Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!

import one spreadsheet from several from excel to access

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by thread, Jul 28, 2006.

  1. thread

    thread
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    hi all,
    i'm trying to import specific spreadsheet from excel file but its
    giving me the defaoult and not the once that i need
    how can i decide via vba code on the spreadsheet i want to import?
     
  2. Loading...

    Similar Threads Forum Date
    Importance Of Dastar History of Sikhism Aug 12, 2016
    Importance Of Tirath / Pilgrimage As Per Gurbani Gurmat Vichaar Jun 1, 2016
    Superheroes: Arjan Bhullar Explains Wrestling's Importance In The Sikh Community Sports & Fitness Apr 15, 2016
    Important decisions in life Questions and Answers May 25, 2015
    Friendship Between Genders... Important Question Questions and Answers Dec 20, 2012

  3. Nikos Yannacopoulos

    Nikos Yannacopoulos
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Use TransferSpreadsheet for the import, and specify the sheet name in
    the Range argument.

    HTH,
    Nikos

    thread wrote:
    > hi all,
    > i'm trying to import specific spreadsheet from excel file but its
    > giving me the defaoult and not the once that i need
    > how can i decide via vba code on the spreadsheet i want to import?
    >
     
  4. thread

    thread
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    hi nikos,
    from some reason when i'm putting the sheet's name in the range its
    opening error,do you know maybe what is the problem and how can i fix
    it?
    i wrote "sheet1" or the name of this sheet but still it opens error msg

    Nikos Yannacopoulos כתב:
    > Use TransferSpreadsheet for the import, and specify the sheet name in
    > the Range argument.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Nikos
    >
    > thread wrote:
    > > hi all,
    > > i'm trying to import specific spreadsheet from excel file but its
    > > giving me the defaoult and not the once that i need
    > > how can i decide via vba code on the spreadsheet i want to import?
    > >
     
  5. Nikos Yannacopoulos

    Nikos Yannacopoulos
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Are you still out there? Sorry for the delay in coming back to you, I
    was away on business.
    Can you post your exact code please, as well as the error message that
    you get?

    Nikos
     
  6. thread

    thread
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    hi nikos,
    thanks for your replay but i found a solution
    my problem now is how can i do a vlookup/hlookup to a data coming as
    matrix for ex.:

    a b c d
    A 1 2 3 1
    B 2 3 4 3
    C 3 4 5 5
    D 4 5 6 7

    how can i bring data from culomn b row C do you know maybe a way to
    pull the inforamtion in the fastest way without vb loop

    Nikos Yannacopoulos wrote:
    > Are you still out there? Sorry for the delay in coming back to you, I
    > was away on business.
    > Can you post your exact code please, as well as the error message that
    > you get?
    >
    > Nikos
     
  7. Nikos Yannacopoulos

    Nikos Yannacopoulos
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Not sure what you mean, but it sounds like you are still thinking in
    Excel terms... vlookup/hlookup are Excel, with no Access equivalent. An
    Access table represents a collection of similar entities (e.g. peolpe),
    "columns" (Fields in Access terms) correspond to attributes of an entity
    (e.g. last name, first name, date of birth, gender etc), each "row"
    (Record in Access terms) represents a single entity (a person in this
    example) and is identified by means of a unique value in a field that is
    designated as a primary key (a Social Security Number would make a good
    PK). So, to get the last name of a person with a given SSN, you would
    use a query or a DLookup function, obviously in a defferent way than you
    would do it in Excel. To begin with, your data in a table must be
    meaningful as per the above example (one record for each one of similar
    entities represented in a table, each with a unique identifier and a set
    of values for different attributes). Is your data arranged like this? If
    yes, what are you trying to achieve?

    Nikos
     
  8. thread

    thread
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    hi nikos,
    i'm dealing with an excel file,using an object from access
    automation,it is pre-stage becaouse importing the file to the
    access,usingf several of files and data doing some re-formating to the
    excel file and this way importing it to the access.
    i found some difficulties in finding data from a matrix table but found
    some solution with the match function lets see how can i implement it
    on the vba code,needs to save time instead of looping

    do you know if there is a way to open msgbox box via vba code inside
    excel(and not access)

    Nikos Yannacopoulos wrote:
    > Not sure what you mean, but it sounds like you are still thinking in
    > Excel terms... vlookup/hlookup are Excel, with no Access equivalent. An
    > Access table represents a collection of similar entities (e.g. peolpe),
    > "columns" (Fields in Access terms) correspond to attributes of an entity
    > (e.g. last name, first name, date of birth, gender etc), each "row"
    > (Record in Access terms) represents a single entity (a person in this
    > example) and is identified by means of a unique value in a field that is
    > designated as a primary key (a Social Security Number would make a good
    > PK). So, to get the last name of a person with a given SSN, you would
    > use a query or a DLookup function, obviously in a defferent way than you
    > would do it in Excel. To begin with, your data in a table must be
    > meaningful as per the above example (one record for each one of similar
    > entities represented in a table, each with a unique identifier and a set
    > of values for different attributes). Is your data arranged like this? If
    > yes, what are you trying to achieve?
    >
    > Nikos
     
  9. Nikos Yannacopoulos

    Nikos Yannacopoulos
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    You've lost me completely, I have no clue what you are doing.
    Open a message box in Excel form VBA code executed in Access???
     
  10. thread

    thread
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    hi nikos,
    dont be lost,you are correct,this is what i want to do.
    the standard way is to open msgbox in access but becaouse the work is
    being done in excel i would like to see the msgbox in the excel and not
    in access so i will know there when the process ended

    Nikos Yannacopoulos כתב:
    > You've lost me completely, I have no clue what you are doing.
    > Open a message box in Excel form VBA code executed in Access???
     
  11. thread

    thread
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    hi nikos,
    dont be lost,you are correct,this is what i want to do.
    the standard way is to open msgbox in access but becaouse the work is
    being done in excel i would like to see the msgbox in the excel and not
    in access so i will know there when the process ended

    Nikos Yannacopoulos כתב:
    > You've lost me completely, I have no clue what you are doing.
    > Open a message box in Excel form VBA code executed in Access???
     
  12. Nikos Yannacopoulos

    Nikos Yannacopoulos
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    I'm afraid I don't know... not just how, not even sure if possible at all.

    Nikos
     
  13. MBSNewbie

    MBSNewbie
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Not sure what the beginning of this post it, but could you open the message
    box in Access, Click OK, then have it Open into Excel? Or.... Not sure what
    you are doing in Excel, but have a startup macro in Excel to show the
    msgbox....
    (Sry, trying to help without the original question...LOL)


    "Nikos Yannacopoulos" <nyannacoREMOVETHISBIT@in.gr> wrote in message
    news:um1wPxaoGHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
    > I'm afraid I don't know... not just how, not even sure if possible at all.
    >
    > Nikos
     
  14. thread

    thread
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    hi,
    it suppose to be simple
    the execute of excel coming coming from access
    doing the automtion the active aplication is excel and not access,so i
    would like to get done message on the excel application and not in
    access

    MBSNewbie כתב:
    > Not sure what the beginning of this post it, but could you open the message
    > box in Access, Click OK, then have it Open into Excel? Or.... Not sure what
    > you are doing in Excel, but have a startup macro in Excel to show the
    > msgbox....
    > (Sry, trying to help without the original question...LOL)
    >
    >
    > "Nikos Yannacopoulos" <nyannacoREMOVETHISBIT@in.gr> wrote in message
    > news:um1wPxaoGHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
    > > I'm afraid I don't know... not just how, not even sure if possible at all.
    > >
    > > Nikos
     

Share This Page