• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is Bhatt Bani Not Guru?

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
These are good questions -- Nam Jap I am very serious in saying this.

There is a context that I myself, personally, need to keep in mind when following the discourse and making up my own mind -- that the transcendence of God and the immanence of God have to be kept in balance. After thinking about your questions, I am wondering if the Bhatts were balancing these ideas themselves in their poetry.

So I await responses. This should discussion should take a very interesting turn.

aad Ji,
Keep reading Gurbani(stay connected to Guru Ji) without indulging into comparisons- He(Gurbani), who is the Creator(God/Nirankaar); will clear all your doubts
01.gif
(doubts create comparisons and then the fear of imbalance). Hukam rajaaee chalanaa naanak likhyaa naal. There is nothing that is- my mind/I think- it is all an illusion. Sabh gobind hai sabh gobind hai gobind bin nahi koi.

Bani is dhur ki bani- It is not something that a sansaari(worldly individual) sat down with his/her pen and pencil and created a piece of poetry after sorting out certain worldly concepts in his mind that is full of cleverness and worldly intellegence. It is Sant ka Bachan: It is as it came, it is pure, way beyond this sansarik manua(mind lost in worldly thoughts). Dhur ki bani aaee tin sagalee chint mitaaee- sadh ka bachan- akath kee kathaa

Gur ka bachan basay jee naalay.( aad Ji, if you have any problem recognizing these shabads, please let me know: next time I will post whole shabad with translations.
Gavayaa sunyaa tina ka thaaen pavay jin satguru ki agayaa sat sat kar maanee- otherwise it is useless.

There is only ONE- ONE does not need to worry about balance- it is already in balance and balancing everything else that also is He Himself- ONE.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Pyramid ji,

Let me explain what I was trying to say and do with my comments. My remarks were not about God. They were about the discussion. ;)

aad Ji,
Keep reading Gurbani(stay connected to Guru Ji) without indulging into comparisons- He(Gurbani), who is the Creator(God/Nirankaar); will clear all your doubts
01.gif
(doubts create comparisons and then the fear of imbalance). Hukam rajaaee chalanaa naanak likhyaa naal. There is nothing that is- my mind/I think- it is all an illusion. Sabh gobind hai sabh gobind hai gobind bin nahi koi.

Pyramid ji -- I know what you are saying here and with an embarrassed grin I concede that maybe I did not approach this debate with wisdom:eek:.

In my own relationship with He/Shabad Guru/ Creator who is Nrankaar -- in my own private world -- I really don't spend much time at all thinking about comparisons. My understanding just jumps into my head and it is not problem. I am not bothered. I don't pick it apart. It doesn't matter at all because He is there and I know He is there. Explaining it to myself would be ridiculous. I go with the flow. Analysis doesn't come into it.

The question I raised was more about this discussion where there are differences. How to build a bridge in the discussion so that what you say, what someone else says, what is in Guruji, what is not in Guruji, what someone thinks is there in Guruji but not in Guruji's words, can be compared and contrasted. All of those different voices and ideas. A Gurbani transponder where messages are received, informaiton is sorted out, and then a reply is made.

And really :eek: I asked for my own benefit so I can sort out what all sides are saying. And understand how they are the same and how they are diferent. I have already made up my own mind about Shabd Guru-- for now. That is not a problem here. Because I have been keeping my opinion about Him out of the way and out of the discussion.

Bani is dhur ki bani- It is not something that a sansaari(worldly individual) sat down with his/her pen and pencil and created a piece of poetry after sorting out certain worldly concepts in his mind that is full of cleverness and worldly intellegence. It is Sant ka Bachan: It is as it came, it is pure, way beyond this sansarik manua(mind lost in worldly thoughts). Dhur ki bani aaee tin sagalee chint mitaaee- sadh ka bachan- akath kee kathaa

This paragraph above -- nothing could be closer than to my own thoughts.

Gur ka bachan basay jee naalay.( aad Ji, if you have any problem recognizing these shabads, please let me know: next time I will post whole shabad with translations.
Gavayaa sunyaa tina ka thaaen pavay jin satguru ki agayaa sat sat kar maanee- otherwise it is useless.

There is only ONE- ONE does not need to worry about balance- I have to worry about balance in the thread. It is in my future as moderator :}8-: ji. It is already in balance and balancing everything else that also is He Himself- ONE. YEs I agree. Don't worry about that. I agree. :)

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Sorry for stirring you up. I did not mean to do that.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Nanak Ji says..Ros na keejey..UTTAR DEejay.....
Then again..Kichh sunneah,,kicchh khaeayeh....

Dont be UPSET..give the ANSWERS...
Listen.....(then) say something....

This is as clear as can be about the legitimacy of "Questions"...why ???
Sikhi and Gurmat is ALL about ASKING QUESTIONS...the entire WORLD asked Questions..( Sidh Gost is one example)...and GURU NANAK JI ANSWERED them ALL..from 1469-1708 and SGGS continues to provide these answers TODAY and Forever.
To DENY the right to question..and REFUSE to ANSWER are anti-Gurmat.

Peace and Love towards ALL

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Pyramid ji,

Let me explain what I was trying to say and do with my comments. My remarks were not about God. They were about the discussion. ;)

Sorry for stirring you up. I did not mean to do that.

aad Ji,
Thankyou.
You havn't stirred up anything. We all are under this thread for disscussing- Is this Ok to accept all that is being said in these statements:
Pyramid said:
A very highly regarded, knowledgeable Gusikh telling a new Gursikh: “With all due respect I urge you not to take a a few Sikhs' blind theory as a true Sikh tenent. What they are doing on this site they just select a few Guru waak or some Bhatt bani to prove their case that guru is God.”
Source: (Literal Meaning of Gurbani)http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/20491-literal-meaning-of-gurbani-2.html
Another Gursikh telling a Gursikh: "I am first and foremost a Sikh Historian who has studied patetrns and behavior within Sikhism. This concept of thinking Guru's are God is not new and emerges from time to time and is a hangover of our Hindu past."
Source: (Nanak is the Guru, Nanak is the Lord Himself.)http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/19100-nanak-is-guru-nanak-lord-himself-43.html
Another Gursikh Telling a Gursikh: ""Gur Parmeshar eko jaan". A true Guru will never say he is God but sometimes the Guru is left with no choice and for the sake of progress he will make a statement that can be misinterpreted by others. Now ***** is not going to move forward unless for him Guru is not God. "
Source: (Literal Meaning of Gurbani)http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/20491-literal-meaning-of-gurbani-2.html
Another Gursikh’s comments:In order to deabte this properly let us have the entire shabad from page”
Source: (Nanak is the Guru, Nanak is the Lord Himself.)http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/19100-nanak-is-guru-nanak-lord-himself-42.html

Which all apeared to me to be anti gurmat. So I gave my read and raised concerns. There has to be opposition there(a very strong one), I accept all of it. There has to be some support, I accept all of that too- All is Guru Hukam.

About building bridges: Guru sahib has declared that there is nothing common in the thinking of a sansaari and a bhagat.
If we want to become a bhagat, we need to accept this VERY SOUR TRUTH:

Bhagtaa te sansaareeaa jorr kadey na aayayaa. Trying to build bridges between Gurmat and Manmatt is like accepting both, or like coming into an agreement: But two swords cannot be put in the same case. One is haumay, one is naam- Haumay naavay naal virodh hai doi na vasay ik thaaey.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji did not accept Mia Mir's(His best friend) offer when Chandoo tortured His Physical Abode, He accepted God's Will. He obeyed Guru Bachan.

aad0002 said:
Because I have been keeping my opinion about Him out of the way and out of the discussion.

aad Ji, we cant have one mind for one dealing and another mind for another dealing. Guru Ji tells us- we need to have: Ik Man Ik Chit-24/7-365-FOREVER

The whole world does not agree on Ekoankaar: that's the beauty of His Creation. He only does whatever and whenever pleases to HIM.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Nanak Ji says..Ros na keejey..UTTAR DEejay.....
Then again..Kichh sunneah,,kicchh khaeayeh....

Dont be UPSET..give the ANSWERS...
Listen.....(then) say something....

This is as clear as can be about the legitimacy of "Questions"...why ???
Sikhi and Gurmat is ALL about ASKING QUESTIONS...the entire WORLD asked Questions..( Sidh Gost is one example)...and GURU NANAK JI ANSWERED them ALL..from 1469-1708 and SGGS continues to provide these answers TODAY and Forever.
To DENY the right to question..and REFUSE to ANSWER are anti-Gurmat.

Peace and Love towards ALL

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Ji,
Thankyou.

In whichever context you gave these comments:
REFUSE to ANSWER are anti-Gurmat.

Guru Ji nowhere says that it is anti gurmat to not answering questions.

Sant milay kuch suneay kaheeay milay asant mast kar raheeay: IN VERY CLEAR WORDS(a metaphor is used here, a metaophor that any human society can understand) we are told that one can ignore everything that is coming from a manmateeaa, asant.

'Moorkhay naal na luggheeay' is another one.

Asking questions and answering them is a way we communicate. But Gurbani doesn't tell us to accept every question and answer every question of the world. We are not obligated to answer every question.

Like Namjap's question is: 'Campare Guru Waks and tellme', why I indulge in such a practice that Guru Ji tells me not to.
Guru is telling me: Satguru ki agyaa sat sat kar mano.:up:

Contemplating on Gurbani is totally different than Questioning Guru Wak's Authenticity.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Maybe someone else can answer the unanswerable question!!!
I wonder where's PK70, Bhagat Singh, Ekmusafir_Ajnabi and Sikh80!!!

Daanveer

SPNer
Jan 17, 2008
Gurbani came from the True Source: Divine Lord. Gurbani is Gurprashaad. Guru Stamped it with word ‘GurPrasaad’ everywhere. Gurbani is compiled as a collection of Hymns collected from different Saints irrespective of color, cast, creed, time and religion. Jahangir wanted Guru Ji to delete Bani of other Saints from Granth Ji, But Guru Ji accepted to sit on the hot plate instead, let the opponents pour burning sand over His physical abode.

Yesterday and today, das read a few very interesting comments on the net. Sharing with all to know everybody’s view:
A very highly regarded, knowledgeable Gusikh telling a new Gursikh: “With all due respect I urge you not to take a a few Sikhs' blind theory as a true Sikh tenent. What they are doing on this site they just select a few Guru waak or some Bhatt bani to prove their case that guru is God.”
Source: http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/20491-literal-meaning-of-gurbani-2.html
Another Gursikh telling a Gursikh: "I am first and foremost a Sikh Historian who has studied patetrns and behavior within Sikhism. This concept of thinking Guru's are God is not new and emerges from time to time and is a hangover of our Hindu past."
Source: http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/19100-nanak-is-guru-nanak-lord-himself-43.html
Another Gursikh Telling a Gursikh: ""Gur Parmeshar eko jaan". A true Guru will never say he is God but sometimes the Guru is left with no choice and for the sake of progress he will make a statement that can be misinterpreted by others. Now ***** is not going to move forward unless for him Guru is not God. "
Source: http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/20491-literal-meaning-of-gurbani-2.html
Another Gursikh’s comments:In order to deabte this properly let us have the entire shabad from page”
Source: http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-vichaar/19100-nanak-is-guru-nanak-lord-himself-42.html

To das the above lines read like- don’t believe in some Bani and believe in some. It also reads that there are some Gur Waks or Bhatt Bani that is UNTRUE, NOT WORTH BELIEVING, or CORRUPT. It also read to das that all those Sikhs are blind who believe all the Bani to be True as IT IS. It also read to das that when Guru is telling one thing again and again that Guru and God are no different, one can’t believe it as it is Hindu faith. These lines also read to das that a mortal one has the capacity to debate(A debate is an arguement. People decide and discuss on differences. We compare, when we debate) over Gurbani Which(BANI) is written by Immortals(GURU). Because True Guru never call Himself God(seems like people are expecting Guru to state'I AM GOD'), we can't say Guru is God, even if He is telling the same truth in so many other ways.

Guru tells us:

AMg 52Page 52

isrIrwgu mhlw 5 ] Siree Raag, Fifth Mehl:

sMq jnhu suix BweIho CUtnu swcY nwie ] O Saints, O Siblings of Destiny, listen: release comes only through the True Name.

gur ky crx sryvxy qIrQ hir kw nwau ] Worship the Feet of the Guru. Let the Name of the Lord be your sacred shrine of pilgrimage.

AwgY drgih mMnIAih imlY inQwvy Qwau ]1] Hereafter, you shall be honored in the Court of the Lord; there, even the homeless find a home. ||1||

BweI ry swcI siqgur syv ] O Siblings of Destiny, service to the True Guru alone is True.

siqgur quTY pweIAY pUrn AlK AByv ]1] rhwau ] When the True Guru is pleased, we obtain the Perfect, Unseen, Unknowable Lord. ||1||Pause||

siqgur ivthu vwirAw ijin idqw scu nwau ] I am a sacrifice to the True Guru, who has bestowed the True Name.

Anidnu scu slwhxw scy ky gux gwau ] Night and day, I praise the True One; I sing the Glorious Praises of the True One.

scu Kwxw scu pYnxw scy scw nwau ]2] True is the food, and true are the clothes, of those who chant the True Name of the True One. ||2||

swis igrwis n ivsrY sPlu mUriq guru Awip ] With each breath and morsel of food, do not forget the Guru, the Embodiment of Fulfillment.

gur jyvfu Avru n idseI AwT phr iqsu jwip ] None is seen to be as great as the Guru. Meditate on Him twenty-four hours a day.

ndir kry qw pweIAY scu nwmu guxqwis ]3] As He casts His Glance of Grace, we obtain the True Name, the Treasure of Excellence. ||3||

guru prmysru eyku hY sB mih rihAw smwie ] The Guru and the Transcendent Lord are one and the same, pervading and permeating amongst all.

ijn kau pUrib iliKAw syeI nwmu iDAwie ] Those who have such pre-ordained destiny, meditate on the Naam.

nwnk gur srxwgqI mrY n AwvY jwie ]4]30]100] Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of the Guru, who does not die, or come and go in reincarnation. ||4||30||100||

In this Shabad Guru Ji is telling us that Guru and Parmesar are the same one, permeating everywhere.

AND

AMg 49 Page 49

isrIrwgu mhlw 5 ] Siree Raag, Fifth Mehl:

sMq jnhu imil BweIho scw nwmu smwil ] Meet with the humble Saints, O Siblings of Destiny, and contemplate the True Name.

qosw bMDhu jIA kw AYQY EQY nwil ] For the journey of the soul, gather those supplies which will go with you here and hereafter.

gur pUry qy pweIAY ApxI ndir inhwil ] These are obtained from the Perfect Guru, when God bestows His Glance of Grace.

krim prwpiq iqsu hovY ijs no hOie dieAwlu ]1] Those unto whom He is Merciful, receive His Grace. ||1||

myry mn gur jyvfu Avru n koie ] O my mind, there is no other as great as the Guru.

dUjw Qwau n ko suJY gur myly scu soie ]1] rhwau ] I cannot imagine any other place. The Guru leads me to meet the True Lord. ||1||Pause||

sgl pdwrQ iqsu imly ijin guru ifTw jwie ] Those who go to see the Guru obtain all treasures.

gur crxI ijn mnu lgw sy vfBwgI mwie ] Those whose minds are attached to the Guru's Feet are very fortunate, O my mother.

guru dwqw smrQu guru guru sB mih rihAw smwie ] The Guru is the Giver, the Guru is All-powerful. The Guru is All-pervading, contained amongst all.

guru prmysru pwrbRhmu guru fubdw ley qrwie ]2] The Guru is the Transcendent Lord, the Supreme Lord God. The Guru lifts up and saves those who are drowning. ||2||

ikqu muiK guru swlwhIAY krx kwrx smrQu ] How shall I praise the Guru, the All-powerful Cause of causes?

sy mQy inhcl rhy ijn guir DwirAw hQu ] Those, upon whose foreheads the Guru has placed His Hand, remain steady and stable.

guir AMimRq nwmu pIAwilAw jnm mrn kw pQu ] The Guru has led me to drink in the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam, the Name of the Lord; He has released me from the cycle of birth and death.

guru prmysru syivAw BY BMjnu duK lQu ]3] I serve the Guru, the Transcendent Lord, the Dispeller of fear; my suffering has been taken away. ||3||

siqguru gihr gBIru hY suK swgru AGKMfu ] The True Guru is the Deep and Profound Ocean of Peace, the Destroyer of sin.

ijin guru syivAw Awpxw jmdUq n lwgY fMfu ] For those who serve their Guru, there is no punishment at the hands of the Messenger of Death.

gur nwil quil n lgeI Koij ifTw bRhmMfu ] There is none to compare with the Guru; I have searched and looked throughout the entire universe.

nwmu inDwnu siqguir dIAw suKu nwnk mn mih mMfu ]4]20]90] The True Guru has bestowed the Treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. O Nanak, the mind is filled with peace. ||4||20||90||

In the above shabad Guru Ji is calling Guru – Parbrahm in a literal sense.
AND

AMg 802 Page 802

rwgu iblwvlu mhlw 5 Gru 2 XwnVIey kY Gir gwvxw Raag Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl, Second House, To Be Sung To The Tune Of Yaan-Ree-Ay:

<> siqgur pRswid ] One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

mY min qyrI tyk myry ipAwry mY min qyrI tyk ] You are the Support of my mind, O my Beloved, You are the Support of my mind.

Avr isAwxpw ibrQIAw ipAwry rwKn kau qum eyk ]1] rhwau ] All other clever tricks are useless, O Beloved; You alone are my Protector. ||1||Pause||

siqguru pUrw jy imlY ipAwry so jnu hoq inhwlw ] One who meets with the Perfect True Guru, O Beloved, that humble person is enraptured.

gur kI syvw so kry ipAwry ijs no hoie dieAwlw ] He alone serves the Guru, O Beloved, unto whom the Lord becomes merciful.

sPl mUriq gurdyau suAwmI srb klw BrpUry ] Fruitful is the form of the Divine Guru, O Lord and Master; He is overflowing with all powers.

nwnk guru pwrbRhmu prmysru sdw sdw hjUry ]1] O Nanak, the Guru is the Supreme Lord God, the Transcendent Lord; He is ever-present, forever and ever. ||1||

suix suix jIvw soie iqnw kI ijn@ Apunw pRBu jwqw ] I live by hearing, hearing of those who know their God.

hir nwmu ArwDih nwmu vKwxih hir nwmy hI mnu rwqw ] They contemplate the Lord's Name, they chant the Lord's Name, and their minds are imbued with the Lord's Name.

syvku jn kI syvw mwgY pUrY krim kmwvw ] I am Your servant; I beg to serve Your humble servants. By the karma of perfect destiny, I do this.

nwnk kI bynµqI suAwmI qyry jn dyKxu pwvw ]2] This is Nanak's prayer: O my Lord and Master, may I obtain the Blessed Vision of Your humble servants. ||2||

vfBwgI sy kwFIAih ipAwry sMqsMgiq ijnw vwso ] They are said to be very fortunate, O Beloved, who who dwell in the Society of the Saints.

AMimRq nwmu ArwDIAY inrmlu mnY hovY prgwso ] They contemplate the Immaculate, Ambrosial Naam, and their minds are illuminated.

jnm mrx duKu kwtIAY ipAwry cUkY jm kI kwxy ] The pains of birth and death are eradicated, O Beloved, and the fear of the Messenger of Death is ended.

iqnw prwpiq drsnu nwnk jo pRB Apxy Bwxy ]3] They alone obtain the Blessed Vision of this Darshan, O Nanak, who are pleasing to their God. ||3||

aUc Apwr byAMq suAwmI kauxu jwxY gux qyry ]

O my lofty, incomparable and infinite Lord and Master, who can know Your Glorious Virtues?

gwvqy auDrih suxqy auDrih ibnsih pwp Gnyry ] Those who sing them are saved, and those who listen to them are saved; all their sins are erased.

psU pryq mugD kau qwry pwhn pwir auqwrY ] You save the beasts, demons and fools, and even stones are carried across.

nwnk dws qyrI srxweI sdw sdw bilhwrY ]4]1]4]

Slave Nanak seeks Your Sanctuary; he is forever and ever a sacrifice to You. ||4||1||4||

In this Shabad again Guru Ji is showing us the same- there is no difference between Guru and God.

For 40/50 years, Gurbani-as IT IS, has cleared all my doubts. I kept my eyes closed and looked at the World through Guru’s eyes. I never felt a need to disect Gur Bani. I have thousands of friends, Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs and Christians, in India and Overseas, who have the same belief as I have.
None of them who read Gurbani ever suggested me to practice this 'disection process' or 'Dont believe Bani in Literal Sense' theory. All believe in Bani –AS IT IS.

Das always see Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s Insignia in each and every word of Guru Granth Sahib. Guru Stamped it with Guru- Brahmgyani Ki Gat Brahmgyani Jaaney- das vichara Guru da Pallaa phar ke kharaa(das is only holding Guru’s scarf), Guru knows the Gurprasaad.

Gurbani is written for everybody, no mediator is needed to explain that. Guru, the immortal is talking to us, we dont need mortals describing it to us if it is true or not true.

Metaphors used in Gurbani are all taken from regular human society- NOTHING IS OFF PLANET. Everybody can understand the meaning of the mataphors easily.

Practicing Humility is most important for a seeker. In Gurbani Guru Ji states that we should even avoid calling ourselves a seeker. One has to be totally steeped in Humility, so how one can expect that any Saint will say-'I AM GOD'. Guru tells us:

ਸਗਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਮਹਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਪ੍ਰਧਾਨੁ ॥ Among all persons, the supreme person is the one
ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਜਾ ਕਾ ਮਿਟੈ ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ॥ who gives up his egotistical pride in the Company of the Holy.
ਆਪਸ ਕਉ ਜੋ ਜਾਣੈ ਨੀਚਾ ॥ One who sees himself as lowly,
ਸੋਊ ਗਨੀਐ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਊਚਾ ॥ shall be accounted as the highest of all.
ਜਾ ਕਾ ਮਨੁ ਹੋਇ ਸਗਲ ਕੀ ਰੀਨਾ ॥ One whose mind is the dust of all,
ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਤਿਨਿ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਚੀਨਾ ॥ recognizes the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, in each and every heart.
ਮਨ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਤੇ ਬੁਰਾ ਮਿਟਾਨਾ ॥ One who eradicates cruelty from within his own mind,
ਪੇਖੈ ਸਗਲ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਸਾਜਨਾ ॥ looks upon all the world as his friend.
ਸੂਖ ਦੂਖ ਜਨ ਸਮ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟੇਤਾ ॥ One who looks upon pleasure and pain as one and the same,
ਨਾਨਕ ਪਾਪ ਪੁੰਨ ਨਹੀ ਲੇਪਾ ॥੬॥ O Nanak, is not affected by sin or virtue. ||6||

We mortals have no capacity to debate on Guru’s Word. Guru is Immortal, we are mortals:

Guru Ji tells:

AMg 310 Page 310

pauVI ] Pauree:

scu scw siqguru Amru hY ijsu AMdir hir auir DwirAw ] Truest of the True is the Immortal True Guru; He has enshrined the Lord deep within His heart.

scu scw siqguru purKu hY ijin kwmu k®oDu ibKu mwirAw ] Truest of the True is the True Guru, the Primal Being, who has conquered sexual desire, anger and corruption.

jw ifTw pUrw siqgurU qW AMdrhu mnu swDwirAw ] When I see the Perfect True Guru, then deep within, my mind is comforted and consoled.

bilhwrI gur Awpxy sdw sdw Guim vwirAw ] I am a sacrifice to my True Guru; I am devoted and dedicated to Him, forever and ever.

gurmuiK ijqw mnmuiK hwirAw ]17] A Gurmukh wins the battle of life whereas a self-willed manmukh loses it. ||17||

Guru Ji is explaining in this Shabad that Satguru is immortal.

swD kI soBw swD bin AweI ]The glory of the Holy people is theirs alone;nwnk swD pRB Bydu n BweI ]8]7]O Nanak, there is no difference between the Holy people and God. ||8||7|| andnwnk bRhm igAwnI Awip prmysur ]6]O Nanak, the God-conscious being is Himself the Supreme Lord God. ||6||. .

Pyramid Ji, thankyou for this thread.

Totally agree with you about these issues. Comapring Gurbani and then proving it be different or contradictory to each other has become a normal practice. Performing such a task is totally against Gurmat.

Read this:

Rozana Spokesman Online........

When all the other tacts havn't worked, they are now after comparing God with God.

About:

Just to collect information on this issue:
Das want to know how many more people out there think the need of-

1. CAREFULLNESS WHILE READING GURBANI- IS IT TRUE OR NOT(!),
2. CAREFULLNESS WHILE BELIEVING GUR WAK- IS IT CORRUPT OR BELIEVABLE(!),
3. KNOWING THAT BHATT BANI IS NOT GURBANI, AVOID THAT(!),
4. KNOWING ALL THAT BANI THAT YOU CONSIDER AVOIDING(!),
5. CONSIDERING THAT THE LITERAL MEANING LEADS TO CONFUSION AND WRONG BELIEFS, WE NEED MORTALS TO DESCRIBE THE BANI'S CORRECT MEANING WHICH(BANI) IS WRITTEN AND COMPILED BY IMMORTALS(GURU/SAINT/GOD REALIZED)(!),
6. UNDERSTANDING THAT LITERAL MEANING AND MATAPHORS CANNOT BE UNDERSTOOD BY COMMON PEOPLE, THAT UNDERSTANDING IS ONLY A PROPERTY OF A FEW SELECTED ONES,
7. FAITH THAT THE MEANING IN THE METAPHOR IS DIFFERENT THAN THE MEANING IN REAL,
8. KNOWING THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE(MORTAL) OUT THERE BETTER THAN OUR GURU, WHO CAN DEBATE OVER GURBANI AND TELL US THE REAL MEANING, WHICH OUR GURU(IMMORTAL BEING) IS UNABLE TO SEND ACROSS,
exist.

No need exist for any of these. Thinking to have need for any of these points will be not accepting Guru Ji - Guru Ji.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
namjap Ji,

When did this happen that Truth-Sat started to change forms? Guru Ji tells: Truth is for ever:). IN PEACE. formless.

Answer to your query: as you asked from me , has to be my answer.
By the way, what is the punishment if I say - I dont know the answer- as there is not any answer what so ever;).

If this is your belief, then one should also believe in the spiritual masters beyond Guru Nanak. Before SGGS, before Bhatts. Before Jesus, Before Krishna. Because Truth never changes.

Your concept is wrong, Pyramid Ji. You are not following the unchanging Truth. You are believing in the instruction of the written words of the spiritual masters - then why not also follow the Vedas, Upanishads, Buddhist literature, etc ?

Putting too much importance in the instructions and not pursuing the eternal Truth is the short-coming in every human being. Make the instruction a tool to reach the eternal and unchanging Truth. By bowing your head a million times to the word - water, is not going to quench your thirst. You have to understand what water you are instructed to seek - that will quench.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Danveer ji

Amazing, no! In Italy they would say: This is a shaggy dog story. You can't tell the head from the tail. Later I am going to make an outline.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Maybe someone else can answer the unanswerable question!!!
I wonder where's PK70, Bhagat Singh, Ekmusafir_Ajnabi and Sikh80!!!

namjap ji
How are you?
I have been on the road for almost 4 days so couldnt share any thing with you and all other wonderful people. There are many questions I am going to answer besides yours one, like of Jasleen_Kaur's, aad0002 ji's.
If you happen to please read your own thread" how I became Sikh" I tried my best to explain how Guru Granth Sahib has totally changed my life, especially my behaviour. Here on this site, I have seen people judging others, accusing others of some thing they never did. All this forced me to think again if by reading/reciting Gurbani, can people change? Does their behaviour change as per Gurmat in context of ego and slandering and tolerating? Right in this context, I wrote in my post that in understanding Gurbani, there are no levels. Doubtless, there are levels of Sikhi. In this regard, I am to answer Jasleen ji question in detail. The reason I am writing all this here in context of your question, is very clear. Gurbani is not as simple to understand as some people say. Without understanding Gurbani, one just cannot learn any thing by merely thinking that Waheguru will clear all doubts. For centuries, Guru Nanak Jot kept interpretting it with various examples. Even Guru ji has tried to explain who can be a true Guru" ghar meh ghar dikhaye de so SATGURU purakh sujan Slok Mehla 1 Ram Kli ki waar., in Sree Rag Mehla 5 " poora Satgur je milai payeeai SHABAD nidhaan" Guru ji also points about this understanding of Gurbani very clearly in Kanara Mehla 5" gavanhari gavai geet 11 te udhre base je cheet"( I am quoting these Guru wak from my memory, sorry if any small mistake occurs). There are many examples of Guru shabad in which Guru Hukam is to meditate on WAHEGURU. Shabad, Guru, Naam words are used for Waheguru. Guru, the spiritual teacher of the seeker is defined by Guru ji himself. Guru ji goes one step further that the persons who always are in love with Waheguru, they become like Waheguru. Note it down the following Shabad, it is in Asa rag by Fifth Nanak" jina n vissrai NAAM se kinehyaa .(Question) in the following Guru waak, lies the answer" bhedh n jano mool SAEEN jehyaa"
namjap ji, here is the answer to your question. Fifth Nanak writes in Gond Rag" Gur meri pooja. Gur mera Parbrahm Gur Bhagawant........Gur Nanak, Nanak Har soye 11 In this Shabad Fifth Nanak in high esteem, honours Guru Nanak by calling him Waheguru, SAtguru Nanak experienced Waheguru and has guided others to be in love with HIM. Same idea prevails in Bhatta dee Bani. There is no contradiction to Moolmantra here or in Bhattan dee Bani at all, only the seeker should understand the context. Reciting Gurbani with closed eyes will do nothing unless a preparation for HIM is done as Sikhs are asked by Guru ji in Japji Sahib.
Regarding formless Guru. When some people say that Guru is formless, so there is no difference between Guru and God, they also confuse the concept of God in Sikhism. When Randip Singh stated that it was a hindu hang over, he brilliantly expressed the mentality of human beings. Guru shabad is honoured as Waheguru in Guru Granth Sahib, what Guru ji means is that it is revealed by Waheguru Himself, so never ever doubt it. Sikhs should revere Guru Shabad in high esteem to create unconditional faith in Guru as well as in Waheguru. Through out Guru Granth Sahib, true love for the Creator is worded in stunningly beautiful way. No where we can find this kind of love for Him expressed in sincerity with so high gravity. As gyani Jarnail Singh stated, for Sikhs, questions should be answered. Very true If some one calls Guru is God but totally is in love with Waheguru and has overcome ego, anger, slandering, greed etc, it means this is the way he/she has learned Sikhi but if only God is Guru is merely aslogan, nothing is happening within, I shall reserve my views about such person. I, as said before, challenge any one who can prove there is any contradiction in Guru Granth Sahib. If it is about God incarnation, it is stated in Mool mantra that Waheguru never ever incarnates and in context of incarnation First Nanak clears doubts again in ONKAAR " dhann Dharnidhar(WAHEGURU) aap ajooni, tol bol SACH poora" again in Bhairon Mehla 5 "so mukh jlo jitt kehe THAKAR joni"
Coming back to namjap ji question, bhatt ji strictly following Guru bachan.
Humbly I request all of you that more you try to understand Gurbani, more your life will be guided by Guru Ji

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Beautiful answer, PK70 Ji.:thumbup:

Apr 4, 2007
"If it is about God incarnation, it is stated in Mool mantra that Waheguru never ever incarnates"

ok, i'm sorry to go off topic...

i think this is a huge misconception. when people say Guru IS God, it doesn't mean God incarnation. it means light merged with light. Guru ji is the drop that falls in the ocean, and so IS the ocean.

no one is talking about hindu concept of incarnation/avtars here. it's just a different way of seeing/understanding things.

we worship God as Nirankar/formless, but we SEE God in everything. :)

does this make sense?

for me, personally, it hurts me to see people put restrictions on God. "God cannot do this, God cannot do that". i'm sorry, but per my limited understanding, God is beyond our capability to understand, describe, or explain. who are we to say what God can and cannot do?

everyone experiences God per their own understanding. that's a good thing. but i don't think it's appropriate to set limits on him in any way.

sorry for the diversion...

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Jasleen Kaur ji

I think you are responding to my post and let me share with you what is problem here. We dont know God, we just say about God as per Guru's shabad that states God doesnt incarnate and I have said nothing of my own. I believe, as a Sikh, you shouldnt have any problem with Guru's statement.. If that is accepted then why to get confused by saying Guru is God. When we as seekers talk about/ or feel about meditating on God, what should we do? keep saying God is Guru, or Guru is God or try to start our journey as a seeker to fall in love with Him, the Infinite. I have also stated another thing in the post about people who even call Guru is God but try to fall in love with The Creator. That says it all about what I was trying to say. Please remember we are just discussing what is stated by Guru ji. Who are we to say things from our own. We have got guidance from Guru ji and are proceeding accordingly. People differ in understanding Gurbani.

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Pyramid Ji, thankyou for this thread.

Totally agree with you about these issues. Comapring Gurbani and then proving it be different or contradictory to each other has become a normal practice. Performing such a task is totally against Gurmat.

Read this:

Rozana Spokesman Online........

When all the other tacts havn't worked, they are now after comparing God with God.

Daanveer Ji,

Thankyou.

Purpose is to make people aware of the practice of the manipulated Presentation of the Truth. Thanks for your encouraging comments.

Tacts been introduced since the beggining, and will always be around, only we need to be aware of them, and be prepared to save ourselves from falling into the falsehood. Keep living and sharing the Truth.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
If this is your belief, then one should also believe in the spiritual masters beyond Guru Nanak. Before SGGS, before Bhatts. Before Jesus, Before Krishna. Because Truth never changes.

Your concept is wrong, Pyramid Ji. You are not following the unchanging Truth. You are believing in the instruction of the written words of the spiritual masters - then why not also follow the Vedas, Upanishads, Buddhist literature, etc ?

Putting too much importance in the instructions and not pursuing the eternal Truth is the short-coming in every human being. Make the instruction a tool to reach the eternal and unchanging Truth. By bowing your head a million times to the word - water, is not going to quench your thirst. You have to understand what water you are instructed to seek - that will quench.

namjap Ji,
Thankyou.

I believe in Him and He is present everywhere, in you as well. I believe in His presence there and bow down to Him there as well. You can say whatever about it, it cant change. I believe in every TRUE master, and you know what: every true master's words are in line with Bani. A true master is not different than God. He is God Himself. Guru Ji tells this truth many many times.

I repeat my words from my first post:
Gurbani came from the True Source: Divine Lord. Gurbani is Gurprashaad. Guru Stamped it with word ‘GurPrasaad’ everywhere. Gurbani is compiled as a collection of Hymns collected from different Saints irrespective of color, cast, creed, time and religion.

:)Instructing tool itself is He Himself:)

There is no second- duja nahi koi:)

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Apr 4, 2007
Jasleen Kaur ji

I think you are responding to my post and let me share with you what is problem here. We dont know God, we just say about God as per Guru's shabad that states God doesnt incarnate and I have said nothing of my own. I believe, as a Sikh, you shouldnt have any problem with Guru's statement.. If that is accepted then why to get confused by saying Guru is God. When we as seekers talk about/ or feel about meditating on God, what should we do? keep saying God is Guru, or Guru is God or try to start our journey as a seeker to fall in love with Him, the Infinite. I have also stated another thing in the post about people who even call Guru is God but try to fall in love with The Creator. That says it all about what I was trying to say. Please remember we are just discussing what is stated by Guru ji. Who are we to say things from our own. We have got guidance from Guru ji and are proceeding accordingly. People differ in understanding Gurbani.

there it is again... that confusion about Guru is God being the same thing as incarnation. it's not, by the way. :) if you read through the several threads on this topic you might see that.

Guru's Shabad also tells us that Nanak is God himself. :) shall i just take your word for it that Gurbani is WRONG? no, sorry, i'll listen to Guru and try not to set my own limitations on God.

thanks for responding.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: