• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is This A Ritual?

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Satsriakal to all!

I have a question.

Sikhs bow down after Ardaas and touch the floor with their forehead or hands. After this act they keep standing and sing Guru's Hymns together.

Can anybody please explain this ritual and its origin? I will be grateful.

Balbir Singh

soorma

SPNer
Apr 16, 2006
khalsa bows after adrdas while reciting "nanak nam chardikala, tere bhane sarbat da bhala"

Sikh prays that he be in chardikala but through recitation of nam not a miracle... and then he wishes that under the order of AKAL Purakh all are blessed, sabh da bhala hovey .. it is at this point Khalsa bows to AKALPurakh . ... then khalsa sings the dohra that is related to spirit and goal of Khalsa Nation - RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

For s true Sikh Islam or say old Sanatan Dharma is nothing outside sort of thing.

So they also are part of Sikhism only so it is ot borrowed but we can say maintained.

anway when our forehead touches the ground and we feel surrndered to Akal.it is a great feeling.But not the only great feeling.

aman201285

SPNer
Feb 27, 2006
'Nanak das ihe sukh mage, muk kur santan ki dhure' comes at the end of kirtan sohila, which i think means slave nanak asks for the dust (of the feet) of the sants(holy people). So out of humility to the rest of the sangat and guruji we touch the flor and put the dhur(dust) on our heads

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Satsriakal to all!

I have a question.

Sikhs bow down after Ardaas and touch the floor with their forehead or hands. After this act they keep standing and sing Guru's Hymns together.

Can anybody please explain this ritual and its origin? I will be grateful.

Balbir Singh

Dear Balbir Singh JI

what i think of it is that it is similar to some king in his darbar leaving at ene of the darbar so people just bow down and then wait tfor the Guruji to leave the Darbar so keep standing . This jsut came to my mind , anyway I dont know what could the real/truereason behind it and when you say it is ritual , I think everything thing we try to do in religious place until we know the SAT/Truth remain a ritual

Jatinder Singh

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Jatinder Singh Ji!

Your sentence "I think everything thing we try to do in religious place until we know the SAT/Truth remain a ritual"

is appreciable.

It is surprising that most of the people preferably choose rituals to live on earth.

Balbir Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: