• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is Hindu/Sikh A Valid Adherent?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Ok fair enough. And what do you think are the Sikh beliefs?
Read SGGS for yourself as you are very well read brother. I will post along my understandings over time. Sikh beliefs are what is SGGS. These cannot be assigned to a post.

BhagatSingh said:
Oh and those beliefs you listed, are they all evil?
With due respect, please don't put words into my mouth. The beliefs listed are not Sikh beliefs and have no value to me as a Sikh, as of what I have read of SGGS. As I read more I will correct my mistakes if I have made any as I learn.

Sat Sri Akal.

Jan 17, 2012
london uk
Paji

Are you saying Sikhism does not believe in Karma and reincarnation ?

or

Is it your branch of Sikhism which does not believe in Karma and reincarnation

Or

is it that in your interpreations & understanding you do not believe in this?

Please explain as you have confused me.

I keep reading your interpretation of Gurbani in your understanding
which is your understanding.

I still insist there is no experience then personal experience

I can post my personal Lessons I have recieved from upstairs however
they seem to be not liked nor understood.

There is only one religion, the religion of Love;
There is only one language, the language of the Heart;
There is only one caste, the caste of Humanity;
There is only one law, the law of Karma;
There is only one God, He is Omnipresent.
images

.:mundaviolin: amarjit

(Examples,

• Belief in Karma
  • Belief in Hierarchy of Deities
  • Role of Brahmins as custodians of knowledge and way to God and the Directorship and Hierarchy of deities
  • Belief in Re-incarnation
  • Rituals of Janeau, mundan, holy baths, Havans
  • Belief in Ramayan, Vedas
  • Etc.
I have no problem in someone believing in all above and more, be happy, have a great spiritual and worldly life, but that is not Sikhism.

Sat Sri Akal.[/QUOTE])

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Amarjit Singh Bamrah ji it is not what I say. There is great elaboration on the topics of "Karma" and "Re-Incarnation" and their irrelevance in Sikhism. Please search spn and perhaps post your thoughts there.

I love all as much as you so truisms have little value to be continuously re-iterated.

I can post my personal Lessons I have received from upstairs however
they seem to be not liked nor understood.
Veer there is only one creator. We may all experience and understand differently and each can be unique to each of us. SGGS says that the creator is infinite. You should not try to box such as I never will. The creator does not love me more than you or give me a lesson different than you. Sometimes we get the interpretation of the lesson as we are conditioned and in that way we are both the same but also different.

Sat Sri Akal.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Harry ji,
It's not that Kamala ji is a Hindu Sikh (Kamala ji change your adherent you are confusing everyone) and you exclusively Sikh. It's that Kamala ji is a Sikh from India and you are a Sikh from Uk. Whereas she has grown up around stories of God incarnating and taking out the baddies, saving Earth from falling into water, protecting mankind from a venomous poison, etc. She has been exposed to Indian narratives whereas you have not. So she gets it and you don't. She gets what the story is about, and you simply say it doesn't exist. The question of existence does not matter here. It's not important. You may believe they exist or you may not. Get past this question and move on to the next step.

Cheers

Dearest Veerji,

There is no next step, this is at the crux of the very title of this thread.
It is absolutely, that Kamala Bhenji is a Hindu/Sikh, and I am a Sikh, If we were both Sikh I would have serious reservation about her views, but as she has said herself her Sikhi is more Sanatan, and I respect this. The key question is should I give weight to Kamalaji's views given what I know to be correct within Sikhi, and the answer is NO. If Kamalji gets it then I am absolutely delighted for her, and hope I can learn from her in areas that I find compatible within Sikhi. All other views I am happy to debate within Sanatan Sikhism with full respect for her beliefs.

I know its very Nanakian to adopt an all loving attitude, and an all accepting attitude, I try to be both, however, to me, this is the equivilant of arguing with the 11th Master, when the message is clear and unambiguous, and I feel this loving and accepting attutude must be directed by Bani. Of course we must respect all other religions, maybe we should even respect our own first

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Harry ji,
The original implies the same thing that SP ji's version 2.0 implies.
You are atma, which is neither this nor that. It is neither Hindu nor Sikh. Ok this will only make sense once you know what atma is. Not knowledge as some sort of description of atma but actually knowing in yourself what atma is. Who is that one who has discussions or feels emotions? Who is the one who has pride, greed, anger, lust and attachment? Who is the one who experiences thought as a phenomenon? When you are having discussions with yourself, ask yourself, "who is this whom I am having discussions with?"

Harry ji,
What about those stories and characters in the stories do you find incompatible? You say they are incompatible so why do you think they are mentioned in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji?

Cheers

PS there is always a next step.

Last edited:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Na Koi Hindu, Na Koi Sikh.
sp ji good play on a common phrase from the movies.

It is Na Koi Hindu, Na koi Musilman!

Listen to Bulley Shah ji again where he talks about dismantling Maseets and Mandirs as it means nothing. Let us hear from people of those faiths what they think of that idea! Ayodhia comes to mind!:blowme: :}--}: :stirpot:
I don't know what all the smilies stand for but I picked these for the red angry color. One of the thieves has taken over me in this thread so I am trying to blow steam to get rid of the thief. lol

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Some good Nuggets on first read for lovers to chew on :sippingcoffeemunda:. Great Book, thanks Veer Kanwaljit Singh ji,

Mr. M.K.Gandhi
(a) My belief about the Sikh Gurus is that they were all Hindus. I do not regard Sikhism as a religion distinct from Hinduism. (Young India 1.10.1925)
(b) The Granth Sahib of the Sikhs is actually based on the Hindu scriptures. (Collected works of M.K.Gandhi page 284)
I really like Bapu jis quotes above, quite an insight why Sikhs got screwed.
Hindus often try to corrupt the Sikh doctrines and condemn Sikhism as an insignificant religion. They usually make use of Bachittar Natak, a book they assign to Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth Guru of the Sikhs and leave no stone unturned to prove that Sikhism is a branch of Hinduism. 10 .....

They quote spurious portions selectively and ignore those portions of this Granth which attack the fundamental principles of Hinduism. It is for this reason that in this book I have quoted copiously from Bachittar Natak to expose the nefarious tactics such unscrupulous people are adopting.
In the same vein Dr S. Radhakrishnan, the ex president of India stated, Sikh Gurus do not claim to teach a new doctrine but only renew the eternal wisdom. Nanak elaborated the views of Vaisnava saints..

According to Dr Gopal Singh, some have described Sikhism as an offshoot of the Bhakti cult inspired in its main tenets by Kabeer. Others have taken it to be synthesis of Mohammedan monotheism and the Hindu metaphysics. One scholar has even suggested it to be a crude form of Buddhism on account of its insistence on Nirvana minus its atheism.
A school of Sikhs, called the Nirmalas, who are well versed in Sanskrit and the Hindu scripture, has been interpreting it as a Vedanta creed at best an exposition of the Bhagwad Gita.

I will probably read it end to end.

Let us hear a nice song it is getting hot in here,

Tum Agar Saath Dene Ka Vada Karo (Hamraaz) - YouTube

Enjoy all, as it answers lot of questions head-on versus
"luba duba do" translation "I love you"
Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
A fantastic text being a 'must' guide yet it acts as a comprehensive well researched reference.

A big thanks to Kanwaljit SinghJi, this is a very good informative read.

Sat sri akaal
LuckySingh

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Harry ji,
The original implies the same thing that SP ji's version 2.0 implies.
You are atma, which is neither this nor that. It is neither Hindu nor Sikh. Ok this will only make sense once you know what atma is. Not knowledge as some sort of description of atma but actually knowing in yourself what atma is. Who is that one who has discussions or feels emotions? Who is the one who has pride, greed, anger, lust and attachment? Who is the one who experiences thought as a phenomenon? When you are having discussions with yourself, ask yourself, "who is this whom I am having discussions with?"

Harry ji,
What about those stories and characters in the stories do you find incompatible? You say they are incompatible so why do you think they are mentioned in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji?

Cheers

PS there is always a next step.

Veerji

Although I understand your reasoning, its really very simple, follow Hukam, be at peace in your head, be moderate, be united.

There is nothing that I find incompatible in the characters and stories, but that is because that is all they are, characters and stories. We both know why they are mentioned, and it what manner they are mentioned, as a reference point, nothing more, nothing less, at least that is what I believe, what is it that you believe?, so that I can understand your point of view

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Dear All...
The Respected Author has also written three more excellent books..Islam and Sikhism...Christianity and Sikhism..and Science and Sikhism...all published by the Sikh Missionary Society UK. I have all 3 courtesy of Sardar GS Sidhu Ji sahib. All these also well researched and worth buying/downloading.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM