Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

General In memory for Dad

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by Sikh_In_Need, Mar 11, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Sikh_In_Need

Sikh_In_Need
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Sat Sri Akal, when it will be a year since my Dad passed away in memory my family is planning to hold a Paath or something at the Gurdwara. However I am not sure what Paath we are meant to do in memory of someone passing away? Also, I am unsure when we are meant to do it? Are we meant to do it on the anniversary date at which my Dad passed away, before or after? Your help and advice would be much appreciated.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    SciTech Eternal Sunshine of the Bionic Mind: Prosthesis Could Restore Memory Breaking News Jun 24, 2013
    Canada Sikh Nation’s Annual Blood Drive Aims To Keep Alive Memory Of Innocent Sikhs Murdered In India Breaking News Oct 28, 2012
    Sikh Foundation The Sikh Foundation and the Memory of 1984 Outrage Sikh Organisations Jul 12, 2011
    In memory of Gurmail Singh Interfaith Dialogues Jun 10, 2011
    A Novel Way to Improve Memory Business, Lifestyle & Leisure Nov 14, 2010

3. badmash

badmash
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I think should be Akhand Path. Details I could not tell you. Check with the Gurudwara.

4. kaur-1

kaur-1
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

I dont think the dates matter. My father passed away 2 years ago late this month and my family just have a normal program - a jag (akhand path the first year). This year they had the program much early as all the dates were booked.

5. Dovv

Dovv
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

cherish what you hold.