• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Leisure Is Your Life A Failure?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sinister ji

This is so funny! You chose a thread title that to my sleepy mod eyes spelled -- Oh I had better check this one because it could run off the road in 8 directions! But then the video. :rofl!!:

There is a certain amount of value however in general. I would not pay all that money. Consider that in sports coaching athletes practice visualizing mental images of themselves performing a play -- for example, a tennis serve - perfectly and then applauding themselves. Not kidding -- this is for real and they rehe{censored} these images. There is some empirical research indicating that practicing positive imagery does result in improved sports performance under pressure. Personal affirmation -- as a therapeutic intervention -- is also used by therapists treating people with all kinds of addictions, people with insomnia, and people suffering from "shyness" that inhibits their ability to interact with other people in a normal way. ;)

I don't have an opinion on this -- and only want to point these out.

Sinister ji

This is so funny! You chose a thread title that to my sleepy mod eyes spelled -- Oh I had better check this one because it could run off the road in 8 directions! But then the video. :rofl!!:

There is a certain amount of value however in general. I would not pay all that money. Consider that in sports coaching athletes practice visualizing mental images of themselves performing a play -- for example, a tennis serve - perfectly and then applauding themselves. Not kidding -- this is for real and they rehe{censored} these images. There is some empirical research indicating that practicing positive imagery does result in improved sports performance under pressure. Personal affirmation -- as a therapeutic intervention -- is also used by therapists treating people with all kinds of addictions, people with insomnia, and people suffering from "shyness" that inhibits their ability to interact with other people in a normal way. ;)

I don't have an opinion on this -- and only want to point these out.

Hey aad ji,
lol...I just posted this video for some comic relief. :ice:

that's some interesting information you provided...i guess it explains the success of the self-help literature that has spawned to a huge 'literary industry'. I have never been a big fan of this type of literature (but i have nothing against it). However, this product just tops off anything i have seen come out this industry...it's incredibly sad...
listening to hours of non-stop praise of you by a man with a demented voice along with cheesy cheering crowds in the background is rather .... (cant find the word). AND if you buy now they throw in worthless metal charms!

rather than buying this product you would be better off investing in 25 dollars worth of rope to hang yourself! :eek:

anyhoo,
keep well, and try not too buy this thing (as lucrative as the deal may sound)....unless your giving it as a present to someone you dont like :p

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM