• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Islam - What Exactly Are The Benefits To The UK?

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Originally Posted by our member: rooh
(Some posts could not be ported to new version, so had to be transferred manually and also forgot to give proper references. Double apologies.)

Can somone point out any tangible benefits. I live in the UK. There is much concern and resentment amongst Sikh community here over how this religion is just taking over. Many towns are becoming ghettos. They are abusing the democratic freedoms of this country to propagate hatred and intolerance. Would the British be allowed the same democratic freedoms of speech, dress etc that they seem to enjoy here. If you survey most British citizens - most of them will not have a good thing to say. Should Muslims not be promoting a positive image which endears them to their host country and not reviled.
Many of their women walk around in English cities wearing the veil. Women can dress modestly without wearing a hijab. Would English girls be allowed to walk around in skirts etc in Pakistan??
I think not.
Basically, they have been in denial for many years as to how their ideologies are wreaking havoc especially in how they incite their young to hatred of any other belief system. If you walk around in some towns of the UK, you would not think that you were in the UK.
I know its sounds like i am being prejudiced. I am just making an oberservation which many people in the UK share, whether others agree or disagree is another matter. Do not mean to cause any offence or hurt.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2004
UK
Re: Islam- what exactly are the benefits to the UK

Aman ji I totally understand where you are coming from, I live in a Muslim majority area and my area too is also becoming quite ghetto like. Within my borough we have had Muslims been on trial for hate tapes of Hindus and Jews. Here is the article on him: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2782987.stm
This is just an example of the type of people we have in my area... If you go outside London, say in Luton you will find Muslims to be much more assimilated into Western culture... here, the we have many Purdah ladies, and infact one came into the place where I work the other day which is a female clothes shop [very western clothes], with her eyes covered also!.... God knows what she was going to buy :rofl!!:
Another example of how they can be is the shalwar kameez.... in my secondary school the uniform is a navy blue sweatshirt and white t-shirt, navy blue trousers or navy blue skirt.... OR a navy blue shalwar kameez!!!!!! So many of the Muslims wear this because they think they can only modest with this cultural dress... the school has recently changed the hijab policy which is good to hear... before they could just swear any hijab [no restrictions], but from now on they must wear navy blue!! When I was at that school I was moaning about it to my peers for ages.

AMAN SINGH said:
If you walk around in some towns of the UK, you would not think that you were in the UK.
Haha, one of the highstreets near me my mum refers to as India [when infact it's mostly Bengalis down there]... Southall has a common nickname of being called little punjab!! :}{}{}:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

S|kH said:
I thought you lived in Punjab?

so now you know eh ?? "impressions" can be deceiving ??

BTW you are not the only one..I too thought Veer Aman Singh and Veer Arvind Singh Ji lived in India..

Jarnail Singh gyani

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
LOL!! Please accept my apologies for the above goof-up!! The above post was made by our member: rooh and i forgot to give proper reference while importing the thread from previous version. I am indeed from Punjab and Arvind Ji, is actually in Canada. So, "impresssions" are actually not quite deceptive. :) My apologies for the confusion thus caused.

Cheers!!

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!

Gyani Jarnail Singh said:
so now you know eh ?? "impressions" can be deceiving ??

BTW you are not the only one..I too thought Veer Aman Singh and Veer Arvind Singh Ji lived in India..

Jarnail Singh gyani

Is this a subliminal attempt to retaliate at the discussion we had long ago?
The first two sentences seem a bit sarcastic and decieving...

I had apologized for that incident, and yes...impressions are decieving...specially impressions given by the media. Forgive me again, but please do realize I am not the only one who had thought that way...media's manipulation is all I heard.

Your choice to hold a grudge or not, but from the likes of the sarcastic reply...guess somethings can never be mended.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004

I have spend some time in East ham in london which looks like some srilankan street with lot of muslim as well
Also ihave stayed in leeds for few months and guess what ithere are places like Harehill where they even dont look like India in any way but instaed as people say some street of bangladesh
While living in Birmingham I really very at home at SOHO ROAD it has all that punaji town has on one street all sweet shops and Gurdwara too

So definately ethnic community has changed a Uk a lot ... as observed by people living here from long time
But Actually:( now I am in northern ireland and guess what I am the only turban wearing being in whole town :) and all irish kids are still ( after staying here for six months )amazed to see me when ever i go for walk or shopping

Jatinder Singh

Jul 13, 2004
Canada

Off - Topic:
I live in Winnipeg (Canada). My pic is in my avtar :)

I would be happy and grateful to all members, if you post your own pic in your avtar.

Jul 13, 2004
UK

drkhalsa said:
I have spend some time in East ham in london which looks like some srilankan street with lot of muslim as well
Jatinder Singh
Wow this is where I live... anyway you are right, and in Upton park which is like 20 minutes from East Ham it is an Asian high street and whites never go down there, mostly bengalis down there so yeah..

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Arvind ji
I trie d to uplaod my photo as avtaar but could not do that may be some problem with it
well i have uploaded here may be amn ji could help

Jatinder Singh

Jul 13, 2004
UK
Jatinder I also get the same problem sometimes even if I select do not use an avatar then click save so I do not have one then try to upload another it goes to the one I had before... is there a maximum amount of times a day we can change our avatar? lol

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
The problem is caused by the liberal Leftwing who are running the show. They have been complete brainwashed by Islam.

We are on the edge of a precipice, I fear there are troubled times ahead.

I agree with you Liberals are the one who always support islam and give them special rights .Muslims all over the world are in conflict with every community Now even they are rioting with bodo tribes of Assam But still Liberals don't want to accept there is something wrong in islam Only time will tell when they take over countries with their birth rate and
impose sharia law on everybody

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM