• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is Sikhism Elitist?

Jun 1, 2004
Somewhere I read this... What are your views ? Please Share.
There are religions that seem to have a doctrine of convert or die and burn in hell--Islam, Christianity. While others, like Hebrew Judaism has a provincial flavor (one could argue that Arab Moslems and American Christians share this to an extent) with God's favor often limited to a perceived race or region.

Are the Punjabi the center of Sikhism, Punjab a sort of Mecca?

truth_seeker

SPNer
Jul 18, 2004
Gods Creation!
Some people may come across like this, but its not the way of our Gurus.
Pilgrimages to the Ganges, the Gaya and the Godawari are merely worldly affairs” (Guru Granth Sahib, 1195)
The Temple of Mecca is hidden within your soul, if you try to know it (Guru Granth Sahib, 480)
All beings and creatures are His; He belongs to all (Guru Granth Sahib, 425)
Recognize the Lord's Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter (Guru Granth Sahib, 349)

Eclectic

SPNer
Nov 11, 2004
truth_seeker said:
The Temple of Mecca is hidden within your soul, if you try to know it (Guru Granth Sahib, 480)
Recognize the Lord's Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter (Guru Granth Sahib, 349)

I think Jesus said something similar to that if I interpreted it correctly. :)

Luke 17:20 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within[1] you." (NIV)

Jun 1, 2004
I think Jesus said something similar to that if I interpreted it correctly.

Luke 17:20 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within[1] you." (NIV)

Beautifull !!! Thanx for sharing... :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: