• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam I'm Muslim Pakistani

somegyal

SPNer
Oct 22, 2006
But I love sikh men :shy: i have a sikh bf now i dunno where that would take us, we really want to get married and we are really scared
god what can we do i dont wanna leave him and neither does he does anyone has any similar situation...............altho theres tons of muslim men iv always though sikh men r just so BUFF they r just perfect and i would respect their culture and religion with all my heart. anyone else been like this:8-:)

bawaj

SPNer
Oct 22, 2006
Hey, I can understand where you are coming from. However, before I say anything, I want to ask you this: Have you given it a rational thought about how your married life is going to be, what religion will you children follow, what would their name be...?
If you have thought about it and still want to be with this person then I suggest you bite the bullet and go for it. Just remember that at the end of the day it is your life. All one can do is give you suggestions how to live it. As far as family is concerned you must approach this very patiently. No matter how upset they become you should never lose your temper. Try reasoning with them over and over again. I really hope it works. If not! then I suppose you have to search your heart and take steps that you feel will give you the best possible future. Hope I helped. In any case I wish you all the best and I shall pray that things work out for you.

jaysangh

SPNer
Oct 22, 2006
Hey,

Not to trivialize your post in the least. But I find it very startling how many Muslim friends I have met that are dating sikhs or hindu's. At the moment, I have 2 close friends who are in similar situations.

What makes this a little more difficult than say two people of different western religions trying to pursue a serious relationship in the hopes of one day getting married is that most eastern religions tend to have a more family oriented look on marriage.

Most western cultures see (in my opinion) marriage as a union between two people while most eastern cultures tend to see marriage as a union of two families. I think this is really where the problem arises when a muslim and a sikh try to marry. Although the two people directly involved may love each other and want to pursue a lifelong relationship with each other they may forget to consider all the other factors.

Mentioning these other factors isn't entirely necessary. The above post does a good job of that. In the end the choice is yours and what you decide will depend on a lot of things (like how accepting your/his family will be)

Best of luck
------
jay

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Had das not with security agency of India,das would have had a wife,who had Muslim family.As das is aware that once Muslim lady marries outside Islam,she has to leave her faith.

Due to this Sanatan Sikhs tells Sikh to not to marry Muslim lady.But if we see Sikhism with sprituality then it is a from of Islam only.

anyway you are welcome to marry a Sikh and maintain Islam.Yuo can contact Baba Nidder Singh Ji of midland,if you need some help.Visit site Sanatan Sikhi and link of local Akharas of Online Education.

Akal Sahai and Allah Hafiz.

aCe

SPNer
Nov 22, 2006
Isn't love supposed to be blind? If so, why is religion even an issue, why complicate things by bringin in religion? If you two are NOT particularly religious your union should not be a prob. If there are doubts don't get married have a common-law relationship, remember divorces are expensive. More money in ur pocket the better!

chk1

SPNer
Nov 25, 2006
I know many people from different religions in this situation and i say to each of them as i will say to you:

Look within your heart for your soul will speak to you through your feelings and only through your feelings will you find what is the best thing to do.
As for religion: We are all trying to obtain the same goal, that is union with God after our transition to death, but we are all on different paths to reach this goal. How important is religion to you both of you? Bear in mind when you die you will leave this Earth alone, as will he, as will each and every one of us, including your parents. So my advice to you would be to follow your heart and although you should respect your parents and his parents wishes but you can be happy together, you just need to believe that it can work.

Love involves all manner of people (families, friends etc) but religion should never be the deciding factor of whether two souls should be togeher or not, it should be your hearts.

Good luck! :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: