• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
Re: Searching for meaning - and discussion!

Your story sounds a bit like mine.

Except I'd say, I'm still in that desperation struggle, where I am still highly skeptical of religion...I can not just believe, and its a torture chamber for the mind.

I got into Sikhi through a different method. 1984 was the trick for me. Once, I learned about it, it changed me drastically. I researched more and more about Sikhs and Sikhi because of it. I actually find alot of other people that are similar to me in that aspect.

Have taken bad turns along the way.

I do like this site the best, because they actually let me post without being banned. ;)
And, the views here are usually based off facts and not fanatical rages as seen on other forums.

Discussion is intelligent, and except for a few times, personal attacks are minimal.

Only if people posted more often, it would be funner for me :)

Anyways, welcome to the forum, and dont be scared to post. Don't just read the threads, also post your opinion or questions on the topic.

Maybe I should be a moderator, I'm on here so often ;)

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India

hi Slkh
i guess u r on the way to be moderator, but for that there is only one prerequisite and thats to keep your personal opinions n biases in check and encourage the healthy discussions irrespective of weather u agree to the posts or not, and i see u very much there..just be a lil patient..hehehe
take care n guru fateh

Jun 1, 2004

Dear Navneet, a warm welcome to SPN once again from myside. Have a nice time and enjoy your stay.

And as dear S|KH has rightly pointed out that SPN is not all about posting useless threads but threads with some substance... so dont be surprised or disappointed if you find the activity on this forum a little on slower side... but you would find members here, who do think deep and take their time before they make a post. So, patience and perservance is the name of game on SPN... :)

As a curious beginner to Sikhism and as a response to your first post in another forum, i would humbly recommend you reading and understanding our section on Japji Sahib Ji elsewhere in this forum... you would find there an honest and contemporary effort to understand Gurbani by one of our esteemed members (Amarpal ji).

And last but not least, take it easy and enjoy life...

Regards

jag

SPNer
Oct 31, 2004
wondering if you could help me...

hi all, my names jag just signed up today. im doing some research on caste differences within sikhism, if anyone has any information about this topic please do not hestitate to contact me on jagmann47@hotmail.com thanks

navsimpson

SPNer
Oct 30, 2004
Toronto

Well, thanks for all the warm welcomes! It seems like this a board that is actually about discussing ideas and beliefs. Other boards I've perused often have very dogmatic posts about Sikhism being a certain way or perhaps the only way. Looking forward to lots of discussion.

take care all,

Nav

Jul 13, 2004
Canada

Welcome Navneet ji. We look forward to your active participation in this forum. I dont believe anything happens by accident. Sometimes, we understand the reason after a few similar events have taken place, and then start sequencing those.

And S|kh, your comments are great compliments to us. Makes us feel good that we SPN members are moving in right direction, and actually that kind of open-discussion environment without personal attacks, getting both +ve and -ve view on something, and lot more things, we want to cultivate in Sikhs and aspiring sikhs.

Best Regards.

Nov 2, 2004
Namuste And Sat Sri Akal

My name is Kapil Nayar, I am Hindu Punjabi. I play dhol and tabla. I am looking for a necklace. The origination of the Kirpan is based on a lion claw. I am looking for a necklace with this lions claw on it.
if anyone knows where to get one please let me know. drop me a message here on this site, or e-mail me directly at kapil@Temple.edu.
thank you ji,
kapil

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Re: Namuste And Sat Sri Akal

Dear Kapil,

Welcome to the discussion forums. I have no idea about the necklace you mentioned. Is this some antique item or some unique/rare thing?

Regards.

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India

dear kapil

my feeling is that u wont be able to get that there r lots of fakes out in the market, for this u have to contact a person who has hunted in india they might have some nails, then u have to get it custom made ,which people wear as a pendant..its not very costly but is not very cheap either..

Nov 2, 2004

Namuste ji,
I am not sure myself. I just know that my friends Papa was telling us that the origin of the Kirpan was the Tiger claw, hence Sher Punjab Da. I wanted to find out if there was such a think as a necklace w/ the tiger claw on it. I know that there are necklaces w/ kirpans on them. I wanted to know where I could purchase some.

thank you for your help though!
RAM RAM,
-kapil nayar

Nov 2, 2004

etinder said:
dear kapil

my feeling is that u wont be able to get that there r lots of fakes out in the market, for this u have to contact a person who has hunted in india they might have some nails, then u have to get it custom made ,which people wear as a pendant..its not very costly but is not very cheap either..
Namuste ji,
You wouldn't happen to know where I could get one would you? do you know of the silver Kirpans that are small enough for a necklace?

Thank you for all of your help,
RAM RAM,
-kapil nayar

truthseeker

SPNer
Aug 11, 2004
Ontario, Canada

fatehi ji!
i actually have a small kirpan that i can wear on a neclace, it was quite small but it is still quite noticable. i recieved mine from a friend who went to india but he said that most of the larger gurdwaras in india should have them. mine is from Hazoor sahib so my best guess would be to see if u could check there by any chance
im not to sure but i hope this helps

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India

yeah truth seeker is right 99% of the gurudwaras in india wud have it and even few across the world, they r very cheap usually nickel plated but u can get a custom made too from any jewellers in india n abroad..
and the claw u were talking of i knew a guy in himalayas he used to sell em depending on availability..but i never bought anyone myself.
but i guess the kirpan pendant is ur easy bet ,plus u can go fancy too.
regards

Eclectic

SPNer
Nov 11, 2004
Hello everyone!

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forums and I am interested in learning about Sikhism. I'm hoping this is the right place to learn new things. I believe I have an open mind. I am very new at learning about the Sikh way of life, so I apologize if I make any mistakes. What caught my attention was that so many of the members here have the word 'signh' in it (is that how you spell it?). What does this mean exactly?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

~Eclectic~

Eclectic

SPNer
Nov 11, 2004
Re: Hello everyone!

Oh and I forgot to mention that I also like to study religion, philosophy and culture. :) (Is there any way to edit our own posts if we make a mistake?)

truthseeker

SPNer
Aug 11, 2004
Ontario, Canada
Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome eclectic!!

I hope you anjoy the forums. personsally i have only been here for a short while but i have learnt alot myself. on a side note this is the way to spell it "singh"
It means lion.
well once again welcome to the forums!!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
(Khalsa belongs to the Guru and Victory is His)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM