• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is It True?

sikhsoldier

SPNer
Apr 16, 2006
i aint completely sure where i remember this from, but is it true that Guru Gobund Singh Ji has said "not to come before me with your hair cut?????

my next question is that if a mona who decides to fully commit him self to follow the sikh religion from now on, would he be forgiven for having his hair cut in the past.??

look forward to your responses

4rm Sikh Soldier!!!

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Guru told us to stay away rom Sirgumm or one who losses the head after getting hairs cut ie head looser(sirgum) after being head/leader/sirdar but after regrowing hairs he becomes Sirdar Again and form of Guru himself.

He have instance of 40 bleoved beeen forginven after doing sin which could not be less then cutting hairs.Writing to Guru,that we are no longer your Sikhs and runing away leaving Guru in difficulty.

where is the source of saying that Guru told that hairs cutters after becoming Sikh must not return to him.

bopadum

SPNer
Jun 8, 2006
I live in everything
Guru Gobind singh dealt and was friends with many, So he did liase/respect all including his enemies (remember the europenas were lurking round the corner preparing to take over india-so there was all sorts of people around in India at this time) and expected the same back (e.g. Zafarnamah a letter to the Mughal Emperor at the time). So he would not turn someone away for having cut hair.

Forgiven in the past for having cut hair: of course sikhism would, ther is nothing really to forgive. The hair is a path towards Gur Sikhi, it doesn't condem any other person or religon for doing any different. Before the Visakh of 1699 many sikhs had cut hair (see Dr Gopal singhs writings) , it was after this date (due to people denying being sikh in fear of death from the mughals) that the hair was a requirment.

bopadum

SPNer
Jun 8, 2006
I live in everything
Guru Gobind singh dealt and was friends with many, So he did liase/respect all including his enemies (remember the europenas were lurking round the corner preparing to take over india-so there was all sorts of people around in India at this time) and expected the same back (e.g. Zafarnamah a letter to the Mughal Emperor at the time). So he would not turn someone away for having cut hair.

Forgiven in the past for having cut hair: of course sikhism would, ther is nothing really to forgive. The hair is a path towards Gur Sikhi, it doesn't condem any other person or religon for doing any different. Before the Visakh of 1699 many sikhs had cut hair (see Dr Gopal singhs writings) , it was after this date (due to people denying being sikh in fear of death from the mughals) that the hair was a requirment.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM