• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Interfaith Marriage - Muslim & Sikh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadeem

SPNer
Mar 8, 2007
United Kingdom
Dear Shernee,

"Please go and lecture in a muslim forum"

I have not attacked you, have I? Why the venom? The discussion is philosophical and so it is about the logical validity of arguments, NOT about individuals or even a debate between Sikhs Versus Muslims. If you reduce this discussion to a religious debate then you would have missed the boat entirely. I hope you understand what I am saying?

ISDhillon

SPNer
Dec 13, 2005
Dear Shernee,

I have not attacked you, have I? Why the venom? The discussion is philosophical and so it is about the logical validity of arguments, NOT about individuals or even a debate between Sikhs Versus Muslims. If you reduce this discussion to a religious debate then you would have missed the boat entirely. I hope you understand what I am saying?

why logical validity?, logic is a human construct, no religion is logical its all based on faith. If a religion is logical it is devoid of spirit and most likely man-made. Today interpretation is logical because god is not here to tell us the meanings of his words all edicts are man-made.

Nadeem

SPNer
Mar 8, 2007
United Kingdom
Shernee writes: "A MUSLIM TROUBLE MARKER.."

Please read above - Philosophy concerns itself with "logical constructs" not religion.

Intelligent people reply intelligently because they are aware that this is a philosophical discussion and not a religious debate. Your wild insults are neither necessary nor helpful to the nature of the questions. If a scientist explores science and a philosopher explores philosophy, why do you insult both by drawing attention to who they are rather than what they say?

ISDhillon

SPNer
Dec 13, 2005
Shernee writes: "A MUSLIM TROUBLE MARKER.."

"Please read above - Philosophy concerns itself with "logical constructs" not religion. "

reasoning and critical analysis does, philosophy actually does not, philosophy means love of wisdom, my mother is older than me and more wise yet I have more education than her why is this?

Nadeem

SPNer
Mar 8, 2007
United Kingdom
However, you could try and make a case for philosophy by arguing that it should be about the love of wisdom. I agree with you that education does not equal wisdom.

By the way, I am pleased that I am having an intelligent discussion with someone rather than having to defend wild accusations! And say hello to your mother from me! :)

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
hir pRym bwxI mnu mwirAw AxIAwly AxIAw rwm rwjy ]
ijsu lwgI pIr iprMm kI so jwxY jrIAw ]

makkanz

SPNer
Feb 2, 2007
Just closing this off. Thank you all for your contributions. The last thing i have to say is that a true love story never ends and i believe that. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM