Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Is Sikhism elitist?

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by Neutral Singh, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Somewhere I read this... What are your views ? Please Share.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Interfaith Religion In Sikhism Interfaith Dialogues Wednesday at 7:50 PM
    Hard Talk Is Sikhism A Organised 'religion' ? And If So Is That Antithetical To The Teaching Of Gurmat? Hard Talk Nov 27, 2016
    Hard Talk Miracles, Dukh Bhanjani Sahib Paath And Sikhism Hard Talk Jun 2, 2016
    As A Child, Public Marches Of Sikhism Made Me Uncomfortable. They Still Do . Why ? Whats The Logic Hard Talk Oct 16, 2016
    Mediumship And Sikhism Questions and Answers Aug 23, 2016

3. truth_seeker

truth_seeker
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Some people may come across like this, but its not the way of our Gurus.
    Pilgrimages to the Ganges, the Gaya and the Godawari are merely worldly affairs” (Guru Granth Sahib, 1195)
    The Temple of Mecca is hidden within your soul, if you try to know it (Guru Granth Sahib, 480)
    All beings and creatures are His; He belongs to all (Guru Granth Sahib, 425)
    Recognize the Lord's Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter (Guru Granth Sahib, 349)

4. Eclectic

Eclectic
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I think Jesus said something similar to that if I interpreted it correctly. :)

Luke 17:20 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within[1] you." (NIV)

5. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Beautifull !!! Thanx for sharing... :)