾ ਹੈਂ, ਮੈਂ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਮਰਦਾਸ ਸਮਝਿਆ ਹੈ। (ਜਿਸ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੇ) ਗੁਰੂ (ਰਾਮਦਾਸ) ਦਾ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ ਉਸੇ ਦਾ ਮਨ ਤਦੋਂ ਟਿਕਾਣੇ ਆ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ
Who met Guru Nanak, his second Mehal Guru Angad, third Mehal Guru Amardas, their mind got stilled, this is the way Guru changed the lives of many.
ਚਾਰੇ ਜਾਗੇ ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗੀ ਪੰਚਾਇਣੁ ਆਪੇ ਹੋਆ
The four Gurus illumined their own four times. Thou, O Nanak, thyself hast assumed the fifth form.
ਚਾਰੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਆਪੋ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਮੇ ਰੌਸ਼ਨ ਹੋਏ ਹਨ, ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਆਪ ਹੀ (ਉਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ) ਪਰਗਟ ਹੋਇਆ
Through these four forms, the Lord Himself showed Himself to save people.
ਆਪੀਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੈ ਆਪੁ ਸਾਜਿਓਨੁ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਥੰਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਖਲੋਆ
Thou Thyself didst create the world and thyself art its ever standing pillar.
ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਨੇ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਆਪਣੇ ਆਪ ਨੂੰ (ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਦੇ ਰੂਪ ਵਿਚ) ਜ਼ਾਹਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਤੇ ਆਪ ਹੀ (ਗੁਰੂ-ਰੂਪ ਹੋ ਕੇ) ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਨੂੰ ਸਹਾਰਾ ਦੇ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ
Again praise goes back to the Lord who is able to do all this because He is the support of this; He creates such enlightened ones and supports them. Again it is the Lord gets all credit.
ਆਪੇ ਪਟੀ ਕਲਮ ਆਪਿ ਆਪਿ ਲਿਖਣਹਾਰਾ ਹੋਆ
Thou thyself art the tablet, thyself the pen and thyself hast become the writer.
Praise continues, the Lord Himself does all (Hint is about Gurbani to guide the souls.)
(ਜੀਵਾਂ ਦੀ ਅਗਵਾਈ ਲਈ, ਪੂਰਨੇ ਪਾਣ ਲਈ) ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਪੱਟੀ ਹੈ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਕਲਮ ਹੈ ਤੇ (ਗੁਰੂ-ਰੂਪ ਹੋ ਕੇ) ਆਪ ਹੀ ਪੂਰਨੇ ਲਿਖਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈ
ਸਭ ਉਮਤਿ ਆਵਣ ਜਾਵਣੀ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਨਵਾ ਨਿਰੋਆ
Thine followers are all subject to coming and going. Thou art ever safe and sound.
ਸਾਰੀ ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਤਾਂ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਦੇ ਗੇੜ ਵਿਚ ਹੈ, ਪਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਆਪ (ਸਦਾ) ਨਵਾਂ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਨਿਰੋਆ ਹੈ (ਭਾਵ, ਹਰ ਨਵੇਂ ਰੰਗ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਨਿਰਲੇਪ ਭੀ ਹੈ)
Again the eternity of the Lord is expressed

ਤਖਤਿ ਬੈਠਾ ਅਰਜਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਖਿਵੈ ਚੰਦੋਆ ਉਗਵਣਹੁ ਤੈ ਆਥਵਣਹੁ ਚਹੁ ਚਕੀ ਕੀਅਨੁ ਲੋਆ
Guru Arjan is seated on Guru Nanak's throne and the True Guru's canopy shines over him. From east to west, thou hast illumined the four directions.
(ਉਸ ਨਵੇਂ ਨਿਰੋਏ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਬਖ਼ਸ਼ੇ) ਤਖ਼ਤ ਉੱਤੇ (ਜਿਸ ਉੱਤੇ ਪਹਿਲੇ ਚਾਰੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਆਪੋ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਮੇ ਰੌਸ਼ਨ ਹੋਏ ਸਨ, ਹੁਣ) ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਬੈਠਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ, ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਚੰਦੋਆ ਚਮਕ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ, (ਭਾਵ, ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦਾ ਤੇਜ-ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪ ਸਾਰੇ ਪਸਰ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ)ਸੂਰਜ ਉੱਗਣ ਤੋਂ (ਡੁੱਬਣ ਤਕ) ਅਤੇ ਡੁੱਬਣ ਤੋਂ (ਚੜ੍ਹਨ ਤਕ) ਚਹੁੰ ਚੱਕਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਇਸ (ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ) ਨੇ ਚਾਨਣ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ
It states that Guru Arjan sits on Guru Nanak’s thrown and his canopy shines means Guru ji is accepted and revered as Guru guides the people towards the Lord
ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਸੇਵਿਓ ਮਨਮੁਖਾ ਪਇਆ ਮੋਆ ਦੂਣੀ ਚਉਣੀ ਕਰਾਮਾਤਿ ਸਚੇ ਕਾ ਸਚਾ ਢੋਆ ਚਾਰੇ ਜਾਗੇ ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗੀ ਪੰਚਾਇਣੁ ਆਪੇ ਹੋਆ
The apostates, who serve not their Guru, die an ignoble death. This is the True Guru's true blessing on thee that thine miracles increase two-fold and four-fold. The four Guru's illumined their own four times, Thou, O Nanak, thyself has assumed the filth form.
ਆਪਣੇ ਮਨ ਦੇ ਪਿੱਛੇ ਤੁਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਬੰਦਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਹੁਕਮ ਨਾਹ ਮੰਨਿਆ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਮਰੀ ਪੈ ਗਈ, (ਭਾਵ, ਉਹ ਆਤਮਕ ਮੌਤੇ ਮਰ ਗਏ)ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਦੀ (ਦਿਨ-) ਦੂਣੀ ਤੇ ਰਾਤ ਚਾਰ-ਗੁਣੀ ਬਜ਼ੁਰਗੀ ਵਧ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ; (ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਨੂੰ) ਗੁਰੂ, ਸੱਚੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੀ ਸੱਚੀ ਸੁਗ਼ਾਤ ਹੈਚਾਰੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਆਪੋ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਮੇ ਵਿਚ ਰੌਸ਼ਨ ਹੋਏ, ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ (ਉਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ) ਪਰਗਟ ਹੋਇਆ
Miracle of the Lord to create Guru is expressed, good name of the Guru has been kept over time by the Lord, again the credit is given to the Lord who Himself through Guru Nanak and his other Mehalas infused the light in the people. Who didn’t obey the Guru, they suffered, who followed they got saved as stated earlier.
So Singh Sahib ji, this shabad is not saying what you are claiming, please do not try to use Gurbani to support what you believe is right. Whatever you believe, I am fine with that. Gurmat gives credit of Miracles to the Lord only if we the followers of Guru ji take that honor away from the Lord, we truly are not following Guru ji. Who becomes one with the Lord, why would he need credit of such things? Only one who deserve credit of all miracles is the Lord Himself:)

Singh ji

I have a big problem with your application of this quoted Shabad at SGGS968 because it doesn’t state Guru actually did miracles or can do miracles. In SGGS Ji, miracles are credited to the Lord in all cases, Guru ji also went on saying, all the miracles expressed in the History were done by the Lord. In this very shabad, same honor of the Lord is kept and miracles are credited to the Lord, lets see it
ਧੰਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਗੁਰੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਿਰਿਆ ਤਿਨੈ ਸਵਾਰਿਆ ਪੂਰੀ ਹੋਈ ਕਰਾਮਾਤਿ ਆਪਿ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰੈ ਧਾਰਿਆ ਸਿਖੀ ਅਤੈ ਸੰਗਤੀ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਕਰਿ ਨਮਸਕਾਰਿਆ
Blessed, blessed is Guru Ramdas. The Lord, who created thee; He alone has embellished thee. Complete is thy miracle. The Creator Himself has installed thee on the throne. Deeming thee as the Transcendent Lord, thine followers and congregation bow before thee.
ਗੁਰੂਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਧੰਨ ਹੈ ਧੰਨ ਹੈ! ਜਿਸ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਨੇ (ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ) ਪੈਦਾ ਕੀਤਾ ਉਸੇਨੇ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਸੋਹਣਾ ਭੀ ਬਣਾਇਆਇਹ ਇਕ ਮੁਕੰਮਲ ਕਰਾਮਾਤਿ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰ ਨੇਖ਼ੁਦ (ਆਪਣੇ ਆਪ ਨੂੰ ਉਸ ਵਿਚ) ਟਿਕਾਇਆ ਹੈਸਭ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਨੇ ਤੇ ਸੰਗਤਾਂ ਨੇ ਉਸ ਨੂੰਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ ਜਾਣ ਕੇ ਬੰਦਨਾ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੈ
The Lord created the Guru and embellished the Guru. It is a miracle(done by the Lord); Lord Himself installed Himself in Him. Being one with Lord, Sangat revered the Guru as Lord’s own form (roop). To whom credit is given? Answer is to the Lord.
ਅਟਲੁ ਅਥਾਹੁ ਅਤੋਲੁ ਤੂ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਪਾਰਾਵਾਰਿਆ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਤੂੰ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਭਾਉ ਕਰਿ ਸੇ ਤੁਧੁ ਪਾਰਿ ਉਤਾਰਿਆ ਲਬੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਮਾਰਿ ਕਢੇ ਤੁਧੁ ਸਪਰਵਾਰਿਆ ਧੰਨੁ ਸੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਥਾਨੁ ਹੈ ਸਚੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਪੈਸਕਾਰਿਆ
Thou art Unshakable, Unfathomable and Unweighable. Thou hast no end or bounds. They, who serve thee with love Then thou ferrieest across. Thou hast beaten and driven out avarice, covetousness, sexual desire, wrath and worldly love with all their ramifications. Praiseworthy is Thy place and true are thine bounties.
(ਹੇਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ!) ਤੂੰ ਸਦਾ ਕਾਇਮ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈਂ, ਤੈਨੂੰ ਤੋਲਿਆ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ (ਭਾਵ, ਤੇਰੇ ਗੁਣ ਗਿਣੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾ ਸਕਦੇ; ਤੂੰ ਇਕ ਐਸਾ ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਹੈਂ ਜਿਸ ਦੀ) ਹਾਥਨਹੀਂ ਪੈ ਸਕਦੀ, ਪਾਰਲੇ ਤੇ ਉਰਲੇ ਬੰਨੇ ਦਾ ਅੰਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਪੈ ਸਕਦਾਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਬੰਦਿਆਂ ਨੇਪਿਆਰ ਨਾਲ ਤੇਰਾ ਹੁਕਮ ਮੰਨਿਆ ਹੈ ਤੂੰ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ (ਸੰਸਾਰ-ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਤੋਂ) ਪਾਰ ਲੰਘਾਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ ਤੂੰ ਲੱਬ, ਲੋਭ, ਕਾਮ, ਕ੍ਰੋਧ, ਮੋਹ ਤੇ ਹੋਰ ਸਾਰੇਵਿਕਾਰ ਮਾਰ ਕੇ ਕੱਢ ਦਿੱਤੇ ਹਨ। (ਹੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ!) ਮੈਂ ਸਦਕੇ ਹਾਂ ਉਸ ਥਾਂ ਤੋਂਜਿਥੇ ਤੂੰ ਵੱਸਿਆਤੇਰੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਸਦਾ ਅਟੱਲ ਹੈ
Now the praise of Guru is expressed who has become one with the Lord. Now question is, how to serve the Guru, is it limited to physical service or it goes beyond it. Hypocrites are very good at doing physical service that is not what Guru wants. It was surrendering the ego to Guru and obeying doubtlessly. Who did it they were saved (will be). Again here Guru’s helping the people is praised.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤੂ ਲਹਣਾ ਤੂਹੈ ਗੁਰੁ ਅਮਰੁ ਤੂ ਵੀਚਾਰਿਆ ਗੁਰੁ ਡਿਠਾ ਤਾਂ ਮਨੁ ਸਾਧਾਰਿਆ
Thou art Nanak, thou art Angad and thou art Guru Amardas. So do I deem thee. When I saw the Guru, then was my soul sustained.
(ਹੇਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਜੀ!) ਤੂੰ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੈਂ, ਤੂੰ ਹੀ ਬਾਬਾ ਲਹਣਾ ਹੈਂ, ਮੈਂ ਤੈਨੂੰਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਮਰਦਾਸ ਸਮਝਿਆ ਹੈ। (ਜਿਸ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੇ) ਗੁਰੂ (ਰਾਮਦਾਸ) ਦਾ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈਉਸੇ ਦਾ ਮਨ ਤਦੋਂ ਟਿਕਾਣੇ ਆ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ
Who met Guru Nanak, his second Mehal Guru Angad, third Mehal Guru Amardas, their mind got stilled, this is the way Guru changed the lives of many.
ਚਾਰੇ ਜਾਗੇ ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗੀ ਪੰਚਾਇਣੁ ਆਪੇ ਹੋਆ
The four Gurus illumined their own four times. Thou, O Nanak, thyself hast assumed the fifth form.
ਚਾਰੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਆਪੋ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਮੇ ਰੌਸ਼ਨ ਹੋਏ ਹਨ, ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਆਪ ਹੀ (ਉਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ) ਪਰਗਟ ਹੋਇਆ
Through these four forms, the Lord Himself showed Himself to save people.
ਆਪੀਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੈ ਆਪੁ ਸਾਜਿਓਨੁ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਥੰਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਖਲੋਆ
Thou Thyself didst create the world and thyself art its ever standing pillar.
ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਨੇ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਆਪਣੇ ਆਪ ਨੂੰ (ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਦੇ ਰੂਪ ਵਿਚ) ਜ਼ਾਹਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਤੇ ਆਪ ਹੀ (ਗੁਰੂ-ਰੂਪ ਹੋ ਕੇ) ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਨੂੰ ਸਹਾਰਾ ਦੇ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ
Again praise goes back to the Lord who is able to do all this because He is the support of this; He creates such enlightened ones and supports them. Again it is the Lord gets all credit.
ਆਪੇ ਪਟੀ ਕਲਮ ਆਪਿ ਆਪਿ ਲਿਖਣਹਾਰਾ ਹੋਆ
Thou thyself art the tablet, thyself the pen and thyself hast become the writer.
Praise continues, the Lord Himself does all (Hint is about Gurbani to guide the souls.)
(ਜੀਵਾਂ ਦੀ ਅਗਵਾਈ ਲਈ, ਪੂਰਨੇ ਪਾਣ ਲਈ) ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਪੱਟੀ ਹੈ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਕਲਮ ਹੈ ਤੇ (ਗੁਰੂ-ਰੂਪ ਹੋ ਕੇ) ਆਪ ਹੀ ਪੂਰਨੇ ਲਿਖਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈ
ਸਭ ਉਮਤਿ ਆਵਣ ਜਾਵਣੀ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਨਵਾ ਨਿਰੋਆ
Thine followers are all subject to coming and going. Thou art ever safe and sound.
ਸਾਰੀ ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਤਾਂ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਦੇ ਗੇੜ ਵਿਚ ਹੈ, ਪਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਆਪ (ਸਦਾ) ਨਵਾਂ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਨਿਰੋਆ ਹੈ (ਭਾਵ, ਹਰ ਨਵੇਂ ਰੰਗ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਨਿਰਲੇਪ ਭੀ ਹੈ)
Again the eternity of the Lord is expressed

ਤਖਤਿ ਬੈਠਾ ਅਰਜਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਖਿਵੈ ਚੰਦੋਆ ਉਗਵਣਹੁ ਤੈ ਆਥਵਣਹੁ ਚਹੁ ਚਕੀ ਕੀਅਨੁ ਲੋਆ
Guru Arjan is seated on Guru Nanak's throne and the True Guru's canopy shines over him. From east to west, thou hast illumined the four directions.
(ਉਸਨਵੇਂ ਨਿਰੋਏ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਬਖ਼ਸ਼ੇ) ਤਖ਼ਤ ਉੱਤੇ (ਜਿਸ ਉੱਤੇ ਪਹਿਲੇ ਚਾਰੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਆਪੋ ਆਪਣੇਸਮੇ ਰੌਸ਼ਨ ਹੋਏ ਸਨ, ਹੁਣ) ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਬੈਠਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ, ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਚੰਦੋਆ ਚਮਕ ਰਿਹਾਹੈ, (ਭਾਵ, ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦਾ ਤੇਜ-ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪ ਸਾਰੇ ਪਸਰ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ)ਸੂਰਜ ਉੱਗਣਤੋਂ (ਡੁੱਬਣ ਤਕ) ਅਤੇ ਡੁੱਬਣ ਤੋਂ (ਚੜ੍ਹਨ ਤਕ) ਚਹੁੰ ਚੱਕਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਇਸ (ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ)ਨੇ ਚਾਨਣ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ
It states that Guru Arjan sits on Guru Nanak’s thrown and his canopy shines means Guru ji is accepted and revered as Guru guides the people towards the Lord
ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਸੇਵਿਓ ਮਨਮੁਖਾ ਪਇਆ ਮੋਆ ਦੂਣੀ ਚਉਣੀ ਕਰਾਮਾਤਿ ਸਚੇ ਕਾ ਸਚਾ ਢੋਆ ਚਾਰੇ ਜਾਗੇ ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗੀ ਪੰਚਾਇਣੁ ਆਪੇ ਹੋਆ
The apostates, who serve not their Guru, die an ignoble death. This is the True Guru's true blessing on thee that thine miracles increase two-fold and four-fold. The four Guru's illumined their own four times, Thou, O Nanak, thyself has assumed the filth form.
ਆਪਣੇਮਨ ਦੇ ਪਿੱਛੇ ਤੁਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਬੰਦਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਹੁਕਮ ਨਾਹ ਮੰਨਿਆ ਉਹਨਾਂਨੂੰ ਮਰੀ ਪੈ ਗਈ, (ਭਾਵ, ਉਹ ਆਤਮਕ ਮੌਤੇ ਮਰ ਗਏ)ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਦੀ (ਦਿਨ-) ਦੂਣੀ ਤੇਰਾਤ ਚਾਰ-ਗੁਣੀ ਬਜ਼ੁਰਗੀ ਵਧ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ; (ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਨੂੰ) ਗੁਰੂ, ਸੱਚੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੀ ਸੱਚੀਸੁਗ਼ਾਤ ਹੈਚਾਰੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਆਪੋ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਮੇ ਵਿਚ ਰੌਸ਼ਨ ਹੋਏ, ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ (ਉਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ)ਪਰਗਟ ਹੋਇਆ
Miracle of the Lord to create Guru is expressed, good name of the Guru has been kept over time by the Lord, again the credit is given to the Lord who Himself through Guru Nanak and his other Mehalas infused the light in the people. Who didn’t obey the Guru, they suffered, who followed they got saved as stated earlier.
So Singh Sahib ji, this shabad is not saying what you are claiming, please do not try to use Gurbani to support what you believe is right. Whatever you believe, I am fine with that. Gurmat gives credit of Miracles to the Lord only if we the followers of Guru ji take that honor away from the Lord, we truly are not following Guru ji. Who becomes one with the Lord, why would he need credit of such things? Only one who deserve credit of all miracles is the Lord Himself:)

PK70 ji

You put a smile on my face with this post. I completely agree with you the credit for all miracles go to the Lord. The reason why I presented this shabad is because of the last tuk. Neither have I stated that this shabad says Guru ji did miracles or can do miracles.

The four Gurus enlightened the four ages;the Lord Himself assumed the fifth form. || 8 || 1 || ang 968

I was simply pointing out this last tuk in the shabad and it just happened in this shabad Guru ji spoke about miracles.:) I should have made the tuk bold, but was hasty in my response. I apoligize for the confusion and will try to be more clear next time.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
another sakhi full of holes...but very popular with sant baba types of story tellers..

The sakhi of Saman..and Moosan..father and Son sikhs of Guru Arjun Ji Sahib...ostensibly too poor to feed the Guur and His Sangat..BUT desirous of hosting a Diwan and Guru ka Langgar at their premises...so they invite the Guru and His Sangat..and BREAK into a local rich mans home/hattee through the ROOF..and steal the RATIONS etc for the Diwan. However when exiting the place...the Father goes through the hole, and also the Bag of goodies..BUT the Son gets STUCK. In order to ESCAPE being Identified as thieves..the Father CUTS off the HEAD of his son....and leaves behidn the headless BODY. He takes home the head and hides it. The Next Morning, the rich man discovers a Headless body in his store...and rushes to the Moosan home and begs the Guru Ka Sikh to help him by REMOVING the BODY as soon as possible..and he will pay him a large sum of money too....and so Moosan brings home the body of his son...happy that his secret is preserved...and he gets a huge sum of cash as well...He places the Head and Body on a Manja and covers it with a Chadar...

Meanwhile the Guru Arjun ji and his sangats arrive...and all goes well. Then Guru Ji asks Moosan..where is your son Samman...and Moosan says he is sleeping...so Guru Ji Calls out..Samman Beta...Samman beta..come here...and miracolously the Severed Head joins the Body and Samman comes and matha teks to Guru Ji...ALL IS WELL !!

Lets consider a few points:

1. Guru Ji sees no problem with enjoying the fruits of stolen goods//dead thieves...to boot...So BOTH Guru Jia nd His Sikhs are thieves/accomplices in enjoying fruits of thievery...:stirpot:

2. These thieves..BROKE through the ROOF...while its normal to break through WALLS...as Roof break in needs a LADDER..before and after the event..who HELD THE LADDER ??

3. A Headless body...can be revived..even after a long period and all blood having drained out and brain etc being dead...But such didnt happen to the Hundreds of thousands of SIKH SHAHEEDS..none were REVIVED !!:woohoo:

4. The House owner didnt wake up on hearing the BODY fall..he didnt RECOGNISE his neighbours sons BODY (even if no head )...clothes, body shape etc ?? He then asks his neighbour to HIDE the crime ?? why is he afraid ???:yippie:

5. The Father got through..the Bag of stolen Goods got through..BUT the Son got stuck ?? But wait..didnt the SON also go thorugh on the WAY IN ?? How did that happen ?? did he EAT a huge meal on his way out ?? or he gained weight ??happymunda
Apart from these holes the size of the Ozone Layer Hole in the Sky....what an insult to Guru Ji that teaches us HONEST LABOUR, sharing the fruits of that Honesty...not stealing..NOT.....even for the Guru ??? NO WAY..as Guru Ji declares..CHOR KEE HAMMAH BHAREH NA KOI..no one pays wittness to the THIEF...

This fake fable is based on Guru Arjun Jis chaoboleh on Page 1363 of SGGS..actual viakhiyah doen by Pof Sahib Singh gives the Gurmatt view...

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
another sakhi full of holes...but very popular with sant baba types of story tellers..

The sakhi of Saman..and Moosan..father and Son sikhs of Guru Arjun Ji Sahib...ostensibly too poor to feed the Guru and His Sangat..BUT desirous of hosting a Diwan and Guru ka Langgar at their premises...so they invite the Guru and His Sangat..and BREAK into a local rich mans home/hattee through the ROOF..and steal the RATIONS etc for the Diwan. However when exiting the place...the Father goes through the hole, and also the Bag of goodies..BUT the Son gets STUCK. In order to ESCAPE being Identified as thieves..the Father CUTS off the HEAD of his son....and leaves behidn the headless BODY. He takes home the head and hides it. The Next Morning, the rich man discovers a Headless body in his store...and rushes to the Moosan home and begs the Guru Ka Sikh to help him by REMOVING the BODY as soon as possible..and he will pay him a large sum of money too....and so Moosan brings home the body of his son...happy that his secret is preserved...and he gets a huge sum of cash as well...He places the Head and Body on a Manja and covers it with a Chadar...

Meanwhile the Guru Arjun ji and his sangats arrive...and all goes well. Then Guru Ji asks Moosan..where is your son Samman...and Moosan says he is sleeping...so Guru Ji Calls out..Samman Beta...Samman beta..come here...and miracolously the Severed Head joins the Body and Samman comes and matha teks to Guru Ji...ALL IS WELL !!

Lets consider a few points:

1. Guru Ji sees no problem with enjoying the fruits of stolen goods//dead thieves...to boot...So BOTH Guru Jia nd His Sikhs are thieves/accomplices in enjoying fruits of thievery...:stirpot:

2. These thieves..BROKE through the ROOF...while its normal to break through WALLS...as Roof break in needs a LADDER..before and after the event..who HELD THE LADDER ??

3. A Headless body...can be revived..even after a long period and all blood having drained out and brain etc being dead...But such didnt happen to the Hundreds of thousands of SIKH SHAHEEDS..none were REVIVED !!:woohoo:

4. The House owner didnt wake up on hearing the BODY fall..he didnt RECOGNISE his neighbours sons BODY (even if no head )...clothes, body shape etc ?? He then asks his neighbour to HIDE the crime ?? why is he afraid ???:yippie:

5. The Father got through..the Bag of stolen Goods got through..BUT the Son got stuck ?? But wait..didnt the SON also go thorugh on the WAY IN ?? How did that happen ?? did he EAT a huge meal on his way out ?? or he gained weight ??happymunda
Apart from these holes the size of the Ozone Layer Hole in the Sky....what an insult to Guru Ji that teaches us HONEST LABOUR, sharing the fruits of that Honesty...not stealing..NOT.....even for the Guru ??? NO WAY..as Guru Ji declares..CHOR KEE HAMMAH BHAREH NA KOI..no one pays wittness to the THIEF...

This fake fable is based on Guru Arjun Jis chaoboleh on Page 1363 of SGGS..actual viakhiyah doen by Pof Sahib Singh gives the Gurmatt view...

It amazes me the amount of time people spend on Sakhi's and everyone just wants to believe the bits they want to.

1) Several Sakhi's I have read attest to Guru Nanak eating meat on the way to Kurukshetra. Point that out and AKJ'rs blow a fuse.
2) I am not aware of any Sakhi's that state Guru Gobind Singh cut of the Panj Pyareys heads, yet we believe that.

The real question, is, find out when the Sakhi's were written and you will have your answer.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Randip Ji wrote:
The real question, is, find out when the Sakhi's were written and you will have your answer. .>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A 64 million Pound Sterling observation.

Date of composition of....Gurbilas Patshai Chhevin..Gurbilas Patshai Dasveen..Bhai Bala Janamsakhi...Sau Sakhi..Dsm Granth etc etc...will tell you a lot...and EXPOSE the TRUTH......NOTE that each word in SGGS has an AUTHOR clearly stated...NOT so the other books mentioned above....the Vaar 41 surreptiously attached to Vaars of Bhai Gurdass also has NO AUTHOR !!!:happykudi:happymunda

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM