• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Indians

sunvai

SPNer
Apr 23, 2006
Seattle
Umm.. Hi.....Me and my cousin were just discussing this a while ago...and we started disputting that were not indians..I obviously believe that sikhs are indians, we are apart of that nation so aren't we considered indians. Im just a bit confused right now, shes telling me that indians are the first nation people coming to america, and that when we get called an indian its a racism word...That doesn't make sense. Were indians aren't we..?????
Post your views please....open convo....talk freely

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
sunvai said:
Umm.. Hi.....Me and my cousin were just discussing this a while ago...and we started disputting that were not indians..I obviously believe that sikhs are indians, we are apart of that nation so aren't we considered indians. Im just a bit confused right now, shes telling me that indians are the first nation people coming to america, and that when we get called an indian its a racism word...That doesn't make sense. Were indians aren't we..?????
Post your views please....open convo....talk freely

Sikhs are not indians and indian are not sikhs.. we are all sikhs. Yes i know this cause people call native-aborginals "indians" often. The reason being is that when the settlers came ot america, they thought they discovered india and hence called the peopel indians... when really they aren't. The name is stuck now, all though it is getting slowly changing to first-nations.

I am aboriginal, from cree tribe.

Dec 8, 2005
I certianly believe that we are all Indians who live in Indian sub contient.
Today punjab is an integral and a proud memeber of india and so we are Indians.

we are also proud to be one .
the same way that you are a canadian.

we are all patriots to which ever country we belong to.

though in the end and in our heart we also belong to on unique group called humans and may be even life .

to stretch we are also the whole cosmos.

dont get narrowed down to bits .

be the whole

love

hps62

sunvai

SPNer
Apr 23, 2006
Seattle
I still dont get it, the other indians the native american ones were mistakenly called indians, but if they were mistakin that they found india, doesnt that make us indins???

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM