Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

I want to learn Gurmukhi and Punjabi

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by BlazinSikh, Apr 19, 2012.

1. BlazinSikh

BlazinSikh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Hey brothers and sister, Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji Ke Fateh

does anyone know any good sites, books or videos which would be usefull for me to use in order to learn and understand punjabi and gurmukhi. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Learn Punjabi A Great App For Learning Gurmukhi and Some Basic Vocabulary Language, Arts & Culture Jan 22, 2013
    Learn Punjabi Looking for a Few Good Links to Learn Gurmukhi Language, Arts & Culture Aug 8, 2011
    Learn Punjabi Learn Gurmukhi - The Punjabi Alphabets Language, Arts & Culture Sep 16, 2009
    Learn Punjabi Sunny Learns Gurmukhi - New DVD's From Sikhlink Language, Arts & Culture Oct 4, 2008
    Easiest way to learn gurmukhi... Sikh Youth Feb 9, 2008

3. passingby

passingby
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

• Like Like x 2
  4. futurekaur

futurekaur United States
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

For Punjabi there is Teach Yourself Panjabi not bad . For the language of the GGS try and find an old copy of C. Shackle's Introduction to the Sacred Language of the Sikhs it's out of print but just what you are looking for.

5. Navdeep88

Navdeep88 Canada
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Supporter

1)Ummm.... have you tried checking if your Local Gurdwara offers classes for kid's? There's usually elementary material there that you can use for a Small Donation.
    2)Maybe get your Parents to help you out
    3)If there's relatives heading to india, ask them if they can bring some elemtary Material for you to get started.

as for sites, there probably Are Some, maybe even ebooks, but i've never had the need so w/ a little research you may stumble upon smthing Useful.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jonj

jonj
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

i think that it is best to seek learning and answers to your questions about Punjabi here as there is a lot of wisdom here especially to those who have known Punjabi for so long. i think that the best way to learn is through experience and as a new learner it is best to learn from the experience of others that is why this is the right place to be able to address your concerns as there are a lot of members here who are more than willing to help you out. just be humble enough to seek advice and it will surely come.