• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
:welcomekaur:

Indran ji, can you provide us with a quote from Quran to substantiate your message. This would be really helpful and guide us in the right direction.

Thank you!

kggr001

SPNer
Nov 3, 2011
Amsterdam
Hello, my name is Chris I'm 19 years old, I live in the Amsterdam, Netherlands.
I've another account on SPN with name "kggr" which is my main account, I didn't come online for almost 6-7 months, I accidently logged into this account thinking that this is my main account and even without knowing/remembering that I had multiple accounts here :p

However since I now remember my main account, I will be using that one on SPN from now. :D

The past few months I was sucked up in the world and it's affairs.
I'm doing trying my best to not get sucked up again, it's really hard to always remember the one.
I'm praying to god that he will hold my hand and help me to cross this worldly ocean.

I really love the Sikh philosophy, I try to follow it.
However I don't see my self as Guru's sikh, I'am not worth to be called his student, I fail to follow he's teachings. Even a dog is beter then me he doesn't leave his master unlike I do.

Sabbar

SPNer
May 30, 2014
Sat Sri Akaal.
beloved Brothers'Sisiters in the Dharma of our beloved WaheguruJi.
My name is Sabbar (my spanish name is Sebatian).
i'am 67 years of age....home is in the city of Victoria,bc Canada.
i'am a brother Sikh by the grace of Guru Ji......
now i'am in the Path of true...with my brothers/ Sisters Sikhs.....
I was a catholic Priest............
with respect yours humble Servant.
Sabbar Singh.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

i've just joined the forums to discuss topics related to Gurbani that i am pondering but they don't seem to fit within Gurbani Vichar meetings. i'm looking forward to sharing and getting insight from other members who can help offer perspectives.

my background is that i'm Irish-Catholic-American by birth but have just been a non-religious, secular humanist for most of my life. i have a passion for writing and after doing a lot of research for a Sikh character for my new comic book, i eventually went deeper into studying Gurbani and decided to become Sikh.

i also have a degree in philosophy with a concentration in metaphysics and epistemology.

tuhanu mil kei bohat kushi hoy. very happy to meet you.

Last edited:

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
my background is that i'm Irish-Catholic-American by birth but have just been a non-religious, secular humanist for most of my life. i have a passion for writing and after doing a lot of research for a Sikh character for my new comic book, i eventually went deeper into studying Gurbani and decided to become Sikh.

Do share your journey with us. You could use a separate thread for that. We will be glad.

thank you Harmanpreet Ji.

my first comic book is called "Santa vs Aliens" and it's the story of a young boy who saves Christmas from an alien attack. it's not religious per se, it's a story in the Santa mythology, similar to "Rudolf the Red Nosed Raindeer" or "Year Without a Santa Claus" from the old Rankin/Bass stop motion animation stories.

you can see it on my website with the first 10 pages posted: http://www.santavsaliens.com

my second comic is called "Super Sikh" and it is an action hero story about a Sikh secret agent fighting against the Taliban. He is a big Elvis fan, taking after his Dad, and he tries to take a vacation to the US to see Graceland. But a crazy Taliban squad follows him. So the story is about his adventure to get to Graceland and the battles along the way.

you can see some art and more about the story here:
http://www.supersikhcomic.com

with this comic i am going to launch a kickstarter to get the comic printed and the comic profit will be donated to Sikh youth charities.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM